EA Forums - Banner

Drop in is simply unplayable now...the server stuttering is ridiculous

Moxrox84
319 posts Member
Even our league games are being postponed until we can find a time the servers aren't suffering. CHEL is pretty much a quit fest in the first 5 minutes now since the game simply can't be played.

Replies

• scrubes
    14 posts Member
    Bumping another post about this server issue.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    @Moxrox84 @scrubes

I've seen several other threads in the last 24 hours. Would you mind giving us these specifics so we can get them over to the appropriate teams? Any help you can give will go a long way.
    • Are you on Xbox One or PlayStation 4
    • What region are you located in the world
    • Who is your Internet Service Provider
    • Gamertag/PSN ID
    • Do you see any significant packet loss to our servers when you run a UO Trace via the tool on our website? (This one is not 100% necessary but it helps if you're willing to do the 5 minute test)
    • 3v3 or 6v6 or both
    • Is this when you're queuing by yourself or with friends (how many friends and what region are they located in)
    • Public or Private game
    • Do you see lag on both Relax and Yes settings for "Use Best Game Location" (Matchmaking Settings)
    • Does it stutter throughout the entire game, randomly, or in certain period(s)
  • scrubes
    14 posts Member
    Are you on Xbox One or PlayStation 4
    Xbox

What region are you located in the world
    US East

Who is your Internet Service Provider
    Comcast but this happens to all 12 people in a 6s game so i don't think its that

Gamertag/PSN ID
    no

Do you see any significant packet loss to our servers when you run a UO Trace via the tool on our website? (This one is not 100% necessary but it helps if you're willing to do the 5 minute test)
    Not doing that see screenshots at bottom.

3v3 or 6v6 or both
    both, even 1s and I'd bet eliminator too

Is this when you're queuing by yourself or with friends (how many friends and what region are they located in)
    Dropin and Club so both Public or Private game
    had to quit 3 Club challenge games before we got a game with no lag on 4th try, so both

Do you see lag on both Relax and Yes settings for "Use Best Game Location" (Matchmaking Settings)
    Yes

Does it stutter throughout the entire game, randomly, or in certain period(s)
    Entire game and you can see it in the pregame lobby, connection bar will flash yellow or red. stutters start in intros.

i68qwgtgtld3.png

• Same exact issues on PS4.

All EASHL modes. Anytime during the night tonight, eastern time.
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    @Moxrox84 @scrubes

I've seen several other threads in the last 24 hours. Would you mind giving us these specifics so we can get them over to the appropriate teams? Any help you can give will go a long way.
    • Are you on Xbox One or PlayStation 4
    • What region are you located in the world
    • Who is your Internet Service Provider
    • Gamertag/PSN ID
    • Do you see any significant packet loss to our servers when you run a UO Trace via the tool on our website? (This one is not 100% necessary but it helps if you're willing to do the 5 minute test)
    • 3v3 or 6v6 or both
    • Is this when you're queuing by yourself or with friends (how many friends and what region are they located in)
    • Public or Private game
    • Do you see lag on both Relax and Yes settings for "Use Best Game Location" (Matchmaking Settings)
    • Does it stutter throughout the entire game, randomly, or in certain period(s)

Xbox One

I'm in the DFW area.

Spectrum

Moxrox

Not doing the 5 min test...sorry, but this clearly isn't on my end.

6v6, not much of a 3's player, but it did occur in 3's Sunday night just before my league game.

Drop in or 6's club doesn't matter

Does not seem to make much of a difference (right now for, example, it's 10:15 am in Texas, and I can't find anyone even online to play drop in)

The stuttering/lag/freezing is random. It might be tolerable to get through a game, but sometimes it's so bad everyone will quit in the first period.
  • DonnieATX
    2 posts New member
    Same server problems here in Texas, every time I try to play the last couple of weeks.
    Xbox One
    Texas
    Spectrum ISP
    Gamertag: BFG Rocker
    No packet loss on UO Trace right now
    3v3. Haven't tried 6v6
    Queuing with friend also in Texas
    Public game
    Only tried "Relaxed" so far
    Stutters through entire game

This is in EASHL around midnight and affects most games played. I've never seen this type of lag before in NHL20. It lasts the entire game and occurs every few seconds where the game appears to pause for a second for all players and then continues. There's never any drastic speedup, it's just the game pausing every few seconds. Tried NA Central and NA East servers and happens on both.
  • GramerProfesur
    561 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Having same issues too here in Northern VA. I rarely lag, my connection is extremely fast

Can’t get through one drop in game without quitting, lag is 50 MS and above with lag spikes of 200 or more. Must be Toronto server, don’t know wha happened but they’re toast right now. Were fine up until last 2/3 days
  • Rabieh
    99 posts Member
    LOL ... you seriously want us to fill all that information out blueberry? Load up the game and see for yourself. It’s stuttering every 15 seconds and The game is even more unplayable than before
  • EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    @Rabieh

I loaded it up yesterday and witnessed it firsthand myself. Definitely unplayable and we flagged it down to the teams here. Knowing what locations players are from can help us determine if it's related to specific server locations because that is where they're being routed to since it doesn't look like it's affecting everyone for each game.

For those taking time out to provide us the info we're requesting to help expedite the fix, thank you for help in the process. You're helping others get back onto the ice much sooner.
  • Moxrox84
    319 posts Member
    @Rabieh

I loaded it up yesterday and witnessed it firsthand myself. Definitely unplayable and we flagged it down to the teams here. Knowing what locations players are from can help us determine if it's related to specific server locations because that is where they're being routed to since it doesn't look like it's affecting everyone for each game.

For those taking time out to provide us the info we're requesting to help expedite the fix, thank you for help in the process. You're helping others get back onto the ice much sooner.

Appreciate it, Blueberry!
  • I see nothing has changed, as it’s February 2021 and here I am reading this and having the exact same problems. Dropped in at least 50% of the games. How can the servers be so absurdly bad so long after the fact. Has ea just given up on the game as a whole? Lol.
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    I see nothing has changed, as it’s February 2021 and here I am reading this and having the exact same problems. Dropped in at least 50% of the games. How can the servers be so absurdly bad so long after the fact. Has ea just given up on the game as a whole? Lol.

If you're getting dropped from half your games, we should go through some connection troubleshooting. Let me know if you'd like to do that. Otherwise, we can't rule out any connection issues.
  • thebrazenhead75
    243 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Why can’t I set my settings to EAST ALWAYS?!
  • [quote="EA_Aljo;c-2185829"][quote="l3br0n23rul3z;c-2185771"]I see nothing has changed, as it’s February 2021 and here I am reading this and having the exact same problems. Dropped in at least 50% of the games. How can the servers be so absurdly bad so long after the fact. Has ea just given up on the game as a whole? Lol.[/quote]

If you're getting dropped from half your games, we should go through some connection troubleshooting. Let me know if you'd like to do that. Otherwise, we can't rule out any connection issues.[/quote]

Can I get some help looking into dropped game issue here? Happening every night. I only play for an hour at most. But sometimes I'll get dropped from 2 games within 15 minutes.

Toronto player with Rogers internet.

Playing 3v3 drop-ins exclusively
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    I see nothing has changed, as it’s February 2021 and here I am reading this and having the exact same problems. Dropped in at least 50% of the games. How can the servers be so absurdly bad so long after the fact. Has ea just given up on the game as a whole? Lol.

If you're getting dropped from half your games, we should go through some connection troubleshooting. Let me know if you'd like to do that. Otherwise, we can't rule out any connection issues.

Can I get some help looking into dropped game issue here? Happening every night. I only play for an hour at most. But sometimes I'll get dropped from 2 games within 15 minutes.

Toronto player with Rogers internet.

Playing 3v3 drop-ins exclusively

I'll try to help. First, do you use a wired or wireless connection? Also, has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!