EA Forums - Banner

Its been about 2 months....

Its been about 2 months with this horrible lag.
EA, you have said you are working on the problem with ISPs, Microsoft, Sony....that's great.

My question: What specifically are you doing to resolve? What attempts have you made to remedy this? As far as I can see the problem has not gotten better....is arguably worse. I would like to understand just what measures you have taken to try to resolve this.

(Part of me hopes "nothing" because that explanation would make sense.)

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    2160 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Talongore wrote: »
    EA, you have said you are working on the problem with ISPs, Microsoft, Sony....that's great.

My question: What specifically are you doing to resolve? What attempts have you made to remedy this? As far as I can see the problem has not gotten better....is arguably worse. I would like to understand just what measures you have taken to try to resolve this.

We don't have these details as the mods here aren't involved in troubleshooting the servers. All I can tell you is that we're trying to get this resolved as soon as possible.
  • jrlandwehr
    7 posts New member
    Wouldn't it make sense for at least a public statement from the nhl department of EA saying they are at least aware of the issues? Maybe even a course of action or projected timeline? I do not believe that's too much to ask... it's a paragraph.
  • EA_Aljo
    jrlandwehr wrote: »
    Wouldn't it make sense for at least a public statement from the nhl department of EA saying they are at least aware of the issues? Maybe even a course of action or projected timeline? I do not believe that's too much to ask... it's a paragraph.

We have been saying we're aware of this and investigating. We don't announce a timeline because we don't know when a resolution will be found. Normally, once they find out what the problem is, it's resolved quickly.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

We don't have these details as the mods here aren't involved in troubleshooting the servers. All I can tell you is that we're trying to get this resolved as soon as possible.

This is about what I expected to hear. I'd be disappointed in the response but it confirms what I thought.....nothing is being done.

Have you asked for details? You, as a community manager, have a community here of people beyond frustrated with the state of the game. If I were in your role....I'd certainly be trying to understand from the development team and my leadership just what it is the company is trying to do to resolve this so I could communicate back to the community I manage and try to placate the frustrated members. And you have no details.....how is that acceptable to you? That isn't great service, it isn't even "good enough" service....its essentially lip service.

But again....I am not disappointed because it is more or less what I expected.

• EA what about a server in TORONTO how do you only have only 1 server in Eastern Canada in Quebec?
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

This is about what I expected to hear. I'd be disappointed in the response but it confirms what I thought.....nothing is being done.

Have you asked for details? You, as a community manager, have a community here of people beyond frustrated with the state of the game. If I were in your role....I'd certainly be trying to understand from the development team and my leadership just what it is the company is trying to do to resolve this so I could communicate back to the community I manage and try to placate the frustrated members. And you have no details.....how is that acceptable to you? That isn't great service, it isn't even "good enough" service....its essentially lip service.

But again....I am not disappointed because it is more or less what I expected.

As we have repeatedly said, it's being worked on. We're not the ones working on the servers personally. I imagine you'd rather have network engineers than forums mods getting this fixed. We have been in regular communication with the NHL team on this issue. They are working on it. If it was as easy as you seem to think it is, it would have been done. None of us want to see so much negativity and disappointment. I'm frustrated that my own games are playing terribly. We're trying to get this handled as soon as possible.

Like with many repair or support issues, you don't know how long it's going to take until you find the root cause of the problem. Then, putting a fix in place is often not as simple as flipping a switch. I assure you all is being done to get the lag with EASHL resolved. This isn't about us giving lip service or not caring. That couldn't be further from the truth.
  • EA_Aljo
    There was a change made last Friday that appears to have resolved the lag with EASHL games. If you're still experiencing this, let us know and we'll look into it. Thanks!
  • Yes, thank you.....I did notice this. Appears to have been resolved sometime in the evening on Friday. Saw a couple of laggy games in the afternoon, and then *poof* the lag disappeared. I'm glad to see this finally resolved! Thank you and team for resolving.
  • EA_Aljo
    Yes, thank you.....I did notice this. Appears to have been resolved sometime in the evening on Friday. Saw a couple of laggy games in the afternoon, and then *poof* the lag disappeared. I'm glad to see this finally resolved! Thank you and team for resolving.

You're very welcome. Thanks for sticking with us. Apologies for the frustration with the lag!