EA Forums - Banner

Am I extremely lucky?

zyq24
5 posts New member
Hi guys,

I am completely new to the game (started about 3 weeks ago) but not to the concept of Ultimate Team (played it in FIFA, NBA 2K and NBA Live).

Struggling hard in the game, barely can win games with lower rated AI teams at All Star Level and in Rivals I get smashed (currently in 8th division).

Week ago opened packs for my Elite 2 in Squad Battles and got 95 Al Macinnis:

https://imgur.com/2ZcbDzc

Was stunned as in any other Ultimate Team mode I have never pulled such a rare card. Sold it for 290K and improved my team.

Then yesterday when opened untradeable gold 8th Division rewards from rivals I pulled 96 Jari Kurri:

https://imgur.com/csVsDxc

And now I am really confused. Am I extremely lucky? Or at this stage of the game such situations happen every now and then?

Replies

  • Lucky. I can go weeks without any notable pulls. Or I can get multiple good pulls close together. For instance, I didn't get anything over 2 weeks in rivals or squad battles, but this week so far I've got a few decent pulls. 93 weber who I can't really use as I already pulled his 97(both are untradeable), and I took a chance at the 45k coin prime time pack and snagged a 99 Mackinnon. That got me a good 775k which I used to pick up a 99 Ray Bourque.

    Just keep in mind, for the weeks you pull nothing notable, you can use those cards to build gold collectibles and build master set players.
  • Tonysl79
    519 posts Member
    Well I can say lucky for sure. I’ve been playing since September and the best card I’ve ever pulled from hc, rivals, re-rolls, cs, and the tournament was a 93 neidemeyer. It’s a way to entice new players to spend money to buy packs in hopes of pulling good cards while others who have been grinding since September have gotten 13 base gold gudreau 10 base gold Tavares and 12 base mckinnons. Btw all of those cards didn’t start coming until January so I couldn’t use them by that point.
  • monz
    872 posts Member
    zyq24 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I am completely new to the game (started about 3 weeks ago) but not to the concept of Ultimate Team (played it in FIFA, NBA 2K and NBA Live).

    Struggling hard in the game, barely can win games with lower rated AI teams at All Star Level and in Rivals I get smashed (currently in 8th division).

    Week ago opened packs for my Elite 2 in Squad Battles and got 95 Al Macinnis:

    https://imgur.com/2ZcbDzc

    Was stunned as in any other Ultimate Team mode I have never pulled such a rare card. Sold it for 290K and improved my team.

    Then yesterday when opened untradeable gold 8th Division rewards from rivals I pulled 96 Jari Kurri:

    https://imgur.com/csVsDxc

    And now I am really confused. Am I extremely lucky? Or at this stage of the game such situations happen every now and then?

    Extremely luckly highest card ive pulled all year was a 92!
  • EA_Aljo
    1628 posts EA Community Manager
    I've had some excellent pulls with Rivals and Squad Battles rewards. I've also played a ton of Squad Battles, but the grind has been worth it. I get at least Elite 1 each week. It seems about every other week or so I pull something really good. My Rivals rewards yesterday got me the 94 Pageau, which replaced the 90 Pageau I used all year. I also got the 95 Geoffrion, but he doesn't fit into my lineup. I always go for double rewards with untradeable items so there's extra chances for better players. Between Rivals and Squad Battles I've had several 90+ pulls. With all the ways to get free packs, tt's a good year for guys that are F2P.
  • Tonysl79
    519 posts Member
    edited May 21
    So pulling 1 93 card since September is a good for f2p players?. I always finish elite one in sb, finished around 1000 in hc and am in division 2 now after an amazing losing streak in rivals. Done easily over 500 re-rolls as well. You would hope the probability of getting more than 1 93 card would be greater but I guess not.
  • smyth9779
    176 posts Member
    You are the luckiest man alive!!!! Hahaha. No seriously. You are def lucky. The best card I've pulled since September is 91 zebanejad...I never get anything good. Ever. It's pretty frustrating. Especially when you watch all these streamers pulling 95-99 cards like they are candy at a candy store....I saw someone get a 93,91,95 after opening 2 lousy packs. Lol. I havent gotten that much in almost a year. He got it in about 2 minutes it took to open the packs. Lol.
  • EA_Aljo
    1628 posts EA Community Manager
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    So pulling 1 93 card since September is a good for f2p players?. I always finish elite one in sb, finished around 1000 in hc and am in division 2 now after an amazing losing streak in rivals. Done easily over 500 re-rolls as well. You would hope the probability of getting more than 1 93 card would be greater but I guess not.

    I'm saying that there are more free packs given out than ever. As far as what you get in them, that depends on the pack probabilities and some good luck.
  • Tonysl79
    519 posts Member
    I’m guessing this f2p player isn’t very lucky. Oh well it could be worse, I could have dumped real money into the game and gotten nothing so it all balances out.
  • xPDogg65x
    686 posts Member
    I pulled 99 Bourque a couple weeks ago in my rivals reward, scraped together enough coins to get a mega pack the start of this week and pulled 96 Brieare. Got TOTS Makar awhile back in a reroll, he’s a 97 now. I have pulled numerous 90-92 in rewards and rerolls this year but the best was 99 TOTW Matthews in SB rewards, sold him for a million.
    I have spent some cash but whenever I have done that I haven’t pulled anything memorable this year.
  • My pack luck has been with collectables. My best player pull is the 93 TOW Svechnikov a few weeks back but I'm getting Gold and Icon collectabled almost weekly plus high value Coin cards.

    I did pull the 90 Classic Yzerman master early on that was awesome all year.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    I’m guessing this f2p player isn’t very lucky. Oh well it could be worse, I could have dumped real money into the game and gotten nothing so it all balances out.

    What you don't get in luck, you should easily be getting through the grind. If you put your rewards towards collectibles, you can build msp's.
  • Tonysl79
    519 posts Member
    edited May 23
    That’s what I’ve done all year. It would be nice to get a nice pull like all those guys tell us and show us on reddit getting 96’s and 99’s just once. Why is my probability not as good as those guys?
  • Tonysl79
    519 posts Member
    edited May 23
    And just to add to this, I’ve been playing hut for 5 years and the best card I’ve ever pulled in 5 years was a 94 eichel back in 17. So I guess my luck probability is just horrid.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    And just to add to this, I’ve been playing hut for 5 years and the best card I’ve ever pulled in 5 years was a 94 eichel back in 17. So I guess my luck probability is just horrid.

    Luck is luck. I spent 110k coins on the ultimate pack this morning and got nothing over a base 84 eichel.

    Spent 10k on the other cheaper promo pack, prime pack? and pulled a 96 sc Lundqvist. Go figure. After 3 superstar sb games, he's 1gaa and 94.37sv, so at least for offline he's been stellar.
  • zyq24
    5 posts New member
    This is getting ridiculous. Pulled untradeable 94 TOTW Klefbom in NHL Players Pack from Rivals rewards. Maybe pack luck is balanced between all EA ultimate team modes and this is a reward for 7 dreadful years of opening packs in FIFA :smile:
  • EA_Aljo
    1628 posts EA Community Manager
    zyq24 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous. Pulled untradeable 94 TOTW Klefbom in NHL Players Pack from Rivals rewards. Maybe pack luck is balanced between all EA ultimate team modes and this is a reward for 7 dreadful years of opening packs in FIFA :smile:

    As corny as it sounds, I like to blame karma. I pretty frequently message people with a gg regardless of the outcome. I started doing that a couple years ago and I've had some good luck with pulls. Terrible rerolls this year, but they were really good last year. Packs in general have been pretty great for me. I know it's just luck and pack odds, but I like to think some kindness to my fellow NHL players helps as well :)
  • Same Elite 1 prizes I got 97 ovr Pronger, 95 Salming and 90 Goodrow. There are many other free over 90 ovr in my lineup. I say that I`m lucky. In Fifa 20 I got two Icons this year and many 89-90 ovr player (for example 89 Griezmann, 89 De Gea, 90 Der Stegen.. Yesterday SB bronze 1 prize 87 Hummels :D
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!