EA Forums - Banner

Getting really bad lag in VS

32Doak
103 posts Member
edited May 2020
Hate to bring this up again but the past two days have been awful. I've been disconnected from several games in which I was winning and there's a lot of stuttering going on.

Worst of all though is that "stuck in the mud" feeling. Can't compete like this.

Replies

• Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Versus is P2P so it shouldn’t be anything on EA’s end causing this...when did you last power cycle everything (modem/router and console)?
  • 32Doak
    103 posts Member
    I've power cycled about a dozen times in the past 48 hours
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? When you power cycle, how are you doing it? Just quickly turning it all off and on again probably isn't going to help. Unplugging everything for about 2 minutes is going to clear the cache better and possibly make an impact on your connection.
  • 32Doak
    103 posts Member
    Wired connection. I know how to power cycle. I unplugged the toaster too.
  • EA_Aljo
    32Doak wrote: »
    Wired connection. I know how to power cycle. I unplugged the toaster too.

Hmmm. Is the clock flashing 12:00 on your VCR as well? Might want to try setting that.

All kidding aside, do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/.
  • NEWFIEEE
    93 posts Member
    Just played some terrible player, every 5 seconds the game pauses and starts again. The signal was uniform spikes the entire game up to 500.
    All morning, I’m in mud and player gets the puck and there is a delayed response from them to more, meanwhile the other team are doing donuts around me.

No matter how many complaints filed, videos sent or lagged nothing happens. So, doesn one person get the shaft lag or both, because this morning it was horrible.

I have played one game slow, and the signal was great, next game faster, but the third game was just ridiculously slow. No packet losses just, uniform lag spikes.

I usually power cycle everything every couple days, rebuilt the ps, modem and router done, but it doesn’t change .

Either there are many cheaters out there or it’s EA and they care less.

• EA_Aljo
    NEWFIEEE wrote: »
    Just played some terrible player, every 5 seconds the game pauses and starts again. The signal was uniform spikes the entire game up to 500.
    All morning, I’m in mud and player gets the puck and there is a delayed response from them to more, meanwhile the other team are doing donuts around me.

No matter how many complaints filed, videos sent or lagged nothing happens. So, doesn one person get the shaft lag or both, because this morning it was horrible.

I have played one game slow, and the signal was great, next game faster, but the third game was just ridiculously slow. No packet losses just, uniform lag spikes.

I usually power cycle everything every couple days, rebuilt the ps, modem and router done, but it doesn’t change .

Either there are many cheaters out there or it’s EA and they care less.

We can go through some troubleshooting and see if there are any issues. Do you play through a wired or wireless connection? Also, what system are you on?