EA Forums - Banner

Was told to post here by customer Support not sure why lol

So back in February I accidentally deleted my HUT ( don't ask lol) and i stopped playing for a while. In early April I contacted EA support to ask if it was possible to recover a deleted HUT team. The polite answer was NO but the agent did say they were working on fix for recovering deleted content and i should check back. In the mean time i worked hard to rebuild a team from scratch and be competitive.

So today I checked back with EA support again. After getting the good old run around I was told this was a DEV issue not a customer support issue and that i should report it in the this forum so that the DEVs could see it. Coming from a customer service background this is very contradicting lol

Anyway my main issue is small but still impactful to me. In my deleted Team i had 95 all star Lemieux that i unlocked using the icons trade in and gold collectibles to upgrade to 95. Now that i rebuilt a new team even if Lemieux is gone i cant complete the 91 icon trade in set since i already did it ( kinda silly since its un-tradeable)

While i would love to recover my full deleted team ( many lost 95 ovr) i just want a chance to get Lemieux even if i have to grind him again. Again i don't know what posting here will do but just following EA supports directives.
@EA_Aljo i know we had somewhat touched on this in my last post sorry for posting about this again lol

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    So back in February I accidentally deleted my HUT ( don't ask lol) and i stopped playing for a while. In early April I contacted EA support to ask if it was possible to recover a deleted HUT team. The polite answer was NO but the agent did say they were working on fix for recovering deleted content and i should check back. In the mean time i worked hard to rebuild a team from scratch and be competitive.

So today I checked back with EA support again. After getting the good old run around I was told this was a DEV issue not a customer support issue and that i should report it in the this forum so that the DEVs could see it. Coming from a customer service background this is very contradicting lol

Anyway my main issue is small but still impactful to me. In my deleted Team i had 95 all star Lemieux that i unlocked using the icons trade in and gold collectibles to upgrade to 95. Now that i rebuilt a new team even if Lemieux is gone i cant complete the 91 icon trade in set since i already did it ( kinda silly since its un-tradeable)

While i would love to recover my full deleted team ( many lost 95 ovr) i just want a chance to get Lemieux even if i have to grind him again. Again i don't know what posting here will do but just following EA supports directives.
    @EA_Aljo i know we had somewhat touched on this in my last post sorry for posting about this again lol

Hi there. Unfortunately, we're not able to restore deleted teams in HUT currently. We also can't reset previously completed sets. I'm really sorry :(
  • I already know that lol i just don't see the point see the point of giving customers the run around (Ea support) or false hope if there is none. I mean it would of been simple to say: We are sorry we STILL haven't figured how to recover deleted content but we are looking to implement it in NHL 21 to avoid future situations like this. We do understand the inconvenience this as caused and to show our appreciation here's a code for $5 off your NHL 21 preorder or we have sent a free pack ( no cost to EA) to your account hope it brings you good fortune!

easy peasy everyone is happy . I am not asking for anything but i feel that's just crappy customer service. Instead i got bounced back and forth to the same end over a 2 month period. So now when someone mentions EA i'll be like don't get me started about EA !!! Or i could of said you know what EA have super nice with me and i cant complain.

Basic Customer service there. Anyways again sorry about this little rant as mentioned before you guys on these forums do a really awesome job and are always on top of things here. but it's little things like this that help fuel the bad rep that EA gets when it comes to customer service ( not always but often)
  • EA_Aljo
    3213 posts EA Community Manager
    I already know that lol i just don't see the point see the point of giving customers the run around (Ea support) or false hope if there is none. I mean it would of been simple to say: We are sorry we STILL haven't figured how to recover deleted content but we are looking to implement it in NHL 21 to avoid future situations like this. We do understand the inconvenience this as caused and to show our appreciation here's a code for $5 off your NHL 21 preorder or we have sent a free pack ( no cost to EA) to your account hope it brings you good fortune!

easy peasy everyone is happy . I am not asking for anything but i feel that's just crappy customer service. Instead i got bounced back and forth to the same end over a 2 month period. So now when someone mentions EA i'll be like don't get me started about EA !!! Or i could of said you know what EA have super nice with me and i cant complain.

Basic Customer service there. Anyways again sorry about this little rant as mentioned before you guys on these forums do a really awesome job and are always on top of things here. but it's little things like this that help fuel the bad rep that EA gets when it comes to customer service ( not always but often)

Apologies for the frustration. I know I'd feel the same if I had that happen to me. I'm very sorry for the experience. When it comes to something they can handle, they're quite good at it, but they'll send you to the forums to provide feedback and to see if there are any community suggestions when it's not something they can support.