EA Forums - Banner

Editing Lines in Online VS

I just started playing online versus this past week and noticed that you cannot edit lines during the intermissions. You can edit lines during the a user pause. Why can't lines be edited during the intermissions? Why do I need to use my 1 pause?

Replies

• ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Need simple things like saving strategies before searching a game. They left this feature out for some years now which I find sad.
  • 32Doak
    103 posts Member
    It's a major inconvenience to have to edit lines/strategies every time you leave the team selection screen, especially with how bad the servers are. Not including an option to save these settings was poor judgment.
  • Any comment from a Dev?
  • xPDogg65x
    827 posts Member
    This is the biggest reason I do not play online VS
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    xPDogg65x wrote: »

After you play the first game, it does keep the strategies unless you exit the team selection screen. Not sure if it's the same with lines.
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    xPDogg65x wrote: »

After you play the first game, it does keep the strategies unless you exit the team selection screen. Not sure if it's the same with lines.
    Definitely not the same with lines.
  • Any input by a Dev?
  • j0rtsu67
    630 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I have played about 50 vs games and I always make changes to my lines before 1st game. They keep changed until I exit the team selection screen.

Is there a difference between systems, I'm on Xbox?

Hmmm... I noticed you change your lines during the game? Maybe those don't carry to next game?

Sorry I'm just too tired... :s
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    I have played about 50 vs games and I always make changes to my lines before 1st game. They keep changed until I exit the team selection screen.

Is there a difference between systems, I'm on Xbox?

Hmmm... I noticed you change your lines during the game? Maybe those don't carry to next game?

Sorry I'm just too tired... :s

I've only been able to edit lines, while in a game, if either my opponent or press "pause" during a dead puck. It doesn't make sense to me that during the intermissions, when adjustments are usually made, that I can't edit lines.

Devs?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4638 posts EA Community Manager
    @ChemWarfare94

Raised this up to the team. We'll try to find out more info for you as soon as possible.
  • @ChemWarfare94

Raised this up to the team. We'll try to find out more info for you as soon as possible.

Will you post that information here?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @ChemWarfare94

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472c16dffe410167e8f71ed0667165a18fa3912e15&rid=giphy.gif
  • @ChemWarfare94

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472c16dffe410167e8f71ed0667165a18fa3912e15&rid=giphy.gif

Any update?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @ChemWarfare94

Not a super clear answer so my apologies on this, but it looks like it could be due to a technical limitation to prevent users getting disconnected. Relayed this up the chain though so hopefully it can be improved upon in the future.
  • Thanks for the update
  • RSall14
    607 posts Member
    Dev mentioned a couple years ago they couldn't get it to work without causing deysnc issues.