99 Overall Team in HUT

Prev1
MFin04
94 posts Member
So to have a 99 overall team

You have to have:
99 Offense
99 Defenss
99 Goalies (which consists of two 99 overall goalies)

I don't understand the two 99 goalies part. You offense and defense can be 99 overall without having one single 99 overall player. But for your Goalie ranking to be 99 you have to have two 99 goalies? That seems like it needs to be fixed.

Replies

• I think it is because the game doesn’t calculated the players overall together, but each individual stats and since they don’t have only 99 (some lower stats), they don’t get 99 at the end. Same thing happens on the offence and defence, they calculated each attributes individually. The defensive awareness of the offensive players counts for the defensive overall, vice versa.

I also have two 99 overall goalies (Price and Giguère) and they only have 98 total. Probably because of the attributes that are not 99.
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    These clearly need to be fixed. A 99 and 98 goalie should get you a 99 overall Goalie Ranking. And obviously a 99 goalie and a 99 goalie should get you a 99 overall Goalie Ranking.

That literally makes it impossible to have a 99 overall team then?

Fix your goalie rankings EA. Thanks.
  • xPDogg65x
    827 posts Member
    And what is the big deal in having a 99 ovr team?
  • I'd also add the backup goalie should count much less than the starter when calculating the goalie rating and overall. As far as I can tell, both goalies count equally currently, which makes no sense.
  • EA_Aljo
    3013 posts EA Community Manager
    As @boumbidiboum has said, the overall rating is based on the individual attributes. That's why 2 goalies rated 99 might only add up to 98.
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    As @boumbidiboum has said, the overall rating is based on the individual attributes. That's why 2 goalies rated 99 might only add up to 98.

That needs to be fixed as soon as possible. That means you can't ever get to a 99 Overall Goalie ranking even with 2 99 goalies or a 99 and 98 goalie? That seems incorrect and broken, right?!

And if you look at the goalie individual attributes...they are pretty much all 99s

snxgv855gica.png

ocv99y2x2dk3.png

• MFin04 wrote: »

That needs to be fixed as soon as possible. That means you can't ever get to a 99 Overall Goalie ranking even with 2 99 goalies or a 99 and 98 goalie? That seems incorrect and broken, right?!

And if you look at the goalie individual attributes...they are pretty much all 99s

snxgv855gica.png

ocv99y2x2dk3.png

It doesn’t affect the gameplay in anyway, so why would it matter?

Yes, most of the attributes are 99, but if you do the average of all of them, you will get a 97-98 rating depending on if you include aggression and/or poise. The player overall ratings are not calculated the same way, I’m not 100% sure how it works, but my guess is that it is one of these two scenarios:

- It is an average of the attributes, but some are worth more or less depending on how they affect the gameplay.
    - The other scenario would be that they rate all players and give them a base card. Then they add +1 to every attributes for every +1 in overall rating. In that case, players with lower overall cards that get a 99 card will have more 99 attributes than a player with higher base attributes.

Anyway, you shouldn’t mind the ratings much, it is just a general assessment of the team. The important things are the individual attributes of the players to build a team that fits your play style.
  • EA_Aljo
    3013 posts EA Community Manager
    MFin04 wrote: »

Lower aggression is currently the meta as this keeps your goalie in the crease more. Most likely, low aggression is what is causing the OVR to stay at 98.
  • JSG was only as good as his oversized pads anyway ;-)
  • MFin04
    94 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    But how hard would this be to fix? I mean I think it would be fair to just average your starting goalie's overall with your backup goalie's overall, and probably weight it a little higher for your starter.

At the end of the day, a 98 and 99 goalie should get you a 99 Overall Goalie ranking. And definitely two 99 goalies should for sure get your a 99 Overall Goalie ranking.

I also find it interesting that you can have a 99 offense, 99 defense, and a 98 goalie and your team overall is only 98.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »

This can't be asked enough.

• MFin04
    94 posts Member
    xPDogg65x wrote: »

This can't be asked enough.

I mean the game mode is called Hockey Ultimate Team. Where you try to build...the Ultimate, Hockey, Team.

And the best team you should be able to make is a 99/99/99 team that is a 99 Overall team.

Currently you can't do that. I understand that it really isn't that big of a deal. But it should be an easy fix, and they should clearly make it.

No reason you can't have a 99 Overall team. No reason at all. Especially when you can have a 99 Offense and 99 Defense. Clearly it was just overlooked and they made a mistake. It's cool, just update it.
  • There is still a few months left in the HUT season. I'm sure you'll be able to get there soon.
  • There is still a few months left in the HUT season. I'm sure you'll be able to get there soon.

Very likely until December with the new consoles being released is my guess. Nhl on next gen is already confirmed, so I could see them releasing for all consoles at the same time. Plus the whole nhl season being delayed due to covid.

Very likely until December with the new consoles being released is my guess. Nhl on next gen is already confirmed, so I could see them releasing for all consoles at the same time. Plus the whole nhl season being delayed due to covid.

I think it would be best for EA to skip 21 and focus on a 22 release. The next NHL season will be shortened too and look more like the lockout season a few years back.

Plus they're coming to the end of the CBA and a lockout was expected anyway. That is why the Seattle team wasn't coming in this next season.

If they pull off this summer 'playoffs' with no problems I wouldn't expect a new NHL season until the fall of 2021. If they can't finish it then they'll need to get on TV as soon as possible and I think they'll play 40-some games starting around Christmas time.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Love playing base gold teams in hut and watching them skate around keeping up and passing 99 overall players all game long thanks dda.

I love playing base teams as well, skating circles around them and padding my stats, usually an easy win or a DNF win and a message accusing me of buying my team.

I get a kick reading these forums, half the people claiming ice tilt is making Them lose, the other half complaining that the game is pay to win.
  • BodyBags0000
    288 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Love playing base gold teams in hut and watching them skate around keeping up and passing 99 overall players all game long thanks dda.

I love playing base teams as well, skating circles around them and padding my stats, usually an easy win or a DNF win and a message accusing me of buying my team.

I get a kick reading these forums, half the people claiming ice tilt is making Them lose, the other half complaining that the game is pay to win.

The game really is pay2win though. There’s no way around that. You can get a good team by grinding of course but it’s really frustrating if you started late like I did. If you can completely go around that grind by throwing money at the game it’s pay2win in my book.

Not to mention the upgrade from the 90ovr team (with zero 99s) I started playing comp seasons with to a 97ovr team that I have currently has been an automatic 500 place boost in standings. I struggled to get even 12 wins when I started and now 16 wins is pretty easy.

The people who claim that base cards have some hidden boosts or something ridiculous like that either have connection issues or just salty for losing to teams they really shouldn’t.
  • smyth9779
    224 posts Member
    So why is it that when I play a team better than mine I have no issues? I either win or lose a close game. As soon as I get. Team with garbage players, they are unstoppable.? I have zero connection issues btw.
  • smyth9779 wrote: »
    So why is it that when I play a team better than mine I have no issues? I either win or lose a close game. As soon as I get. Team with garbage players, they are unstoppable.? I have zero connection issues btw.

Confirmation bias. And the zero connection issues is an assumption on your part. There's more to the connection than just you and EA's servers.