EA Forums - Banner

The Most Real Sports Game Ever! I created after 70 hours of work! Every contact is counting now!

Replies

• Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I see all types of fouls during almost every match except crosschecking and highsticking. has anyone seen you ???
    Post edited by Oslik1000 on
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    --->Penalties
    CPU Penalties: 90
    CPU Teammate Penalties: 100
    Tripping: CPU: 10 / Human: 10
    Slashing: CPU: 8 / Human: 8
    Elbowing: CPU: 50 / Human: 50
    High Sticking: CPU: 50 / Human: 50
    Cross Checking: CPU: 50 / Human: 50
    Boarding: CPU: 100 / Human: 100
    Charging: CPU: 100 / Human: 100
    Delay of Game: CPU: 31 / Human: 31
    Holding: CPU: 51 / Human: 51
    Hooking: CPU: 10 / Human: 10
    Interference: CPU: 100 / Human: 100

I see all types of fouls during almost every match except crosschecking and highsticking. has anyone seen you ???

High sticking is very rare, but it exists.

Elbowing and cross checking is not in the game as far as I know. Which makes the sliders really stupid and also makes you question what else is broken.

For example we have been told by devs it's best to leave game speed and attribute sliders alone (without giving clear explanations as to why), so why are they even included?

The truth is, the more you mess with the sliders - the more you realise how unsalvagable the gameplay really is.
    Post edited by bryta47 on
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    --->Penalties

Elbowing and cross checking is not in the game as far as I know. Which makes the sliders really stupid and also makes you question what else is broken.

For example we have been told by devs it's best to leave speed and attribute sliders alone (without giving clear explanations as to why), so why are they even included?

The truth is, the more you mess with the sliders - the more you realise how unsalvagable the gameplay really is.

Do you mean player speed or game speed sliders? Not sure why you would want to leave the player speed attribute slider at default (which is 50 I think) to me is like they are skating in mud not on ice. I find this worrying if the devs said this shouldn't be changed.

To me however much you change the sliders you cannot improve the AI which is the main problem with this game. For example, the power play (I have just posted about what is wrong with this so will not mention it again here) which is not fit for purpose. No matter what sliders you change it will not improve this as it is the player movement that is the main issue. Till the devs spend sometime improving the AI you will never have a game resembling real hockey just by changing a few game sliders as these are more for fine tuning the game to your own individual needs.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    maxikando wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    --->Penalties

For example we have been told by devs it's best to leave speed and attribute sliders alone (without giving clear explanations as to why), so why are they even included?

Do you mean player speed or game speed sliders? Not sure why you would want to leave the player speed attribute slider at default (which is 50 I think) to me is like they are skating in mud not on ice. I find this worrying if the devs said this shouldn't be changed.

To me however much you change the sliders you cannot improve the AI which is the main problem with this game. For example, the power play (I have just posted about what is wrong with this so will not mention it again here) which is not fit for purpose. No matter what sliders you change it will not improve this as it is the player movement that is the main issue. Till the devs spend sometime improving the AI you will never have a game resembling real hockey just by changing a few game sliders as these are more for fine tuning the game to your own individual needs.

Yeah, I'm talking about the game speed slider. For the rest of your post - I agree.
  • From my memory it’s becsuse animations of everything would be sped up. Not just skater speed
  • According to the developer it looks unnatural if you’re gojng for sim
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    Quick question. Are you ever going to post the whole set, or 1 column every 2 or 3 days? I know ur probably busy, but, u started this post 6 days ago. If you weren't ready then you should've just posted the set when you have the time. Thx anyway.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020

->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • I’ve made some pretty drastic changes to my sliders and I’ve found upping puck carrier skating and back skating closer to 100 has made the game a lot more enjoyable. I will put my updated set in a different post, but I’ve been seeing some great differentiation and having momentum really mattering.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I’ve made some pretty drastic changes to my sliders and I’ve found upping puck carrier skating and back skating closer to 100 has made the game a lot more enjoyable. I will put my updated set in a different post, but I’ve been seeing some great differentiation and having momentum really mattering.

Yes, I agree.

Most slider guys also down puck carrier agility - and that I don't agree with. Game is more fun with overall more agility and boosted defensive tools. At least in true broadcast.

But, then again, you can enjoy a new slider set for awhile - but it quickly wears off when the reality that is EA NHL comes knocking.
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    I’ve made some pretty drastic changes to my sliders and I’ve found upping puck carrier skating and back skating closer to 100 has made the game a lot more enjoyable. I will put my updated set in a different post, but I’ve been seeing some great differentiation and having momentum really mattering.

Yes, I agree.

Most slider guys also down puck carrier agility - and that I don't agree with. Game is more fun with overall more agility and boosted defensive tools. At least in true broadcast.

But, then again, you can enjoy a new slider set for awhile - but it quickly wears off when the reality that is EA NHL comes knocking.

I actually drop my puck carrier agility to 0 as well, mainly because I believe that your Dekes are your “agility” and that having your on-puck base agility being much lower balances your ability to jump laterally unlike every other player on the ice. When I get home, I’ll grab the values, but I believe I’m rocking this for skating:

Game speed: 3
    AE: 10/10
    Fatigue effect: 70
    Fatigue recovery: 65

Puck carrier skating: 90
    Puck carrier agility: 0
    Back skating: 75

Acceleration:
    Human: 17
    CPU: 10

Speed:
    50/50

Agility:
    Honestly don’t have a guess. I’ll get it later lol.

What it’s fine though is it’s made you be able to drive-wide and get some leverage without completely turnstyling the defenders. It’s also made keeping you momentum matter more, so great forwards with speed are super fun to have the puck with, but they also can’t magically escape scenarios where they’re dead still and they’re being pressured.

I could try lowering acceleration a bit more and adding more puck carrier agility to see how that goes. My main gripe isn’t the “agility” per day, but how quickly you can “seamless puck pickup” facing the boards and pretty much burn any defender who pressures you because you turn and accelerate so fast. Puck carrier agility plus low acceleration has deterred that play, making me take more realistic shots through screens and from the point simply to prevent turnovers.
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    I've finally broken the code myself boys. Finally ,finally gotten to a happy place with this game. I freakn deleted it!
    Can't just plug it and play right? No, play with the sliders, play with the sliders.........cant do it no more.
    Bottom line is,imo....
    Bad AI.
    Bad goaltending.
    Equals, bad game.
    No matter what sliders you use, its a preference from the person who made them. For some, might b good. For others, meh.
    Myself, i cant get past 3 games in season or gm mode because its basically the same freakn game, after game, after game, etc.....
    Hope they're putting all their resources into the next gen, but, my gut tells me it'll be the same ole, same ole.
    Thx to all for posting ur sliders. Appreciate the time and effort, but all that time and effort should tell you something about this so called hockey sim. Sorry, hockey arcade.
    Cheers to all who want a hockey game to actually play like a hockey game.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member

Yes, I agree.

I actually drop my puck carrier agility to 0 as well, mainly because I believe that your Dekes are your “agility” and that having your on-puck base agility being much lower balances your ability to jump laterally unlike every other player on the ice. When I get home, I’ll grab the values, but I believe I’m rocking this for skating:

Game speed: 3
    AE: 10/10
    Fatigue effect: 70
    Fatigue recovery: 65

Puck carrier skating: 90
    Puck carrier agility: 0
    Back skating: 75

Acceleration:
    Human: 17
    CPU: 10

Speed:
    50/50

Agility:
    Honestly don’t have a guess. I’ll get it later lol.

What it’s fine though is it’s made you be able to drive-wide and get some leverage without completely turnstyling the defenders. It’s also made keeping you momentum matter more, so great forwards with speed are super fun to have the puck with, but they also can’t magically escape scenarios where they’re dead still and they’re being pressured.

I could try lowering acceleration a bit more and adding more puck carrier agility to see how that goes. My main gripe isn’t the “agility” per day, but how quickly you can “seamless puck pickup” facing the boards and pretty much burn any defender who pressures you because you turn and accelerate so fast. Puck carrier agility plus low acceleration has deterred that play, making me take more realistic shots through screens and from the point simply to prevent turnovers.

Yeah, I slow down acc and overall skating some and crank up agility. With low puck control, balanced hitting and - ofc - poke check accuracy/power almost maxed out and like 10/100 penalty chance, it plays out pretty good. I wanna spam that defensive stick all day long. But as I said, this is for true broadcast. Very different from overhead. But you know that.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Sounds hard to get it going perfectly offline, to everyone's idea of hockey, might be a good exampel how hard it might be to get going online.

But im honestly sorry for you nyi95, I did really hope you were about to get yourself a hockey game.

We take it to the next gen.. ;)
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    Don't feel sorry for me Sega. Im just tired and worn out. I'd like to turn on the game and just play it, that's it.
    Hopefully they are listening and taking ideas for next gen. There are a lot if u here on these posts, bf1, hoodhoppers, venom, yourself, just to name a few, who have great ideas and a great vision for this game. They should be listening to the likes of people I just mentioned instead of the so called game changers( whoever they are,lol).
    I'm holding out hope that they are working on the next gens game.
    Here's to hoping they knock our socks off....
    We'll see.......
    As for this gens game, I'm just done.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    maxikando wrote: »
    --->Penalties

Yeah, I'm talking about the game speed slider. For the rest of your post - I agree.

I can't completely agree. if the game is set up correctly it is completely different. even cpu players react differently because they are not so able to take advantage and end immediately. Even artificial intelligence is forced to "think" about how to goal, because the reaction of all players and logically and the co-player is more realistic and creates more realistic situations. Yes, I can't change the AI ​​but I can make the situations look more similar to real hockey situations. that is the goal.

speed 5 pass 26 to 51 are keys

I'm not saying you can't change the sliders to improve the gameplay from the default settings that the game ships with which is a pretty poor representation of hockey. I have already been doing this every year since they were introduced. I think EA has given up trying to please everyone so everything is set at around the midpoint then the sliders are there for individual tastes. Just look at this thread you have the following settings:

Skating Speed: CPU: 25 / Human: 25

This to me is almost like your players are walking not skating. This for my own personal taste (and for realism) should be up closer to 90.

My point is that you shouldn't have to change every slider to get something that better resembles hockey. Unfortunately improving the things with the AI that are currently broken or don't work as they should is the only way this game is ever going to resemble the real thing. There are no sliders to stop players getting in your way, being in the wrong place for the one-timer etc etc.