EA Forums - Banner

The Most Real Sports Game Ever! I created after 70 hours of work! Every contact is counting now!

Replies

• Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
    Post edited by Oslik1000 on
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    maxikando wrote: »
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    maxikando wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    --->Penalties
    CPU Penalties: 90
    CPU Teammate Penalties: 100
    Tripping: CPU: 10 / Human: 10
    Slashing: CPU: 8 / Human: 8
    Elbowing: CPU: 50 / Human: 50
    High Sticking: CPU: 50 / Human: 50
    Cross Checking: CPU: 50 / Human: 50
    Boarding: CPU: 100 / Human: 100
    Charging: CPU: 100 / Human: 100
    Delay of Game: CPU: 31 / Human: 31
    Holding: CPU: 51 / Human: 51
    Hooking: CPU: 10 / Human: 10
    Interference: CPU: 100 / Human: 100

I see all types of fouls during almost every match except crosschecking and highsticking. has anyone seen you ???

High sticking is very rare, but it exists.

Elbowing and cross checking is not in the game as far as I know. Which makes the sliders really stupid and also makes you question what else is broken.

For example we have been told by devs it's best to leave speed and attribute sliders alone (without giving clear explanations as to why), so why are they even included?

The truth is, the more you mess with the sliders - the more you realise how unsalvagable the gameplay really is.

Do you mean player speed or game speed sliders? Not sure why you would want to leave the player speed attribute slider at default (which is 50 I think) to me is like they are skating in mud not on ice. I find this worrying if the devs said this shouldn't be changed.

To me however much you change the sliders you cannot improve the AI which is the main problem with this game. For example, the power play (I have just posted about what is wrong with this so will not mention it again here) which is not fit for purpose. No matter what sliders you change it will not improve this as it is the player movement that is the main issue. Till the devs spend sometime improving the AI you will never have a game resembling real hockey just by changing a few game sliders as these are more for fine tuning the game to your own individual needs.

Yeah, I'm talking about the game speed slider. For the rest of your post - I agree.

I can't completely agree. if the game is set up correctly it is completely different. even cpu players react differently because they are not so able to take advantage and end immediately. Even artificial intelligence is forced to "think" about how to goal, because the reaction of all players and logically and the co-player is more realistic and creates more realistic situations. Yes, I can't change the AI ​​but I can make the situations look more similar to real hockey situations. that is the goal.

speed 5 pass 26 to 51 are keys

I'm not saying you can't change the sliders to improve the gameplay from the default settings that the game ships with which is a pretty poor representation of hockey. I have already been doing this every year since they were introduced. I think EA has given up trying to please everyone so everything is set at around the midpoint then the sliders are there for individual tastes. Just look at this thread you have the following settings:

Skating Speed: CPU: 25 / Human: 25

This to me is almost like your players are walking not skating. This for my own personal taste (and for realism) should be up closer to 90.

My point is that you shouldn't have to change every slider to get something that better resembles hockey. Unfortunately improving the things with the AI that are currently broken or don't work as they should is the only way this game is ever going to resemble the real thing. There are no sliders to stop players getting in your way, being in the wrong place for the one-timer etc etc.

this skating speed slider you must combine with speed of game 5 . pass 26 to 51.
    no this is not walking speed this is real hockey experience 20 years I was professional hockey player.
    hockey players really don't fly on the ice and don't have an engine. each hockey player gets tired in 30 seconds on a maximum of 1 substitution. therefore, it is definitely not possible for the player speed to be higher than seen for this setting.

but if you write that it is too slow, you have not tried it yet. I repeat that all settings must be set otherwise the game will never work properly. Definitely not enough to set a few things and then set some to your liking. so it doesn't work sorrY

I have not tried it yet. Wasn't sure if you have put everything on yet. I will probably give it a go. Some hope is better than no hope :)

I take your point about game speed. However, I prefer mine low as I think it allows you to see play develop better, so my players do not fly they are just fast when at top speed which is how they should be. I also have fatigue set very high so they also get tired quickly (no engine in my version I'm afraid). Maybe even though our settings are opposite it works out around the same but unfortunately this may not improve on what I already have so takes me back to my original point that the AI needs improvement for the game to more like the real thing. Maybe we will have to agree to disagree on this.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Don't feel sorry for me Sega. Im just tired and worn out. I'd like to turn on the game and just play it, that's it.
    Hopefully they are listening and taking ideas for next gen. There are a lot if u here on these posts, bf1, hoodhoppers, venom, yourself, just to name a few, who have great ideas and a great vision for this game. They should be listening to the likes of people I just mentioned instead of the so called game changers( whoever they are,lol).
    I'm holding out hope that they are working on the next gens game.
    Here's to hoping they knock our socks off....
    We'll see.......
    As for this gens game, I'm just done.

I like what comes from you, I will do feel sorry for you, becuse I know what it means for a true hockey fan to go out on this imagination hockey world and not really be able to put life to the fantasi. Its hard. But if my gut feeling is right, we get there soon! ;)
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
  • Before the final completion, I have a question: is there any difference between tuner 1.00 and the last tuner? About 1.01 that it should be, so I assume that there are a total of 2? And is there a fundamental difference between them? Thanks
  • After using all of your settings I can say that after watching Tampa and Chicago play against each other last year that this tuner set feels and looks most like real sim hockey than any other tuner set I’ve played with

Thank you.

Game speed is perfect and you can really tell the differences between good players and 4th liners.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Gillings wrote: »
    After using all of your settings I can say that after watching Tampa and Chicago play against each other last year that this tuner set feels and looks most like real sim hockey than any other tuner set I’ve played with

Thank you.

Game speed is perfect and you can really tell the differences between good players and 4th liners.

Nice! Sounds like the game speed is quite importen.. :blush:

Impressive oslik, you broke the code.. ;)
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    After using all of your settings I can say that after watching Tampa and Chicago play against each other last year that this tuner set feels and looks most like real sim hockey than any other tuner set I’ve played with

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I'm definitely not doing this just for myself, but I'm never going to play the game as EA sets it up.
    This year it's a bit better to see that EA is moving somewhere, although in the end I can't set it myself. Since nhl19, progress has been known mainly in the fact that most sliders work now.
    I always secretly hope that in this way EA will set the next year and this is exactly the middle, so more precisely 50 if we have a scale of 100. Unfortunately, when I then start the purchased game, I find out with horror how EA itself undermines the branch by setting everything wrong, even though the game allows a completely different and much more realistic setting than most people who buy the game.

conspiracy: if it's targeted, I don't think who will benefit in the end?
    I don't believe in conspiracies so I believe EA doesn't have time to set it. But why not ask the community for help ???

Intresting question, no doubt. I have no better answer that they phurhaps try to stay in the middel of everyone's game style. (and that you are free to try out yourself if the 'normal' don’t fit you)
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I'm definitely not doing this just for myself, but I'm never going to play the game as EA sets it up.
    This year it's a bit better to see that EA is moving somewhere, although in the end I can't set it myself. Since nhl19, progress has been known mainly in the fact that most sliders work now.
    I always secretly hope that in this way EA will set the next year and this is exactly the middle, so more precisely 50 if we have a scale of 100. Unfortunately, when I then start the purchased game, I find out with horror how EA itself undermines the branch by setting everything wrong, even though the game allows a completely different and much more realistic setting than most people who buy the game.

conspiracy: if it's targeted, I don't think who will benefit in the end?
    I don't believe in conspiracies so I believe EA doesn't have time to set it. But why not ask the community for help ???

Intresting question, no doubt. I have no better answer that they phurhaps try to stay in the middel of everyone's game style. (and that you are free to try out yourself if the 'normal' don’t fit you)

thx! I studied marketing and unfortunately EA sells the game according to a sales formula and not for hockey experts. I buy a console for anyone who knows the concept of hockey, but it is not just one of many sports for them, and such a "player" is an easier offer that will satisfy his needs. This type of player mainly wants to shoot goals and play the computer. Such a player does not think about whether it is possible to do something like that in real hockey, because he also mainly follows the result of his favorite team. This game was never intended for experts, but always especially for "players". But even the "player" has different priorities and wants to speed up or slow down the game, so the default value is 3 and the minimum is 0 and the maximum is 6. It is logical and actually quite understandable. So in case we are talking about marketing and we are not talking about a hockey simulation which will remain hidden for most buyers forever.

Yeah I think you are pretty much on point with what you sayin, unfortunately I understand the business runs that way. Im afraid we wouldnt have a hockey game if that's not the case.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • Research project: find hockey...

you guys that play around with this sliders feels almost like a research group in white lab coat - add some of this and remove some of that, How does it affect the chemical formula?

Sounds almost a little exciting.. :)
  • I’ve played 2 games with these sliders. Plays pretty good. What are you Checking sliders set to?
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Are you going to put all your slider settings in one post?