EA Forums - Banner

The Most Real Sports Game Ever! I created after 70 hours of work! Every contact is counting now!

Replies

• Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-

Post edited by Oslik1000 on
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow, solid work, you must have put down alot of time!

Would be cool if you could put up a video from a game, see how it looks like. But I understand if you dont want to, good job anyway!

Nyi95~ you should try this, I hope it works out!
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    Almost like I'm tempted to give it a shot, would be my first offline experience. But if it is that good you describe it, I might forget that its a computer on the other side, after all, its hockey I love.

It has been fun to follow your way towards true happiness on ice!
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    You will definitely not forget that your playing a computer. I tried this set for 5 games. Every game the computer just dominated. Felt like i was a spectator watching the game in my own zone most of the time. Game moves way too fast for my liking. Time of attack was heavily in favor of the cpu. So were shots and just about everything else.
    Thx for sharing Oslik, maybe your just better at this game than i am. My old tired brain cannot keep up with the cpu robots who do everything better than a human can.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    I'll give it a try later on. Dont get me wrong, u have a lot of good things going on. Just seemed very fast for me. Thx again for all your work on it.
  • johnny2fingaz
    322 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @Oslik1000 the game speed affects things like animation speeds. So all movements, not just skating. If you’re going for sim , the dev suggested keeping game speed st 3
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    @Oslik1000 the game speed affects things like animation speeds. So all movements, not just skating. If you’re going for sim , the dev suggested keeping game speed st 3

no. game speed 3 is not real absolutely not. it so slowly. you can try this if you wish. dev are doing wrong job with sliders.

-->by the way, you are logically correct, but I changed the game settings and therefore the game now calculates the parameters differently than in the settings from "dev". For example, try to set the error rate of the player to the maximum and see how unstable the game is and visibly slow down a lot ... why? because they have to calculate the situation differently. Therefore, game speed 3 only applies to EA settings but no longer applies to other settings. It's unfortunately already an old engine<---

The correct speed is 5 but unfortunately the game is very unstable and accelerates at will. That's why I prefer to choose the speed of game 4, but in some moments I feel that the game is too slow ...

If you watch game speed 3 from the broadcast cam, the animations look pretty realistic imo. To each their own though.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    Played 2 games with new adjustments at speed 4. Lost the 1st one 5-1, won 2nd in O T. 2-1. Speed did the trick. I am now able to compete against cpu. Also seeing some animations ive never seen before in goalie saves and players shots. Puck bounces realistically and seems to hit objects more. More lively for sure. Can i be enjoying this somewhat? Great job Oslik. You may have saved this game for me. Like all slider posters, you did what you can with what EA has given you to work with. Thx again O.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
  • d3v1t0
    73 posts Member
    It was good until the DDA kicked in
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    If you watch game speed 3 from the broadcast cam, the animations look pretty realistic imo. To each their own though.

And did you try my settings? I don't think you tried. When you set my settings to game speed 3, the game is too slow and lacks all the explosiveness and dynamics, even though it's still hockey, so it's definitely not a NHL presentation.
    If you are satisfied with the settings from EA, then it's actually great and you are exactly the target group for which EA made the game. Fortunately, the others left us at least a few scrolls to play ...

LOL buddy, don’t get so defensive over your sliders. I’m sure they’re great, I was just saying that the game speed slider seems to affect animation speeds more than anything, and if you’re testing slider sets, you should be playing a few minutes on “broadcast” or “true broadcast”, even if that’s not what you’ll ultimately play on, to make sure those animations look realistic. Game speed 3 animations look realistic when viewing from true broadcast in all of the testing I’ve done.

I’m glad you’ve “broke the code” though man. Awesome work. Nobody has ever thought to adjust sliders to their liking before. You’re a true visionary.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    Oslik1000 wrote: »

And did you try my settings? I don't think you tried. When you set my settings to game speed 3, the game is too slow and lacks all the explosiveness and dynamics, even though it's still hockey, so it's definitely not a NHL presentation.
    If you are satisfied with the settings from EA, then it's actually great and you are exactly the target group for which EA made the game. Fortunately, the others left us at least a few scrolls to play ...

LOL buddy, don’t get so defensive over your sliders. I’m sure they’re great, I was just saying that the game speed slider seems to affect animation speeds more than anything, and if you’re testing slider sets, you should be playing a few minutes on “broadcast” or “true broadcast”, even if that’s not what you’ll ultimately play on, to make sure those animations look realistic. Game speed 3 animations look realistic when viewing from true broadcast in all of the testing I’ve done.

I’m glad you’ve “broke the code” though man. Awesome work. Nobody has ever thought to adjust sliders to their liking before. You’re a true visionary.

you didn't misunderstand me. I know that you are also setting up the game and looking for better settings than from EA. I'm generally talking about people who don't solve this and are ultimately happier than those who set up the game because it doesn't suit us.