EA Forums - Banner

The Most Real Sports Game Ever! I created after 70 hours of work! Every contact is counting now!

Replies

• Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    But just the facts that you could, with the right sliders, get a pretty good hockey experience-offline, should mean that this game has potential to be decent game even online..

.. And that leaves me with 3 questions, as I can think of, to the online part of the game.

1. The sliders might be abit off?

2. Is it a user error that make the game abit messy for us that want to play as realistic as it may be?

3. Does the connection to servers play that big of a part on how things takes place on ice?

Or maybe its a combination of all three.. With more..?

• HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    But just the facts that you could, with the right sliders, get a pretty good hockey experience-offline, should mean that this game has potential to be decent game even online..

.. And that leaves me with 3 questions, as I can think of, to the online part of the game.

1. The sliders might be abit off?

2. Is it a user error that make the game abit messy for us that want to play as realistic as it may be?

3. Does the connection to servers play that big of a part on how things takes place on ice?

Or maybe its a combination of all three.. With more..?

We've been saying this for the past 3 years. The game can easily play like hockey, they just don't tune it to. The core gameplay is already established. It is about 4 hours away of tuning to get the best hockey game ever created, we just won't see it I'm assuming, based on comments on how they want the game desired to be tuned.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
    Post edited by Oslik1000 on
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • Gillings
    23 posts Member
    I tried your new 100.1% build and I am having a lot of trouble. Certain players can not pick the up at all, they fumble it consistently. Also any amount of turning while the computer is near you makes you lose the puck as the computer still holds all the secrets to stick lifting and knocking the puck loose.

Your earlier build I found more of a complete game. But keep working it dude.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    m3uchntm8fhr.jpg

here is my last match from the season against TOR

last 3 matches
    TBL-BOS 1:3
    BOS-COL 5:1
    ANA-BOS 4:3 OT

PROOF ICE TILT EXISTS!!!!!!! jk.
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    I think thats more the game than anything else. You literally lose the puck instantly when near a cpu player. Pretty sure no slider set by anyone can fix that. I'm still enjoying his set though. My isles were in a tight 2 to 2 battle until ole varly left a big fat juicy rebound in front. Lost 5 to 3 to Boston. I felt it could of gone either way, thats the 1 big difference in this set. I feel like if i lost, it was something I did wrong, or just by luck.

Hopefully they're reading these posts and might address some issues you guys are mentioning.
    Time will tell i guess.......
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Gillings wrote: »
    I tried your new 100.1% build and I am having a lot of trouble. Certain players can not pick the up at all, they fumble it consistently. Also any amount of turning while the computer is near you makes you lose the puck as the computer still holds all the secrets to stick lifting and knocking the puck loose.

You could try putting attribute effects to 8/10 or 9/10 and raising HUM puck control some.

But the best solution is to uninstall the game and play something else.
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    Tryed one game with this sliders just for fun..don't mean to be a pest, but im more close to hockey online (HUT) then this, it was really slow and when the players would receive passes, bounced the puck away from the blade, happened once so many times in a row so the reff blew off beacuse he lose sight of the puck..

And the other teams AI skated offside alot.

Powerplay worked out pretty good.

I dont think there is one magical slider setting out there that works for everyone, although of course there are better and worse.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    Will try when I get home!
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    Tryed one game with this sliders just for fun..don't mean to be a pest, but im more close to hockey online (HUT) then this, it was really slow and when the players would receive passes, bounced the puck away from the blade, happened once so many times in a row so the reff blew off beacuse he lose sight of the puck..

I dont think there is one magical slider setting out there that works for everyone, although of course there are better and worse.

Not that I've tried this slider (I make my own but by the sounds of it they're similar), but are you so used to EA NHL hockey that throwing rocket passes at everybody is commonplace?
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    buqzz9y0f37x.jpg

All-star, 10 min*3, game speed 6. "pass reception ease" 75.

Still abit of the same problem, it was better, no doubt. But still clunky gameplay and a big problem with this speed, when you cover up all the opponent's options, the AI turns into something more similar breakdance then hockey, and at the same time pass the puck like a turbo jet.

But it was more hockey this time, all the goals were different from the other, 1 nice tip also..

:)
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member

Not that I've tried this slider (I make my own but by the sounds of it they're similar), but are you so used to EA NHL hockey that throwing rocket passes at everybody is commonplace?

Hard for you to tell without a glimpse on how my gameplay look...? Everything felt pretty slow.. But passes was o.k.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    Gillings wrote: »

You could try putting attribute effects to 8/10 or 9/10 and raising HUM puck control some.

But the best solution is to uninstall the game and play something else.

good tip: I will try this attribute effect combination with puck control if any chance for less error pick ups

Yeah, 10/10 attribute effects tends to make the game a little too spastic (in conjuction with more anti-arcade slider settings atleast). And there is no shame in putting CPU puck control at 0/100 and HUMAN puck control at say 15/100 or something like that, because EA's way of making the CPU harder to play against is not having it play better hockey, but to make it cheat via stats manipulation, blitz reactions, etc.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020