EA Forums - Banner

The Most Real Sports Game Ever! I created after 70 hours of work! Every contact is counting now!

Replies

• I think everyone has their own offline settings that they like. I can't say I've used the OP's settings, but the one I made to suit my own style (I don't have them with me at the moment). But the settings I'm using do a good job at creating realistic hockey numbers while just playing 4 minute periods. I tend to play with the CPU aggressiveness about half way. If I played longer periods I'd probably bump that up to 70 or 80 to make it tougher to get into the zone but with such fast periods times if I did that the games would likely end 1-0 and only have like 12 shots on net in the entire game for both teams.

I do wonder if I played longer periods if bumping the CPU aggressiveness would actually work to keep the shot numbers to a lower amount over a longer period of playing time.

Maybe someone could comment on this.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Tryed one game with this sliders just for fun..don't mean to be a pest, but im more close to hockey online (HUT) then this, it was really slow and when the players would receive passes, bounced the puck away from the blade, happened once so many times in a row so the reff blew off beacuse he lose sight of the puck..

And the other teams AI skated offside alot.

Powerplay worked out pretty good.

I dont think there is one magical slider setting out there that works for everyone, although of course there are better and worse.

Not that I've tried this slider (I make my own but by the sounds of it they're similar), but are you so used to EA NHL hockey that throwing rocket passes at everybody is commonplace?

But you were right about the passes, did not have enough to compare with.. How fast the passes go in relation to how fast/slow the players move, is the main key to get the online part to work well.
  • HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    I think everyone has their own offline settings that they like. I can't say I've used the OP's settings, but the one I made to suit my own style (I don't have them with me at the moment). But the settings I'm using do a good job at creating realistic hockey numbers while just playing 4 minute periods. I tend to play with the CPU aggressiveness about half way. If I played longer periods I'd probably bump that up to 70 or 80 to make it tougher to get into the zone but with such fast periods times if I did that the games would likely end 1-0 and only have like 12 shots on net in the entire game for both teams.

I do wonder if I played longer periods if bumping the CPU aggressiveness would actually work to keep the shot numbers to a lower amount over a longer period of playing time.

Maybe someone could comment on this.

At some point bumping aggression (typically high 70's if memory serves me correctly) the AI starts actually poking and stuff on the backcheck so space has to be earned a lot more so shot totals definitely go down.
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
    Post edited by Oslik1000 on
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Good job, very dedicated to your mission, and a fun thread to follow, like a Journey! *thumbs up*
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    Yeah, good job Oslik. I will make the changes and see how it works. I do like yours as well. Will let you know how it played.

Again, much appreciation for all the work you put into it so we can salvage the rest of this year till 21 comes.

Stay safe one and all.🙂
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Im gonna try out your finally final sliders too, it feels fair to your job you put down to this..
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • ->You can find the last version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<-
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Oslik1000 wrote: »
    99% done!

After turning off two non-functional scroll bars as I write above, I revised the settings again and I'm 99.9% done! the last 2 shifts remain - the goal of the success of the action and hits. I'm currently worth Hitting Power 73 and Goalie Save Reaction Time 30 ... but it's still not that.

The last one is missing. It is now finally contact hockey where players do not only use the body but especially the stick and speed! You will know it as soon as you play this setting. It's exactly the physics I missed in EA hockey.
    Yes, because the CPU players mainly use the body, for example, if you want to penetrate the band, there were only two options: the CPU player contributed you to the guardrail and had a puck on the stick. As well as in the scrums in front of the goalie!

But that is no longer the case!

And at the same time, in all situations, it now looks much better according to physics. For example, a player penetrating along the mantinel is attacked, but the puck after the attack slides in an unchanged direction.
    And the same goes again before the goalie. There is suddenly 1000% more free puck already very close, as in real life after the contact of the player, when the puck does not end automatically to anyone on the stick.

And it was enough :) to turn off 2 or 3 things .... I have a size effect of 2, Speed ​​Effect and 1

Today at 8:00PM will done 100%

Hehe are you -really- sure, 100% done? cause I dont. ;)
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Yeah remember BF said something about that problem too, its bad!
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    ->You can find the final version of all scrollbar sliders settings in the first post on page 1 of this discussion<!