EA Forums - Banner

Stop making yearly editions to NHL franchise?

What if EA made NHL like GTA is. Work on it for 5 years to release something outta this world that will constantly be updated - take the time to do all the things the community has been asking for - take the time to do the little things like fix the awful menus. That’s what I’d wanna see

Replies

• I’d love a subscription-based game (unless they give it the BFV treatment lol) but that’ll never happen. People literally buy the game for rosters, and if they can make $60 of a roster rather than $30, they’re going to do that.
  • Sega82mega
    2693 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    If they would have a good ground to relay on and did give out some patches now and then it works for me. But boy I would miss that 'new feeling'.

But probebly more a question of making money then what 'we' wants or whats best for the game.
  • Follisimo
    1050 posts Member
    The answer is very simple.... Investors want more money. The worst part of everything is NHL is given a budget and doesn't exactly get to take the money it's earned to recycle back into making a better game. It gets used for new projects and such among EA.

• Would it really be that different from what they offer now?
  • johnny2fingaz
    254 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Davanial wrote: »
    Would it really be that different from what they offer now?

It’d save me money. And there’d Be less of a learning curve every edition.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    Making annual "new" games with minimal effort essentially means annual HUT resets. EA makes a fortune on microtransactions, so the formula is an actual goldmine.
  • j0rtsu67
    586 posts Member
    bryta47 wrote: »
    Making annual "new" games with minimal effort essentially means annual HUT resets. EA makes a fortune on microtransactions, so the formula is an actual goldmine.
    One of the main reasons for yearly release.
  • Davanial wrote: »
    Would it really be that different from what they offer now?

Good question, I think the devoloper has alot of use from one year to another from how things seems to work out when it goes online. It takes some months to know if ther is any major flaws that need to be fix. So maybe that would be a disadvantages to a new game more rarely, they get to far away from online reality.
  • Remove "yearly" and it will be closer to the truth.
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Why would they do that? Look at all the money that would be lost in purchasing each year and all the micro transactions that’s generated with each season of nhl or FIFA or madden. While it would hopefully provide ea the time to make a great game, they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face and I can’t blame a company for wanting to maximize profits, I mean that’s why a business operates, to make money.

That being said I’m sure the push will be how great the new game will be on the next gen systems and how they’ve added all kinds of new features and hopefully they can deliver instead of more empty promises and unfulfilled execution.

I don’t know about that. Look at GTA5 one of the best selling games of all time - still a popular game - it has constant updates - people are generally happy with it. It could be great if they did it right. Also if it was just 1 game it wouldn’t divide the fan base. They could focus on doing it right once.
  • Follisimo
    1050 posts Member
    Tonysl79 wrote: »
    Why would they do that? Look at all the money that would be lost in purchasing each year and all the micro transactions that’s generated with each season of nhl or FIFA or madden. While it would hopefully provide ea the time to make a great game, they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face and I can’t blame a company for wanting to maximize profits, I mean that’s why a business operates, to make money.

That being said I’m sure the push will be how great the new game will be on the next gen systems and how they’ve added all kinds of new features and hopefully they can deliver instead of more empty promises and unfulfilled execution.

I don’t know about that. Look at GTA5 one of the best selling games of all time - still a popular game - it has constant updates - people are generally happy with it. It could be great if they did it right. Also if it was just 1 game it wouldn’t divide the fan base. They could focus on doing it right once.

GTA is NOTHING like NHL series. Ultimate Team is the most important thing in all the sports games. You couldn't do that with a non yearly release because of overalls going up. GTA constantly adds things here and there for people to spend real money on. You can't do that in NHL.

• lphabsfan wrote: »
    Remove "yearly" and it will be closer to the truth.

😂😂😂
  • [quote="Follisimo;c-2138599"][quote="johnny2fingaz;c-2138556"][quote="Tonysl79;c-2138447"]Why would they do that? Look at all the money that would be lost in purchasing each year and all the micro transactions that’s generated with each season of nhl or FIFA or madden. While it would hopefully provide ea the time to make a great game, they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face and I can’t blame a company for wanting to maximize profits, I mean that’s why a business operates, to make money.

That being said I’m sure the push will be how great the new game will be on the next gen systems and how they’ve added all kinds of new features and hopefully they can deliver instead of more empty promises and unfulfilled execution. [/quote]

I don’t know about that. Look at GTA5 one of the best selling games of all time - still a popular game - it has constant updates - people are generally happy with it. It could be great if they did it right. Also if it was just 1 game it wouldn’t divide the fan base. They could focus on doing it right once. [/quote]

GTA is NOTHING like NHL series. Ultimate Team is the most important thing in all the sports games. You couldn't do that with a non yearly release because of overalls going up. GTA constantly adds things here and there for people to spend real money on. You can't do that in NHL.[/quote]

Yes you could. Make an open world BE A NHL PLAYER, GM etc Buy houses cruise the city, fly in the plane, hang with friends like Playstaion Home, Objectives, salary, new sports cars.

Also you could make it online and incorporate reset seasons of online there so much they could do. Just look at forza horizon! Or you don’t think they could make a cool 31 arena playground on Xbox series X or ps5.

This game sucks bye
  • Follisimo
    1050 posts Member
    Gillings wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Tonysl79 wrote: »

GTA is NOTHING like NHL series. Ultimate Team is the most important thing in all the sports games. You couldn't do that with a non yearly release because of overalls going up. GTA constantly adds things here and there for people to spend real money on. You can't do that in NHL.

Yes you could. Make an open world BE A NHL PLAYER, GM etc Buy houses cruise the city, fly in the plane, hang with friends like Playstaion Home, Objectives, salary, new sports cars.

Also you could make it online and incorporate reset seasons of online there so much they could do. Just look at forza horizon! Or you don’t think they could make a cool 31 arena playground on Xbox series X or ps5.

This game sucks bye

This is hockey this isn't Barbie Dream Life. Cars, Planes, Houses serve zero purpose to a hockey game. Now in GTA they have purposes. Forza Horizon is about the cars as it should be. Your home doesn't do anything special. I get it you are an offline player that's cool I guess.

Oh no your wife is mad at you for not spending enough time with her and files for a divorce your NHL rating drops -4. But you just bought a sweet dog and your rating jumps up 5. (sounds like soooooo much fun /endsarcasm)