EA Forums - Banner

What does strength attribute do in EASHL?

johnny2fingaz
254 posts Member
edited June 2020
Who knows?

Replies

• That’s interesting I was just thinking the same thing the other day
  • nyi95
    154 posts Member
    I think its to give u the strength to keep playing,lol
  • Would it be nudges? Or is that checking?

I read it helps to pin people?

Help to knock you from the puck? No that’s balance

@NHLDev @EA_Aljo @EA_Aljo do you know?
  • It is definitely a modifier for hitting. Possibly for shot power too but unsure about that.
  • EA_Aljo
    2389 posts EA Community Manager
    Sorry, everyone. I don't have a list of everything the Strength attribute applies to and I don't want to just speculate. I'm trying to get a comprehensive list from a dev as we'd like to document all the attributes. Should that happen, I'll post an update.
  • Follisimo
    1050 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sorry, everyone. I don't have a list of everything the Strength attribute applies to and I don't want to just speculate. I'm trying to get a comprehensive list from a dev as we'd like to document all the attributes. Should that happen, I'll post an update.

For NHL 21. IF we can allocate some stats and even if we can't there should be an area that lets use view what attributes affect what on our players. Giving knowledge can go a long way for people.

• EA_Aljo
    2389 posts EA Community Manager
    Follisimo wrote: »

For NHL 21. IF we can allocate some stats and even if we can't there should be an area that lets use view what attributes affect what on our players. Giving knowledge can go a long way for people.

I agree. It would be great to see this.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Thanks for looking into it !

I’m surprised it hasn’t been asking before!

Thanks for looking into it !

I’m surprised it hasn’t been asking before!

it has...over the years 100s of questions on exactly how changing various attributes affects the in game play. The only answers DEVs have ever given is almost word for word whatever the description is in game. rarely very useful.
  • jrago73
    561 posts Member

There was a year that the devs posted all of that information here but I'm not going to be overly helpful because I couldn't possibly tell you which one, maybe 14ish.

If I remember correctly it effected pins and modified hits and balance.
  • jrago73
    561 posts Member
    https://forums.operationsports.com/strategyguides/935/explaining-nhl-12s-attribute-system/

Some things may have changed but given the nature of this game cycle I'm betting it's still very accurate info in most cases.
  • Strength definitely affects your ability to shrug off hits; works wonders for the slightly larger (6 foot) Snipers.
  • @NHLDev any word?
  • Follisimo
    1050 posts Member
    @NHLDev any word?

Sadly they always stay quiet on the really important information.

Follisimo wrote: »

I agree. It would be great to see this.

This was the case back in the early games of NHL . They had a list of what attributes did. Wish they'd bring that back. And hopefully that poll Clappy did get us Attributes back instead of the cookie cutter player types. Attributes from day 1 no cards. Unlock boost packs by level 31 just like the specialty traits in NHL 20