EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Defensemen Stats

I noticed that all the forwards in EASHL have an 85 for faceoffs and all the defensemen have an 80 for faceoffs. Why do the defensemen need such a high faceoff stat?
I've complained about the limitations of the defensive builds before. If points were taken away from the faceoff stat and put into something more applicable, then the defensemen could be a little more balanced compared to the forward builds.

This is another good time to bring up the way Fifa does their club builds. There are archetypes and then points that are unlocked through playing games. The archetypes should work the same as they do now (in the current version of CHEL) but start with lower overall stats. Through gameplay, people can unlock points to improve specific stat areas useful for their build/play style. I know it must be annoying seeing this brought up again, but I believe this system would work much better.

Replies

• Follisimo
    1177 posts Member
    I noticed that all the forwards in EASHL have an 85 for faceoffs and all the defensemen have an 80 for faceoffs. Why do the defensemen need such a high faceoff stat?
    I've complained about the limitations of the defensive builds before. If points were taken away from the faceoff stat and put into something more applicable, then the defensemen could be a little more balanced compared to the forward builds.

This is another good time to bring up the way Fifa does their club builds. There are archetypes and then points that are unlocked through playing games. The archetypes should work the same as they do now (in the current version of CHEL) but start with lower overall stats. Through gameplay, people can unlock points to improve specific stat areas useful for their build/play style. I know it must be annoying seeing this brought up again, but I believe this system would work much better.

It wouldn't matter with how they set up builds anyway. If they removed all the face-off stats they wouldn't allocate points elsewhere.