EA Forums - Banner

Just put the ping number on the loading screen...

So I just lost my best ever, 14-0-1, run in hut champs because I matched with a guy from Quebec. From Finland to Quebec in competetive matchmaking... You guys seriously can’t get even a single thing right. How is 50 ping even considered good?

The game is frustrating and bad enough as it is and then it **** you over like this.

Put the ping number on the loading screen or at least make the ’good’ range under 25 or something.

Replies

• Just check your ping before the puck drops, anything over 25 I quit before the game starts
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »
    Just check your ping before the puck drops, anything over 25 I quit before the game starts

Yeah i should start doing that.
  • Juppo1996 wrote: »
    So I just lost my best ever, 14-0-1, run in hut champs because I matched with a guy from Quebec. From Finland to Quebec in competetive matchmaking... You guys seriously can’t get even a single thing right. How is 50 ping even considered good?

The game is frustrating and bad enough as it is and then it ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you over like this.

Put the ping number on the loading screen or at least make the ’good’ range under 25 or something.

If it changed to 25ms and under as being good, I'd never see a good connection again usually 27-30 when I connect to the right server, but that doesn't mean my opponent is, and usually ends up being an annoying mess for both.

Either get good servers, or go back to p2p and actually deal with the cheaters. P2p at least had the most fair match making connection wise. Not just benefiting those living right next to the servers as it is
  • BodyBags0000
    288 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Juppo1996 wrote: »

The game is frustrating and bad enough as it is and then it ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you over like this.

If it changed to 25ms and under as being good, I'd never see a good connection again usually 27-30 when I connect to the right server, but that doesn't mean my opponent is, and usually ends up being an annoying mess for both.

Either get good servers, or go back to p2p and actually deal with the cheaters. P2p at least had the most fair match making connection wise. Not just benefiting those living right next to the servers as it is

Well It doesn’t make your ping any better that the game shows it as good rather than fair:D

There’s a lot that should be done about the matchmaking and servers but I don’t think going back to p2p is the answer though.

Like you should be able to choose the server(s) you want to use. It obviously sucks if you live far away from the servers but that’s kinda just a built in part of online gaming. The obvious problem here is that I matched with a Canadian player. So either me or him connected to the wrong server.

Without that game I probably would’ve been 18-1-1 and top 10... oh well.
    Post edited by BodyBags0000 on
  • Been searching for an online matchup for the last 45 minutes, cannot find a game with a ping under 75!!! Anything over 50 and the games are absolute crap.. I've lost to the worst players in existence bc of the insane input lag. Greatest game in the world that is virtually unplayable because of input lag.
  • Servers have been awful. I always have 35+ ping.
    I still manage to put up good numbers and stay in 1900s in Rivals though. HUT champs I usually have 50+ ping and it's not as great but here's hoping they improve servers for NHL 21...
  • EA_Aljo
    3193 posts EA Community Manager
    We use dedicated servers that only host NHL games. They aren't hosting traffic for anything else.
  • uoa6u29j1mzv.jpg
    0hu6n186tr0j.jpg

Just awful input delay. Even with 50-60ms ping it shouldn't be as noticeable in this game.

I played NHL 19 with similar ping with no issues.
    It's not my connection either. I am hardwired, ports open, got a new modem from my isp last month too.

This is just bad this year.
  • My ping fluctuates between 58-100, and I'm a bit west US. Some of my teammates have it even worse topping 100+.

We have to beat the lag more than we have to beat the other team. The funny thing is... how are other games 1000x more taxing on a connection and system that NHL can have great connections and decent pings??
  • Samzo77
    5 posts New member
    > @TheMajjam said:
    > My ping fluctuates between 58-100, and I'm a bit west US. Some of my teammates have it even worse topping 100+.
    >
    > We have to beat the lag more than we have to beat the other team. The funny thing is... how are other games 1000x more taxing on a connection and system that NHL can have great connections and decent pings??

Exactly. Same issues in 21.
  • I have noticed in last couple of days when I start the game with OP ping is 15ms which is perfect and we connect. First period plays great, then in intermission I check the ping and it’s at from 35-55ms delay. Then we go to third period (providing my controller did not slam the wall 🤣) and ping is back at 15ms.
    No stability whatsoever.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Samzo77
    5 posts New member
    Completely agree. There is a problem rn