EA Forums - Banner

Drop the gloves

Prev1
What do you guys feel for this moment in the game?

I like to fight, but a little bit the same problem here like it is in the gameplay, feels like many of my combatants just lay a beating on the controller with not so much mind into it. If anyone remember Track and Field to nintendo...

And when do you try to pick a fight? Any special occasion.. Some dudes do it before every faceoff.. (you can take advantage of that behavior in the offensive zone), but usally they dont even want to fight.
I can use it sometimes if I got a really cheese ugly goal against me, just to send a message, feels good in a way hehe..

And of course, I try to slash the other player after the whistle everytime, but its more a created addiction, but if they choose to go, its a bonus. It’s rarely happens, but if my opponent play a really nice hockey, then I dont have the heart to slash, hehe..

And the last thing, how come the fights sometimes end up even? Although he just go on defense.. Guess it has something with strenght to do, but if they dont even try to fight, it would be more satisfying to see them crouch down on ice with there hands over the head, like a little scared turtle.

Replies

• nyi95
    166 posts Member
    They used to have the "turtle feature" in this game. If you didn't want to go, you'd hold L2 and R2 to go down. Remember? Just another thing taken out of the game. I swear, the list if things they took out is getting mighty long.
  • Davanial
    267 posts Member
    I hold dodge until the fight is called a draw, then I cheer like I won anyway /flex
  • I wish we could choose not to fight. Fighting is actually pretty boring and then you can't play for a couple min. I also hate when someone forces someone on my team to fight. This gets even WORSE when they have two humans left and they force you into a fight so they have 1 human on the ice.
  • I just always try to the mashers into a headlock. Works most of the time.
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    I often manage to slip through thoose headlocks, even tough its a precarious situation right after. But a wonderful feeling on the other hand, when you got him headlocked.
  • jrago73
    623 posts Member
    I wish we could choose not to fight. Fighting is actually pretty boring and then you can't play for a couple min. I also hate when someone forces someone on my team to fight. This gets even WORSE when they have two humans left and they force you into a fight so they have 1 human on the ice.

One if my "favorite" parts of this game is when I'm forced into a fight that I don't want as a result of my clean check.
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    But that moment, after a big hit(!), I think its pretty clean to have the option to step in and defend your teammates.
  • EA_Aljo
    2734 posts EA Community Manager
    jrago73 wrote: »
    I wish we could choose not to fight. Fighting is actually pretty boring and then you can't play for a couple min. I also hate when someone forces someone on my team to fight. This gets even WORSE when they have two humans left and they force you into a fight so they have 1 human on the ice.

One if my "favorite" parts of this game is when I'm forced into a fight that I don't want as a result of my clean check.

If you're forced to fight it's because you injured the player you hit. Their teammate is standing up for them. It's not exactly unusual for that to happen in the real world, but I get the frustration with forced fights. I'm not a fan of them myself, but they are very rare for me. I don't do a lot of hitting though so someone that does is of course going to be forced to fight more frequently.
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I stand up for beein forced to fight, it can happen in real life too. . Its not all about next score, hockey can be more personally. My opinion.
  • Incorporate fight night controls back in the game. Those were the golden fight days to me.
  • jrago73
    623 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »

If you're forced to fight it's because you injured the player you hit. Their teammate is standing up for them. It's not exactly unusual for that to happen in the real world, but I get the frustration with forced fights. I'm not a fan of them myself, but they are very rare for me. I don't do a lot of hitting though so someone that does is of course going to be forced to fight more frequently.

It's not my fault he can't take a hit 😉
    But seriously I'm also not for injuries in eashl. It's one of those functions that is true to real life but annoying in games. He doesn't want to be gimped for 5 minutes, I don't want to sit in the box for 15 minutes and the humans don't want yet another ai on the ice. Who is this helping?
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    482 posts Member
    I miss the 1st person fighting... lean full left and punch full right then when they finally figure it out you just lean full right and punch left; must have won 100 fights in a row that way...

Unsportsmanlike calls should be given to players who fire the puck at the goalie after a whistle in 3's since we can't fight them.

Someone shouldn't be able to duck out like a punk if they fire the puck too.

I shouldn't be punished for destroying a guy with a clean hit either - who cares if I injured him? His buddy should have the option of fighting but either I shouldn't be forced into a fight or I should get some sort of bonus
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I miss the 1st person fighting... lean full left and punch full right then when they finally figure it out you just lean full right and punch left; must have won 100 fights in a row that way...

Unsportsmanlike calls should be given to players who fire the puck at the goalie after a whistle in 3's since we can't fight them.

Someone shouldn't be able to duck out like a punk if they fire the puck too.

I shouldn't be punished for destroying a guy with a clean hit either - who cares if I injured him? His buddy should have the option of fighting but either I shouldn't be forced into a fight or I should get some sort of bonus

Hehe I was waited for you to step in to the "ring". Have a feeling that you are a gladiator. (could tell from the Screenshot Slapshot! - contest, Congrats to you and BF btw)

1 person would be cool!
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    482 posts Member
    Lol thanks; I couldn't get a maxed out Kyle Wellwood card though so I'm a little bummed.

I understand the change from 1st person to 3rd but it would be nice to allow us to pick and choose from a small list of control schemes to better suit our needs.

I absolutely loathe the new system because it just feels so sloppy and none of my inputs register when I want. Dodge barely works and I don't really see how grabbing someone can waste that much stamina -- you can literally lose a fight from repeatedly punching a blocking player over and over; how is that all fair?

1 punches are cool if you're towering over your opponent but who's great idea was it to allow a 5'7 sniper to 1ph a full bar 7 foot enforcer? It can happen in real life, sure, but for people to not start crying tilt of some sort there needs to be a better power grid and face mesh implemented.

You can no longer turtle so if someone jerseys you, they can just leave you hanging and troll for a good minute or two until the refs stop the fight; that will definitely need to be addressed
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    Yeah that last part.. almost impossible to attack thoose "fighters", if the dude just go defense, without going to seizures and open up, he should turn in to a turtle. Its such disappointment, you think, alright, here we go.. Then nothing before refs go between.

Fights has not change much sence 15, and I dont think the majority really care, but maybe more would, if the fights could get more dynamic.

Would be cool to have maybe three choices per game,(if you got a enforcer) were I can headhunt any player of my opponents team that I want to go against. He can ofc reject the fight, but it would feel pretty cool to be able to choose who's on my list.
  • The difference being that in real life the guy who laid the hit does not HAVE to fight. In real life I feel he should fight BUT he doesn't have to. In a video game I'd much rather play hockey and help my team out than get in a 30 second fight and sit for the next 3 min watching my teammates play. The fact people are actually choosing female characters so they can't be hit hard or to get out of fighting is SAD..
  • Follisimo
    1094 posts Member
    I just use a female character so I don't have to get into worthless fights in EASHL for leaving a clean hit. And it's not something that is SAD it is called being smart. Should have just given the option to turn it off completely male or female. I don't need someone wasting my time for something that was legal.

• Davanial
    267 posts Member
    It's sad that EA made it so female players can't fight. They technically can't body check, so why was that incorporated? I'm guessing they've never watched a women's hockey game, either.

Golf clap for the attempt at equal representation, though.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    Davanial wrote: »
    It's sad that EA made it so female players can't fight. They technically can't body check, so why was that incorporated? I'm guessing they've never watched a women's hockey game, either.

I play a female player and the hitting mechanics work the exact same for them. I'm glad it was incorporated that they can't fight because it gets tiresome when you throw a big hit on someone that results in an odd man rush or breakaway the other way, and you get FORCED into a fight without a chance to not want to engage in one. Easy way to screw up a scoring chance after you made a crap play.

No thanks.
  • Davanial
    267 posts Member
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Davanial wrote: »

I play a female player and the hitting mechanics work the exact same for them. I'm glad it was incorporated that they can't fight because it gets tiresome when you throw a big hit on someone that results in an odd man rush or breakaway the other way, and you get FORCED into a fight without a chance to not want to engage in one. Easy way to screw up a scoring chance after you made a crap play.

No thanks.

The option to be a player that fights or not should be available to any created player regardless of gender.