EA Forums - Banner

Any chance of a gameplay update?

Prev1
Just a question! Are we going to see a gameplay update anytime soon? Mostly feel like A.I. defense and goalies need some improvements. Also please add the kicked for poor team play feature to HUT, Online Versus, EASHL club. So when players decide to rag the puck they get kicked out of the game for it. Had way too many games in which my opponent sat behind his net and ragged the puck for whole 3 periods.

Please make some fixes to this game.

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3062 posts Member
    I wouldn't count on it.. I bealive this game dosent have top priority anymore. NHL21 is about to move in..
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on it.. I believe this game doesn't have top priority anymore. NHL21 is about to move in..

Seems though NHL 21 is delayed the the long wait for confirmation. I would think a few updates could be made. I barely play because of too many problems I'm facing, even on a wired 100 mbps connection. My defense and goalie A.I. have been terrible. Even changing my strategies they just continue to slump...
  • Lol you must be new.
  • Lol you must be new.

Nope, been an active player since NHL 94. NHL 20 is the first game I have less than 400 games played due to ridiculous amount exploits it has it it's gameplay...
  • Wish we’d see one more “art update” to give us the massive amount of missing matching sock templates in CaT, or some of the new pads that came out, or fixing the Bauer color zones on the pads in the game that have been wrong for two years in a row now, but I’m guessing the art team is busy designing more CHEL gear.
  • nyi95
    162 posts Member
    You have about as much chance of an update as we have a chance of this game resembling hockey.
  • Oslik1000
    465 posts Member
    but there are really a lot of tech bugs and it's not just online mods. I don't think this would work even as a beta. Some update that fixes at least the obvious bugs will definitely welcome everyone. Plus, nhl21 doesn't have to go out for Christmas this year ... it's just possible.
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    but there are really a lot of tech bugs and it's not just online mods. I don't think this would work even as a beta. Some update that fixes at least the obvious bugs will definitely welcome everyone. Plus, nhl21 doesn't have to go out for Christmas this year ... it's just possible.

Yep can agree on this for sure! Offline even has bugs! Literally had to reset my cache and saved date for NHL 20 because it kept freezing in Franchise mode, and my games a digital download. Games not even fun offline anymore. Sadly the Beta for 20 was so much better than the real game. First few weeks were great after full release, until the gameplay tuners were changed and the game became more corrupted than ever.

I have went to school for video game and graphic design myself, and notice how certain things work. The coding and scripting are a thing that make these games come to life. So somewhere, someone got lazy and messed up something with the coding language for this game to not bring out the potential it should.

• EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    Oslik1000 wrote: »

Yep can agree on this for sure! Offline even has bugs! Literally had to reset my cache and saved date for NHL 20 because it kept freezing in Franchise mode, and my games a digital download. Games not even fun offline anymore. Sadly the Beta for 20 was so much better than the real game. First few weeks were great after full release, until the gameplay tuners were changed and the game became more corrupted than ever.

I have went to school for video game and graphic design myself, and notice how certain things work. The coding and scripting are a thing that make these games come to life. So somewhere, someone got lazy and messed up something with the coding language for this game to not bring out the potential it should.

It would be good to get some feedback on this. There were no tuners released for NHL 20 so what specifically changed that you don't like?
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

It would be good to get some feedback on this. There were no tuners released for NHL 20 so what specifically changed that you don't like?

What do you mean the gameplay tuners weren't changed? I remember there being a few gameplay tuner updates. Gives an option to use different update tuners from dated to previous. The thing I'm disliking is the A.I. goaltending and defense. Literally no matter what strategy I use my defense pinches to the redline and my goaltender that is a 97 is getting scored on by as low as 73 overall opponents. I'll even lift my opponents stick or poke check directly and it just strings right back to them, especially on the boards by the nearby blueline...
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

What do you mean the gameplay tuners weren't changed? I remember there being a few gameplay tuner updates. Gives an option to use different update tuners from dated to previous. The thing I'm disliking is the A.I. goaltending and defense. Literally no matter what strategy I use my defense pinches to the redline and my goaltender that is a 97 is getting scored on by as low as 73 overall opponents. I'll even lift my opponents stick or poke check directly and it just strings right back to them, especially on the boards by the nearby blueline...

There have been no gameplay tuners released for NHL 20. You can see this in the settings. If you try to change the setting for which tuner is being used, you'll see only one option.
  • Steven5470
    355 posts Member
    edited July 2020

There have been no gameplay tuners released for NHL 20. You can see this in the settings. If you try to change the setting for which tuner is being used, you'll see only one option.

Confused by this. We've only had one option for a tuner selection. Even though it shows the option to switch tuners, you can't. We used to have the option to select the tuner we wanted, but again, another feature removed.
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »

Offline is so bugged. The AI is clueless, especially if you play position lock. Clear breakaway to the net, but the AI passes the puck back, etc. Nothing has been done to correct any of of this and EA wonders why we are so frustrated.
  • EA_Aljo
    Steven5470 wrote: »

Confused by this. We've only had one option for a tuner selection. Even though it shows the option to switch tuners, you can't. We used to have the option to select the tuner we wanted, but again, another feature removed.

There's only one. If you choose latest for the tuner, it's the same as 1.00 as that is the latest version. If there were other tuners, you'd be able to choose them.
  • Steven5470 wrote: »

They just did zero tuning. They put the game out tuned the way they wanted it and if the community said they wanted to tune it differently, they'd ask us about it and consider it for upcoming titles.
  • Steven5470 wrote: »

They just did zero tuning. They put the game out tuned the way they wanted it and if the community said they wanted to tune it differently, they'd ask us about it and consider it for upcoming titles.

I'm so confused by this, as we have had multiple Tuner updates this year as I and so many of us can remember. There was even a thing where I would enter into EASHL or other modes and it would say "downloading gameplay update tuners" Or the occasional Roster update. I need to start screenshotting this stuff when it happens...
  • Isn't that how they fix the issues within the game and do patch work or am I missing something?
  • Follisimo
    1071 posts Member
    Here is why... We complained about how EA ruins the game with tuners so they finally did what we asked and didn't change anything. They still did some patches. Last year they did tuners and people got upset how a good game got changed.... Sadly when they reverted back to the original tuner it wasn't the gameplay we enjoyed because patches ruined things.

To many NHL 19 beta was the perfect setup but it got ruined.

• I don't remember being able to change the tuner in NHL 19. No matter how you downloaded it, it was always the "Latest". The tuner selection ability was like 3 versions ago and then taken out..?
  • EA_Aljo
    Steven5470 wrote: »

I'm so confused by this, as we have had multiple Tuner updates this year as I and so many of us can remember. There was even a thing where I would enter into EASHL or other modes and it would say "downloading gameplay update tuners" Or the occasional Roster update. I need to start screenshotting this stuff when it happens...

This message always appears as it makes sure you're on the latest tuner for online play. However, there have been no new tuners released.