EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Update

Prev134
hi. Has anyone heard anything about NHL 21? Any news on when we will get info or trailer?

Replies

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Nope, silent as the grave.
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    Maybe they're finally burying it,lol
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Naah, Come on.. ;)

But im dying to hear anything.. doesn't even have to be true.. Thats how desperate I am.
  • Davanial
    267 posts Member
    NHL 21 will have dancing puck bunny cheerleaders, which can be upgraded in HUT mode from 'bronze' (beer league girlfriends) to master set (Beyonce).
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Davanial wrote: »
    NHL 21 will have dancing puck bunny cheerleaders, which can be upgraded in HUT mode from 'bronze' (beer league girlfriends) to master set (Beyonce).

it must be a first video game franchise with cheerleaders with skates?

I want a zamboni race back (ice resurfacer) !
    I remember nhl96 with the first "3D ice resurfacer" this think it was so superb.

It's one of the things where the show disappeared from the hockey game! The snowmobile rolled down the snow in the background and during that time the statistics were visible on the screen. When I compare how completely the end of every third looks like for 20 years now, I'm actually sad and I miss the show from NBA 2k or Madden NFL
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    NHL 21 is already a thing it's just not getting talked about yet because the game most likely isn't coming out til November/December. So this gives the team more time to possibly add more and wait on showing what they have.
  • Okmp
    1 posts New member
    Please put in gm connected that is all I want for nhl 21
  • BodyBags0000
    288 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I have a huge dilemma with it since I promised my buddy I would play EASHL with him and buy the game on release but the more I keep playing 20 the less I want to buy 21 on release.

If they don't announce any AI improvements and it's yet again more duct tape and polishing a turd I'll probably lose my....:D
    Post edited by BodyBags0000 on
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Just read a tweet from a guy named clappy, were he said "NHL21 update next week."

it's getting closer ladies and gentlemen!
  • There will be an update next week
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    I'm going with November 10th for expensive version and November 13th for regular edition. Mackinnon on the cover.

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Frostbite and september 10-13...shoot for the stars!

Hmm.. Goalie on the cover.. David Ayres. :smiley:
  • Does it really matter? None of what the majority of the player base wants will actually be implemented. It's all about what a handful of "influencers" want and it's going to be garbage. More promises about changes and improvements and then once the game actually releases, they will go back on the promises and allow for even more ways to exploit the game.
  • My only hope for this franchise is they give the same update Konami gave this week on PES plans. I've been here long enough to know that won't happen but here's to hoping nonetheless.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    We didnt even get a day, 'next week' could be in 2 days or 6 days... I guess im abit overexcited.
  • nyi95
    180 posts Member
    You offline players are all the same,lol. Kiddin Sega.😜
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Just read a tweet from a guy named clappy, were he said "NHL21 update next week."

it's getting closer ladies and gentlemen!

Yeah lol

Update EA style.. here's an update to tell you approximately when the next update will be:

https://ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/news/nhl21-update
  • I think I can safely say I’m skipping 21 if there’s no next-gen additions. I don’t see the AI making a big enough leap this year to warrant a purchase.
  • I think I can safely say I’m skipping 21 if there’s no next-gen additions. I don’t see the AI making a big enough leap this year to warrant a purchase.

If chel gets closer to what it was last gen and the SSD makes the menus lightning fast, that's reason enough for me to get it.
  • We haven't even seen a trailer yet.. 21 is the year it all will happen!

#neverstopbelieving

:smiley: