Replies

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    CUSTOM CAMERA ANGLES.

Big yes to that one!
  • ke0niPD
    288 posts Member
    Nxckles wrote: »
    Let us customize the controls (remapping buttons/functions).

IE. remap the stick lift to neutral right stick click-in but still give us the option to chop the puck by clicking in the right stick while aiming a direction with it.

I think it's worth a try at least. There's always the possibility that you can find more bugs and phsyics exploits by screwing with the control sceme though.

I really would like to try moving the hustle button somewhere else though because I keep breaking the R3 button.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    There's been some discussion lately of customization. Music, goalie masks, jerseys, arenas, etc. What customization options would you like to see added?

STICK FLEX
    CURVE
    SKATE BLADES

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to bring these up. It would surely be cool to have them back.

This 💯💯 there were allot of great features in nhl 14 as far as customizing things that were removed, hoping they make a comeback shortly.
  • PigSkinRodeo
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Maybe a little dated and poorly worded but I'm gonna bring up an older post of mine about EASHL team branding -- https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/236671/eashl-customization-streamlining#latest

Also, let's get rid of that god awful multi rink arena that has zero fans and looks nasty. The fact it eats up 4 gold rarity unlocks is lamesauce and the camera angles aren't the greatest.

I would like some more name options and custom crowd chants would be super cool.

New mascot animations would be cool. The Chicago hawk mascot doing the flip with his stick is so fun to watch.

Custom goal horns, I NEED my old BFBC 2 Vietnam Hill 137 song back.

Let's bring back banner celebrations and maybe give us the ability to place them where we want? I've had 6 elite banners at once before but they were placed all weird around our favourite arena; only the very first arena with no fans shows them together

New ONES and Threes win celebrations please

Edit: Currently watching the Nordiques/Canadiens Adam's final rerun... I think we need to bring the pipe organ back

I'm all about the banner idea ,custom crowd chants, custom music.
    Post edited by PigSkinRodeo on
  • JTechGP
    33 posts Member
    Customization options are of such little importance that's not really worth discussing. We should talking about customization after gameplay issues are resolved, after game modes such as be a pro, franchise, world of chel, GM connected are improved or brought back. Let's stop wasting time on things that don't matter and focus on things that do.

I really could care less about jersey's, arenas, fans, gear, touques, music. It's all just fluff. It doesn't make me want to play the game more, it's stuff that's just there.

Focus on gameplay and game modes, that's where this game desperately needs improvements.
  • I’d like to lobby on behalf of roster creators for a few things. Mainly more Customization options in offline modes. Things like more vintage equipment options, More Create a team options, Vintage 70s goalie gear and the option to make offline created players helmetless.

There is a small but passionate community that buy the game yearly that have an appetite for utilizing these features.
    To get an idea of the scope of interest that there is take a look at this thread on HF Boards from 2018, there are 51 pages of messages in it.

Link: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/the-art-of-custom-made-players.2586375/

Although I obviously don’t make video games or understand coding I feel like things like opening up more equipment customization could be done sooner rather than later since there is an option to have no helmet in EASHL and there are players without helmets on the alumni times already. Same goes for the goalies equipment. Even just allowing access to the old face masks that the 60s & 70s goalies on the alumni teams wear would be a step in the right direction. Among other things as already mentioned create a goalie mask would be appreciated as well.

Roster Sharing is obviously something that offline players have been clamouring for years for. However for the time being if it is not being implemented or a priority than roster customization is all that much more important. Offline players should have as many options as possible to make the game their own.
  • VillaSharky
    1 posts New member
    > @VeNOM2099 said:
    > Customization is nice. But let's make sure that people don't have too much leeway to do what they want. Some people might think WHITE goal posts are cute. For goalies it's a NIGHTMARE!!
    >
    > Some people (too many) think that making their team and arena colors resemble cotton candy diarrhea puke from an elephant's bum is funny... A lot of us do NOT! Some people think that making everything white is cool. For others who have EYES they care about, we can't afford new corneas and retinas.
    >
    > Maybe giving people some base templates for color schemes would be a good place to start. Y'know. Give people some way of making some changes without allowing them to turn the game (and the sport) into a joke.

While I completely understand where you're coming from, I'd rather solve this by giving the player the option to easily choose default colors in any game for improved visibility or decreased annoyance. Too limited customization is boring, but if there is freedom, some people will always come up with color schemes that make it harder for the opponent, or there are accidental clashes.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4770 posts EA Community Manager
    We're passing up this thread and feedback you all provided up to the team, thanks for joining us for this discussion!

We'll leave it open if anyone wants to continue dropping features they want to see in future NHL titles.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    > @VeNOM2099 said:
    > Customization is nice. But let's make sure that people don't have too much leeway to do what they want. Some people might think WHITE goal posts are cute. For goalies it's a NIGHTMARE!!
    >
    > Some people (too many) think that making their team and arena colors resemble cotton candy diarrhea puke from an elephant's bum is funny... A lot of us do NOT! Some people think that making everything white is cool. For others who have EYES they care about, we can't afford new corneas and retinas.
    >
    > Maybe giving people some base templates for color schemes would be a good place to start. Y'know. Give people some way of making some changes without allowing them to turn the game (and the sport) into a joke.

While I completely understand where you're coming from, I'd rather solve this by giving the player the option to easily choose default colors in any game for improved visibility or decreased annoyance. Too limited customization is boring, but if there is freedom, some people will always come up with color schemes that make it harder for the opponent, or there are accidental clashes.

Totally agree. I just want to avoid the issues where people PURPOSELY try to antagonize other's enjoyment because that's how they get their kicks. To that end, I wanted the team to remove the "color wheel" they give you where you can just pick the bajillion colors of the rainbows and just give people preset color swatches. So if you pick like Red as your base for your Home Jersey. Then you get a couple of swatches with 3 darker and 3 lighter shades of that color. But nothing that allows you to make a shade of red that's WHITE...

I'd also like it if the base colors for away and home jerseys were set. So that you don't get idiots trying to make AWAY jerseys that look EXACTLY like another team's HOME jerseys.

Same with the goal posts. Why is there an option to make them THE SAME COLOR AS THE FUSHLUGGHENA ICE???? Red posts, ok. Blue posts? Cool! Black post... eh... fine! White posts?????

ypovows3vw0g.gif

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    ms2aibjxx44f.png

Welcome to Seattle Kraken!

Gotta say, I love that jersey. Pretty cool name in my ears too.
  • Davanial
    267 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    ms2aibjxx44f.png

Welcome to Seattle Kraken!

Gotta say, I love that jersey. Pretty cool name in my ears too.

Name is ok. Crest looks like a leech or something. Is it a single tentacle, or...?

"It's the symbol for hope on my planet."

"Hope starts with an 'H' stupid!"
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Hehe you do not sound impressed ..

I like the the Nordic connection the team got..

Nice colors and the red dot as an eye on the Sea-monster,... Leech.. :)

But probebly not gonna be a fairytale like Vegas!
  • MaxPac67 wrote: »
    - Definitely custom music. Something like we had last gen, or look at how MLB the show does it.

- Let us create jerseys and upload logos for existing teams, just look at NBA 2k.

- Let us create or change arenas for existing teams. It would be cool if we could create our own ice surface, including ads and arena names at center ice. Give us an option to upload ads for the boards. Again, look at NBA 2k.

- Goalie mask creator

- Let us share all the things above. Oh, and yeah, roster sharing, of course ;)

If custom music is not possible, at least let us change the goal songs for those teams that dont have their real one. Just like we can choose a song in create a team. Some teams really have horrible songs.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    And there we go!

cizmlc4pltk4.png

This is what I'm taking about. Why do EA go out of their way to give idiots the tools to troll and grief others like this? It's like they can't help themselves! It's like the devs are all 12-15 year olds, dropping eggs on commuters from 10 stories high and snickering to themselves. Veritable "Beavises and Buttheads" of the developing world!

"huh-huh-huh!! Let's allow people to match jersey colors with their opponents! Huh-huh-huh-huh!"

"heh-heh-heh-heh! Yeah! It'll be funny cuz then they can't see who's who! heh-heh! heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!!"

"oh! and let's allow them to make the goal posts the same color as the ice so goalies can't see where they are!"

"oooooooh! I AM CORNHOLIO!! heh-heh-he! Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!!"

This just makes my blood boil!!!!! :rage:
  • Oh, and let us change hair styles. I now, veeeery minor, but for example look at Zibanejads real life mullet, and then look at him in game.
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    Oh, and let us change hair styles. I now, veeeery minor, but for example look at Zibanejads real life mullet, and then look at him in game.

Maybe Franchise Mode needs a salon day thrown in to the schedule now and then :D
  • Would be fun with a corona playoff arena, were the people around carrying protective mask and you can hear everything going on much better.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Would be fun with a corona playoff arena, were the people around carrying protective mask and you can hear everything going on much better.

No.
  • Bring back custom camera ,and create a play
  • As long as 21 got this song going every time I short side snipe, im happy...