EA Forums - Banner

Wind-up toy

Sega82mega
3310 posts Member
edited July 2020
I dont know what to expect here, but you know this toys, you can wind-up and then just let go and they do the job all by them self for a minute or so.

I can get the same kinda feeling in this game, feels abit like a elastic band is attached on every player on the ice and it gets more and more stretched, almost to the breaking point, and when it gets to that part the players on the ice is really hard to controll. As if they are forced to start spinning, just out of controll and its impossible to pass/shot, well even skate.. I dont feel free to do anything I want on the ice, something is holding me back.

Maybe just sounds weird... I dunno.

:)

Replies

• That's what bad AI gets you. And the funny (not really funny) thing is that to some degree, that's part of the plan. If you have good AI, then players will just let the CPU do all the work. If you have bad AI, then you never feel in control and a large chunk of your success has to do with not how good, but how not bad, your AI is performing that game.

Having said that, my best suggestion is to stop trying to play actual hockey, practice the standard exploits in the game which will give you an advantage in a number of different ways, and feel good at how you have the manual dexterity, not the actual skill and hockey knowledge to "win" at a video game.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    lphabsfan wrote: »
    That's what bad AI gets you. And the funny (not really funny) thing is that to some degree, that's part of the plan. If you have good AI, then players will just let the CPU do all the work. If you have bad AI, then you never feel in control and a large chunk of your success has to do with not how good, but how not bad, your AI is performing that game.

Having said that, my best suggestion is to stop trying to play actual hockey, practice the standard exploits in the game which will give you an advantage in a number of different ways, and feel good at how you have the manual dexterity, not the actual skill and hockey knowledge to "win" at a video game.

Or just stop playing. I did...

I can't just sit there and "learn the exploits". To me it's not about becoming one of these so called "top-players" that just win every game 10-0 on 5 shots. I want to play hockey. EA NHL is just not hockey. It has elements of hockey. But it just doesn't do the sport any justice.

It doesn't have to be perfect. Just play like the actual sport. When that happens... Maybe I'll play again.
  • nyi95
    166 posts Member
    Geez Venom. Does that mean we'll see you when you're in your 80's? Lol.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Geez Venom. Does that mean we'll see you when you're in your 80's? Lol.

Sure, why not? I'd love to keep gaming as long as possible. Maybe just not as much as I used to. ;)
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    Im not walking down that road, try not, to play hockey, goes against my believe.
    I will continue to hope that hockey Jesus will hear my prayers and when that day comes, for all the glitchers out there, you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

;)
  • nyi95
    166 posts Member
    Sega, have you been dipping into the sacramental wine? Lol.
  • nyi95
    166 posts Member
    Venom, i was referring to your last line" if it ever plays like the actual sport,maybe you'll play again" so.......cu in your 80's? (Optimistic view there) lol
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    nyi95 wrote: »
    Sega, have you been dipping into the sacramental wine? Lol.

Ha ha, yes my friend, I have.. At the same time I saw pulp fiction! :smiley:
  • EA_Blueberry
    4436 posts EA Community Manager
    10/10 will be playing NHL 57' in the nursing home with my longtime friends online.

@Sega82mega

Are you referring to the AI when you're not controlling them or right when you switch to a skater to control them?
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    10/10 will be playing NHL 57' in the nursing home with my longtime friends online.

@Sega82mega

Are you referring to the AI when you're not controlling them or right when you switch to a skater to control them?

Heard any rumors about NHL57' yet?

Yeah right after the switch, but didnt get so much sympathy here, so really nothing to bother. The thread become something else! :smiley:
  • EA_Blueberry
    4436 posts EA Community Manager
    @Sega82mega

No word on NHL 57' but I'm looking forward to it....one day.

Try re-syncing the controller up to the console and check for hardware updates on it. Can't say 100% this is the reason but maybe I'll improve for you. We'll be on the lookout if other report this too.
  • Sega82mega
    3310 posts Member
    Imagine McDavid as a HUT legend by that time.. Hope we still all around!

Yeah no direct worries.
  • This is how I feel about the sliders actually working in general. It’s a wind-up toy. The sliders becoming irrelevant and “fast mode” taking over the game is simply inevitable. There’s absolutely zero stopping it from happening.