EA Forums - Banner

October??

well thats a bold move...october has alot of good games that "should "be coming out.

sales will take a hit for sure.
THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni

Replies

• IceLion68
    1174 posts Member
    Personally, I would be surprised if that has much of an impact on annualized games like NHL. I think a lot of people delay getting NHL these days anyways until Christmas or so.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • It will better align with the start of the 2020-2021 season this way with the NHL season expected to start up most likely in late November or sometime in December. In fact, if I'm being honest, I'd be okay with a release in that November/December timeframe if it helps them add more features or polish to the game prior to release. There's no need to rush the game out this year, the pandemic could have been a blessing for the EA NHL development team, it gives them more time to get the game ready.
  • @BruinsHockey08 although I agree with the statement, I don't think that's the driver. Bottom line sales is the driver. A lot of people are buying a PS5 and Xbox Series x this fall/winter. That said, EA would be motivated to ensure their release date of '21 can capitalize on all consoles both old and new. IMO
  • net_rogue1 wrote: »
    @BruinsHockey08 although I agree with the statement, I don't think that's the driver. Bottom line sales is the driver. A lot of people are buying a PS5 and Xbox Series x this fall/winter. That said, EA would be motivated to ensure their release date of '21 can capitalize on all consoles both old and new. IMO

They made sure all the big titles are out on time