EA Forums - Banner

Rumor: Pastrnak NHL 21 Cover Athlete

GramerProfesur
549 posts Member
edited July 2020
So I've been confused about the numbers on the front of the NHL 21 cover, especially since some of the latest posts on here. I thought I remembered Madden having “code” on their placeholder covers as well and the EA Sports team is going with this style for all their covers. You could argue for or against this, but it really seems odd to me how this adds up. Dove into it a bit and this is what I found.

Top of Cover: 00.569.88.20. I don't know what 569 means yet (his birthdate is 25-5-96 so maybe it's a typo?), but 88 and 20 could very well mean Pastrnak, #88, 2020. The checkered flag next to it could be a nod to the fact that Pastrnak is Czech. Four EA Sports logos could indicate Pastrnak having a four goal game this season.

f6fvtdh52x95.jpeg

Side of Cover: Two "EA007 EA001" or two 8's = 88. 007 could be a reference to James Bond being a "sniper" as well, EA produced several James Bond games between 1999-2006z At first I thought FPS 180.0 could be an indicator of Frames Per Second, but as the game is not going to next-gen I don't believe this to be the case. Surprise, Pastrnak has exactly 180 career goals. 00.01039398 could be a code of some sort. 10 + 39 +39 is 88. 88 +8 is 96, which Pastrnak frequently uses on social media and worn while playing for Sodertalje in Allsvenskan. There is also a sniper's crosshair next to these numbers and as we know, Pastrnak is one of the premier snipers in the league.

9dpumr4oh94a.jpeg

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3285 posts Member
    Haha! Well done profesur, you are on to something here.. You deserve some rest now!
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Haha! Well done profesur, you are on to something here.. You deserve some rest now!

Thanks lol. I know it seems crazy to some people but I noticed this awhile ago. Maybe some of the numbers are a coincidence but 88.20 and a checkered flag? Like come on

Also I think I remember the placeholder for Madden having some sort of coding on it as well. The design they’re going with this year for all the covers is very “high tech” and they all look like .zip file and what not. Like it’s supposed to look raw.
  • Sega82mega
    3285 posts Member
    I would not be that surprise if you're right, but crazy calculated! :smiley:
  • Maybe EA should consider Colby Cave.
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Maybe EA should consider Colby Cave.

Would be nice but don’t think that’s going to happen. They’ll need a big name to sell copies to people who are casual hockey fans
  • EA_Blueberry
    4415 posts EA Community Manager
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lrteh1r8lu96zywaimpdr6c7jmo552zkpj9mq8m2&rid=giphy.gif
  • giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lrteh1r8lu96zywaimpdr6c7jmo552zkpj9mq8m2&rid=giphy.gif

I expect a shoutout when it’s unveiled

ezgft1lql8az.jpeg