EA Forums - Banner

Cannot play online game modes in NHL 20 for 2 days now. Please help!

Trying to play HUT and World Of Chel but this against racism popup keeps appearing, preventing me to enter game modes. Please help! I tried uninstalling, deleting cache and other files, restarting application and it's still happening.

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3062 posts Member
    Do you even want to play the game anymore?
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Do you even want to play the game anymore?

Yes I still do as I'm doing tournaments. There is still 3 months until NHL 21 so I have no choice when this is the only hockey game that feels somewhat like the real thing.
  • EA_Aljo
    2632 posts EA Community Manager
    Trying to play HUT and World Of Chel but this against racism popup keeps appearing, preventing me to enter game modes. Please help! I tried uninstalling, deleting cache and other files, restarting application and it's still happening.

Thanks for letting us know about this. What system are you playing on?
  • PS4. Has happened on Xbox One also. It's a glitch that occurs from time to time from what I was told. Thanks you so much for replying!
  • EA_Aljo
    PS4. Has happened on Xbox One also. It's a glitch that occurs from time to time from what I was told. Thanks you so much for replying!

No problem. Glad to try to help. I'm assuming you've power cycled your modem, router and PS4. If not, do that now. Also, try restoring your licenses with these instructions. Also, rebuild your database with the steps here. Let me know what happens.
  • I have tried all those. Was able to play a few games today, until it did the same thing over.
  • EA_Aljo
    I have tried all those. Was able to play a few games today, until it did the same thing over.

Just so I understand you right, the message stops for a few games, but then starts occurring again and if you hit the button to get rid of it, it just reappears? What screen are you on when it pops up?
  • Usually when I click on an online game mode, such as HUT or Chel.
  • EA_Aljo
    Usually when I click on an online game mode, such as HUT or Chel.

Do you mean when you first go into the mode or it's happening with every click when you're in an online mode?
  • Every click I try to go in an online mode.
  • EA_Aljo
    edited July 2020
    Every click I try to go in an online mode.

That is intended for now. When entering an online mode, you should get it once. Then, when moving to another online mode, you may get it, but it still should only be happening once and not repeating over and over again in the same mode when you click to close it.