EA Forums - Banner

Optimism Sets In For NHL 21

Really hoping NHL 21 is going to be a big step up from the last few seasons of EA Sports NHL. If it's anything like the last titles consider me opting out.

Big changes are needed.

Bring back community lobbies and indoor drop-in hockey, along the option to change jerseys from different leagues.

Make Be A Pro more authentic and less repetitive

Bring back the Allstar game

Fix the bugs like the A.I error, DR errors, Looping, and the CR glitch.

If players troll, put in a feature where they get timed out after a kick, few more times they get suspended from servers. Kind of like how Rainbow Six Siege is.

Fix the goalies, so they react quicker to blocker shots from the center hashmarks. It's been the easiest way to score for years and has become a major exploit.

There is a list of things I could go on about, but we are paying good money for these games and would expect something decent out of it. NHL 19/20 were basically BETA's considering how atrocious they were.

Replies

• Keep your head up.. I can feel Its in the air.. Something big is coming! 😉
  • Poke checks need to cause less trips -
  • 78kdifb0zcsr.jpeg
  • lphabsfan wrote: »
    78kdifb0zcsr.jpeg

Sadly it isn't! Lmao taking a hiatus from buying this game until indoor drop-in hockey is back and the gameplay is fixed. Funny how they say realistic gameplay isn't always authentic in a video game, yet I have played many EA NHL titles where it simulates real hockey. The PS3/Xbox 360 era did. We even had the Allstar game available, and Live The Life was amazing. Just excuses!
  • Poke checks need to cause less trips -

people really do need to learn when they can and cannot poke check. I play full time on LD and rarely get a poke check/trip penalty any more because I am much more careful when I do it. I will agree this was a really bad problem at one time but it's not so much now. I mean sometimes there are questionable ones but nowadays I find this is USUALLY user error.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I dont think there should be less trips - but I do think the stick could be a little bit more useful. DSS should be a bigger threat against the offense then it is. If im skate backward and at the same time holding out DSS, a forward should be challenge to do something creative, not just think he can get away with a straight line deke.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I dont think there should be less trips - but I do think the stick could be a little bit more useful. DSS should be a bigger threat against the offense then it is. If im skate backward and at the same time holding out DSS, a forward should be challenge to do something creative, not just think he can get away with a straight line deke.

Especially if skating through me with my stick held out will result in me getting a penalty...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Yeah, thats off the hook! Its your area, the forward is the one that search you up, then he should get punished, not you for holding your ground!
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Poke checks need to cause less trips -

people really do need to learn when they can and cannot poke check. I play full time on LD and rarely get a poke check/trip penalty any more because I am much more careful when I do it. I will agree this was a really bad problem at one time but it's not so much now. I mean sometimes there are questionable ones but nowadays I find this is USUALLY user error.

Hey , I also play primarily defense also. I rarely get called neither.

It took a while to recognize certain times you can’t poke... even though in real hockey you would.

I believe it should be more lenient or players should just not be able to move to unbelievably quick.
  • Rather than everything new, I would rather remove everything that every fan hates this series: cut scenes, facial expressions in cutscenes, LT glitch, repeats, etc ... And I would announce exactly that I am removing it with a large banner with a black background and a bright green font with the largest font. Then I believe a lot of us will be positive.