EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: NHL21 Wishlist (World of CHEL-specific)

2Next

Replies

• For 6v6 Club Games please make it minimum 4 human controlled players.
    For 3 or less there's 3v3.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    482 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I play on a 2 man team, sometimes 3 - If CR is to be individually calculated, they need to completely revamp how they actually grade players.

My team couldn't have gotten to 30th overall without our players playing outside of their builds all the time. W/L isn't a perfect way to guage CR but at least it meant I didn't have to worry about being in a spot the game thinks I should be

I saw that survey -- No reason why we can't have both attribute points AND crossplay. I don't like how you shadily make those two "either or" options
  • > @TTZ_Dipsy said:
    > I play on a 2 man team, sometimes 3 - If CR is to be individually calculated, they need to completely revamp how they actually grade players.
    >
    > My team couldn't have gotten to 30th overall without our players playing outside of their builds all the time. W/L isn't a perfect way to guage CR but at least it meant I didn't have to worry about being in a spot the game thinks I should be
    >
    > I saw that survey -- No reason why we can't have both attribute points AND crossplay. I don't like how you shadily make those two "either or" options

CR, Elo, etc. works fine for Versus, as these were intended for 1v1 games. They probably use Glicko2 which was an improvement of the Elo rating system, and initially intended for the primary use as a chess rating system.

For team modes they need to revamp the CR system and base it off Positional play, points, hits, ect., get away from Win/Loss.
  • The trouble is - if too many factors can affect your rating, it'd be rather easy to tank specific stats so you can constantly beat up on true noobs. Positioning is my worry since, like I said, I'm forced to be in 10 places at once because the AI can't be trusted.

In a 6v6 match? Definitely make position count
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Bring back shot aiming/trajectory system from previous series, because this one in NHL 20 is so uncomfortable and annoying, especially in EASHL mode. In NHL 20, the aim is blocked after we push the right analog stick to make a shot and then we can't change the aim. Let us decide where we want to shoot (direction and height) to the last moment, when the puck leaves the blade.
    EDIT: Unless it's back in NHL 21. We'll see tomorrow ;)
    Post edited by MiIczar on
  • Ya CR can be very punishing in EASHL. It does not appear to matter how well you play in a losing game (or a winning one probably for that matter). I would be very curious to have someone from EA weigh in on how it is actually calculated, because beyond the obvious consideration for the differential in total CR between the two teams, the calculation is more or less a black box. I am not sure if there is any more to it or not.

I think the amount you are rewarded or punished should also be based on how well you played.

I would propose that two calculations are performed:

"Lump sum" Team CR
    The overall combined CR of each team is a crude measure of how the game figures out what *should* have happened. Using this number the game then can calculate how much the losing team should lose and how much the winning team should gain. This would be based on comparing the total CR of the two teams and the predicted outcome against the actual outcome.

The actual outcome would be calculated as a product of win/loss, goal differential, shots and hits say. Consider this an opening for discussion/debate on how this would be calculated - this is stream of consciousness stuff atm lol.

Once the amounts of team CR have been calculated (negative for the losing team, positive for the winning team), this CR is then distributed amongst the players based on the individual performance.

The players who play well should gain more (and lose less) CR than those who do not.

One simple way this could be determined is to look at either the overall game results "grade" for each player and compare, to get a relative measure of how each player (based on their position) contributed to the win/loss

Alternately, a more complicated system would be that If a team loses because they cannot score, the forwards should lose more CR. If the forwards score adequately (open to interpretation) but the team loses because they give up a lot of shots (that result in goals, especially from high % scoring areas), the D should lose more. If the team loses because they are scored on because of bad goalie positioning or low percentage shots going in, the goalie loses more.

These are just some ideas. I am sure people could come up with more, and better ideas. I am just tired as a defenseman in dropins, of playing a good game and losing a ton of CR because we the forwards cannot score or the goalie was terrible.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • SahioX
    101 posts Member
    WOC
    • Removal of outdoor rinks/goof equipement
    • If outdoor is kept, make the lighting consistent and not allow the shadow' as part of a camouflage zone
    • Why is it that the teams are black vs white, but the logos are the bottom are blue/orange?
    • In no instances should a player be benched or in the penalty box and an AI on the ice. RW always gets the shaft in this regard.
    • A better positioning reading by the 'coach' (AI auto-kick) that would assess all position and where they should be regardless of if someone is covering. The AI should be able, now, to understand when this is a rush play/pinch, vs LD just cherry picking at the blue line.
    • A way to cull back own-goals by trolls - bench the player for 3 mins game-time
    • Have Penalties be real time instead of 5-v-5 clock speed
    • Have the last minute of periods be real time (making the whole period ~5 min instead of 4)
    Gameplay
    • Defensive skill stick should be on the RS at all times and not using R1/RB
    • Ability to extend the stick without forward jerks
    • Feedback from the controller when contact is made with the puck and/or the player (soft for puck, hard for player) as to be able to gauge our stick
    • R1/RB should be the modifier for Body Checking, similar to the 'Custom' scheme from a while back.
    • Revise the whole Goalie controls and learning curve. Right now, you have very little 'average' goalies. Either you are really good or down right terrible. Compared to the Skater positions, an average player will have some mitigated success, but will be able to impact the game positively somewhat. An average player playing Goalie will ruin the game because the position is too unforgiving.
    Franchose
    • Historical records and when they are broken
    • Trophies page in players' bio
    • Simplify the coach system, in terms of placing coaches in Interim spot, which would allow to sign a Head Coach even if the position is taken by an Interim.
    • End of career players logic - have some super stars die in the AHL a few seasons down doesn't make sense. Players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Price, etc will never agree to AHL and will retire before being sent down.
    • Trade logic has to be improved. It was tested in videos that AI will never agree to a 50% retain, even against 5 first round picks.
    • Contract negotiations needs to be fluid, not just 'here's the number' and 3 days later 'well, I went with the other team'
    • We should be able to start conversation with players and coaches
    • Scout should pop-up their reports, not me having to scroll through 5 menues to get the information I asked.
    • Ability to retire number - either 'block' or 'retire'. Block wouldn't allow players to automatically take that number other than manually, and Retire would allow a cut scene at the beginning of a game with the banner.
    • There is travel periods for scouts, this should be expanded to players via trade and call ups/downs.
    • Ability to create players and modify them once the season is started.
    • Bring back training focuses.
    Be A Pro
    I understand that BAP will be very different, but these still applies, I think.
    • Historical records and when they are broken, including commentary.
    • Trophies page in players' bio
    • Contract negotiations needs to be fluid, I should be able to set the number of years and my salary.
    • Points vs ice-time, lines, trades, etc. needs to be reviewed. Don,t send down the top scorer in the NHL by a margin, come on...
    • Ability to talk to FA players to try and persuade them to join your team
    • Have the option to choose your number - why is it that I'm the current Hart trophy winner, and I have to leave my favored number to an extra?
  • IceLion68
    1233 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    SahioX wrote: »
    WOC
    • In no instances should a player be benched or in the penalty box and an AI on the ice. RW always gets the shaft in this regard.
    Even for fighting?

I actually think this is a good anti-griefing measure when someone is determined to be trolling or has very bad team play.

EDIT: OK you actually said this also LOL :thumbsup:
    Good list tho
  • SahioX
    101 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    WOC
    Even for fighting?

I actually think this is a good anti-griefing measure when someone is determined to be trolling or has very bad team play.

Good list tho

I mean, an unpenalized player :p This happened to me this week-end : LD gets a 2 min board and a 5 for fighting, I'm sitting in the box (RW) purging his 2 min, while there is an AI on the ice... Then another guy takes a penalty, and I end up on the bench (even if I was purging the penalty?), Still, there is an AI on the ice.
  • SahioX wrote: »
    WOC
    Even for fighting?

Good list tho

I mean, an unpenalized player :p This happened to me this week-end : LD gets a 2 min board and a 5 for fighting, I'm sitting in the box (RW) purging his 2 min, while there is an AI on the ice... Then another guy takes a penalty, and I end up on the bench (even if I was purging the penalty?), Still, there is an AI on the ice.

Dang dude - crappy luck there. It's been awhile since I have seen that happen. Sounds like you need some better quality people to play with.
  • SahioX
    101 posts Member
    WOC
    Even for fighting?

Good list tho

Dang dude - crappy luck there. It's been awhile since I have seen that happen. Sounds like you need some better quality people to play with.

Nah, LD was cool, and part of the EA-penalty scheme. I blame the game, not the player.
  • SahioX wrote: »
    WOC
    Even for fighting?

Good list tho

Nah, LD was cool, and part of the EA-penalty scheme. I blame the game, not the player.

Stupid Teal! Am I right? :lol: (I am a full time LD LOL)