EA Forums - Banner

Roster Sharing (NHL 21)

We need roster sharing in NHL 21! Don’t know why this is such a complicated request that has been made. Every other sports game has it for years and years. Community has created a lot of great content that needs to be shared with each other. No longer do people complain about how the players attributes are wrong or they’re wearing the wrong equipment. People can play franchise right away without having to wait until December to buy the game.

Really wish @NHLDev would give us an answer if it’s in or not and if not, why?

Replies

• yeah honestly i’d just like to know why it’s not in the game at this point
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    yeah honestly i’d just like to know why it’s not in the game at this point

The reasoning that some use that it cuts down on sales is a joke. Madden is relatively the same game every year, has roster sharing, and has not experienced decreased sales.

EVERY sports game has it. Smaller team or not get it done.
  • "I told you! If we give you guys roster sharing, what will make you come back and buy every year? We can only add so many hoodies, cellies and cool CHEL swag in WOC bruh now let's make some TikToks"

- EA Rep probably
  • Aside from major gameplay improvements, roster sharing is the only thing that would get me to buy the game.
  • Rozsos27 wrote: »
    Aside from major gameplay improvements, roster sharing is the only thing that would get me to buy the game.

I know many that have made fully custom rosters (including myself) and it would absolutely change the game

Not just talking about attributes. Every alumni you could possibly want including whole teams, correct equipment, faces, etc.
  • I guess I’m the one fool here that thinks they put roster sharing in this year just haven’t announced it yet.
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Beauts90 wrote: »
    I guess I’m the one fool here that thinks they put roster sharing in this year just haven’t announced it yet.

I’m right there with you, feel like it would backfire so hard if they didn’t seeing how much the “big” NHL youtubers guys have talked about it. Just doubting now since that should be one of the first things confirmed..

Would love to have confirmation. Make it an instant pre-order for a lot of people
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    If they were smart they’d put roster sharing in for nhl 21 but then say it won’t carry over to nhl 22 on the new consoles so they guarantee you buy nhl 21 and nhl 22 for the new consoles. Then when nhl 23 is coming out they will take it out saying not enough people wanted it according to their investigating.

This would be stupid since everyone wants it. This would be similar to the GM Connected discussion, except for the fact that GM Connected probably wasn't played all that often because the experience was super slow.

I think GM Connected could really take off these days with people having faster and much more sturdy internet speeds. The only question is would EA pay for the proper servers it would need to make GM Connected truly successful? And no one would know that until that day comes. Assuming however that it does.

I think EA deserves much more backlash for not making the Madden Franchise mode what it use to be back on PS2, 15 years ago. There's no excuse for that. I understand that they couldn't port it over but a decade and a half is more than enough time to get that mode back to where it use to be.

Why do I bring that topic up you ask? Because that mode was great, it worked and it should've been added back as quickly as possible. Now Madden (in my opinion) has the worst franchise mode in sports video games. GM Connected was broken, it was slow and it had bugs and I'm not surprised that people didn't use it.

If EA was able to get that mode on stable ground, it could've and in my opinion would've been a very popular mode. It's too bad that EA didn't get that mode up to speed because it had loads of potential to be an awesome mode and still has that same potential.

I just wonder if the developers realize what they have sitting there at their disposal to draw in more players. GM Connected can be a game selling feature if they ever added it back. I know I'd play it and I'm not even an online player but a mode like that would be a ton of fun to play with the right people.
  • Would love to be able to take created teams from old games to the new game. Make line a “uniform vault” kind of lime teambuilder and let me download my 20 > 21. Wishful thinking, I know.
  • Why can’t ea just answer it either way? They lied about the legends/alumni in nhl 19 and ignored multiple questions about it. Why can’t the just say yes or no and if no, give a good reason why?
  • Why can’t ea just answer it either way? They lied about the legends/alumni in nhl 19 and ignored multiple questions about it. Why can’t the just say yes or no and if no, give a good reason why?

Because it’s probably not in the game this year lol

Yeah im still salty over that one. Blatant disrespect for their customers, and should have been hit with false advertisement to boot since it was listed right on the games case.