EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21: World of Chel Notes

Replies

  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting too much, so I am kinda positively surprised they have even these new features for CHEL (especially from club point of view).

    I mean team practice, it's huge for me- ok it's just reintroducing it really - but still. Those season and rating thing I am not sure about, they sound interesting though. There's little more variables and apparently new ones are introduced during seasons?

    Having you goalie play the 6th guy when you take the goalie out is nice to have, the AI player just stood in the way anyways...

    EDIT: oh right, you can't practice defence as such..... :s

    Unless you play against AI and let it attack all the time. That's not very useful for EASHL clubs...I was hoping we could divide the team to offence & defence and then practice among ourselves...

    Not having defensemen control in Open practice was a tough decision we had to make unfortunately. Our dressing room wasn’t quite setup to handle multiple teams being formed from the single team dressing room. We moved goalies to always be on the opposing team for example but some clubs may want defensemen in the offensive side to practice one timers or cycle plays while others may want them on the defensive side. It’s something we were quite aware of when building practice so we hope to address that sometime in the future when we get more time to build upon the practice mode types.

    Defensemen are an integral part of a hockey team. Not having them be included in a "Practice mode" where you're supposed to practice with your "team" kinda negates the entire purpose of having said "TEAM Practice" mode.

    On the flip side, this makes EA look extremely bad. People have been saying for YEARS that you guys only care about Offense. By doing this you're practically proving it. If it was that difficult to put in the defense into the mode, then why not have just NOT included it? Just have FREE skate, let everyone from the team (up to 6 players) load into an empty arena and let them just do what they want. When you guys figure out how to properly include d-men into a practice mode (most likely next gen sometime), put it into the game.

    This just makes NO sense...

    It’s not quite as simple as just putting them in and letting people do what they want. Gameplay rules somewhat dictate what you can and cannot do vs your teammates or opponents. For example, you cannot stick lift your teammate currently.

    Also I never said defensemen aren’t include. I just said we had to choose one case over the other. You can still lock to a defenseman and participate on shooting on the goalie.
    Again this is for open practice, you can play in a full game against the AI as well in Scrimmage.

    No no he's saying you care very little about the defensive side of the game. Offense got more tools and defense doesn't seem to have anything. I'm personally fine with it, but seems the other 10 forum people here aren't.

    What does that tell you? If only one out of "10" as you put it are happy with it, then that should say something. I personally think they should just remove defenseman, defensive tools, and goalies altogether though. Thats the hockey i watch on tv.

    These forums are probably the smallest voice in all of the communities. 1 out of 10 tells me this community voice is small compared to Youtube followings, esports scene, organized league voices. Thus not a great representation.

    Lol reddit, fb, twitter....i see all the same stuff there. Ea always uses that excuse that were not the only place they get feedback but ive checked those other places too and its MOSTLY negative feedback. Either way 1 out of 10 is terrible.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting too much, so I am kinda positively surprised they have even these new features for CHEL (especially from club point of view).

    I mean team practice, it's huge for me- ok it's just reintroducing it really - but still. Those season and rating thing I am not sure about, they sound interesting though. There's little more variables and apparently new ones are introduced during seasons?

    Having you goalie play the 6th guy when you take the goalie out is nice to have, the AI player just stood in the way anyways...

    EDIT: oh right, you can't practice defence as such..... :s

    Unless you play against AI and let it attack all the time. That's not very useful for EASHL clubs...I was hoping we could divide the team to offence & defence and then practice among ourselves...

    Not having defensemen control in Open practice was a tough decision we had to make unfortunately. Our dressing room wasn’t quite setup to handle multiple teams being formed from the single team dressing room. We moved goalies to always be on the opposing team for example but some clubs may want defensemen in the offensive side to practice one timers or cycle plays while others may want them on the defensive side. It’s something we were quite aware of when building practice so we hope to address that sometime in the future when we get more time to build upon the practice mode types.

    Defensemen are an integral part of a hockey team. Not having them be included in a "Practice mode" where you're supposed to practice with your "team" kinda negates the entire purpose of having said "TEAM Practice" mode.

    On the flip side, this makes EA look extremely bad. People have been saying for YEARS that you guys only care about Offense. By doing this you're practically proving it. If it was that difficult to put in the defense into the mode, then why not have just NOT included it? Just have FREE skate, let everyone from the team (up to 6 players) load into an empty arena and let them just do what they want. When you guys figure out how to properly include d-men into a practice mode (most likely next gen sometime), put it into the game.

    This just makes NO sense...

    It’s not quite as simple as just putting them in and letting people do what they want. Gameplay rules somewhat dictate what you can and cannot do vs your teammates or opponents. For example, you cannot stick lift your teammate currently.

    Also I never said defensemen aren’t include. I just said we had to choose one case over the other. You can still lock to a defenseman and participate on shooting on the goalie.
    Again this is for open practice, you can play in a full game against the AI as well in Scrimmage.

    No no he's saying you care very little about the defensive side of the game. Offense got more tools and defense doesn't seem to have anything. I'm personally fine with it, but seems the other 10 forum people here aren't.

    What does that tell you? If only one out of "10" as you put it are happy with it, then that should say something. I personally think they should just remove defenseman, defensive tools, and goalies altogether though. Thats the hockey i watch on tv.

    These forums are probably the smallest voice in all of the communities. 1 out of 10 tells me this community voice is small compared to Youtube followings, esports scene, organized league voices. Thus not a great representation.

    Also, those are the EXACT people they SHOULDNT listen to but do because those streamers are free advertisement year round. If they arent happy, they wont shamelessly plug packs and EA will lose money. Its obvious though that 1 out of 10 is about right and the consistently listen to that ONE instead of the other NINE.
  • Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting too much, so I am kinda positively surprised they have even these new features for CHEL (especially from club point of view).

    I mean team practice, it's huge for me- ok it's just reintroducing it really - but still. Those season and rating thing I am not sure about, they sound interesting though. There's little more variables and apparently new ones are introduced during seasons?

    Having you goalie play the 6th guy when you take the goalie out is nice to have, the AI player just stood in the way anyways...

    EDIT: oh right, you can't practice defence as such..... :s

    Unless you play against AI and let it attack all the time. That's not very useful for EASHL clubs...I was hoping we could divide the team to offence & defence and then practice among ourselves...

    Not having defensemen control in Open practice was a tough decision we had to make unfortunately. Our dressing room wasn’t quite setup to handle multiple teams being formed from the single team dressing room. We moved goalies to always be on the opposing team for example but some clubs may want defensemen in the offensive side to practice one timers or cycle plays while others may want them on the defensive side. It’s something we were quite aware of when building practice so we hope to address that sometime in the future when we get more time to build upon the practice mode types.

    Defensemen are an integral part of a hockey team. Not having them be included in a "Practice mode" where you're supposed to practice with your "team" kinda negates the entire purpose of having said "TEAM Practice" mode.

    On the flip side, this makes EA look extremely bad. People have been saying for YEARS that you guys only care about Offense. By doing this you're practically proving it. If it was that difficult to put in the defense into the mode, then why not have just NOT included it? Just have FREE skate, let everyone from the team (up to 6 players) load into an empty arena and let them just do what they want. When you guys figure out how to properly include d-men into a practice mode (most likely next gen sometime), put it into the game.

    This just makes NO sense...

    It’s not quite as simple as just putting them in and letting people do what they want. Gameplay rules somewhat dictate what you can and cannot do vs your teammates or opponents. For example, you cannot stick lift your teammate currently.

    Also I never said defensemen aren’t include. I just said we had to choose one case over the other. You can still lock to a defenseman and participate on shooting on the goalie.
    Again this is for open practice, you can play in a full game against the AI as well in Scrimmage.

    No no he's saying you care very little about the defensive side of the game. Offense got more tools and defense doesn't seem to have anything. I'm personally fine with it, but seems the other 10 forum people here aren't.

    What does that tell you? If only one out of "10" as you put it are happy with it, then that should say something. I personally think they should just remove defenseman, defensive tools, and goalies altogether though. Thats the hockey i watch on tv.

    These forums are probably the smallest voice in all of the communities. 1 out of 10 tells me this community voice is small compared to Youtube followings, esports scene, organized league voices. Thus not a great representation.

    Lol reddit, fb, twitter....i see all the same stuff there. Ea always uses that excuse that were not the only place they get feedback but ive checked those other places too and its MOSTLY negative feedback. Either way 1 out of 10 is terrible.

    We live in a world where complaining is always shown over praising. So when sifting thru things you look for the honest well thought out discussion and how they want changes instead of.... "your game is bad" *shows video but doesn't explain what they feel should be the result*

    There has been a couple of times where they explained videos back to people and they didn't like the answers. You gotta accept it soon or later.

    Just like in the US we have representatives that help speak for the communities. Whether you like it or not.

    Oh btw let's go with the running gag.

    Hey @NHL_ONL_Producer did you know people want GM Connected to return? I just heard about it apparently.
  • lol yes we have heard the ask for GMC and for custom player builds in WOC. I saw the poll as well but we also have to weigh in that maybe 5k people responded to that poll and that’s a very small fraction of our total user base. I’ve also heard feedback from people that our current build and player class structure is pretty easy to understand so we have to take that into account as well. Having a more customize experience for some makes is too cumbersome for others. As we move forward we will be aware of the asks from both sides.
  • lol yes we have heard the ask for GMC and for custom player builds in WOC. I saw the poll as well but we also have to weigh in that maybe 5k people responded to that poll and that’s a very small fraction of our total user base. I’ve also heard feedback from people that our current build and player class structure is pretty easy to understand so we have to take that into account as well. Having a more customize experience for some makes is too cumbersome for others. As we move forward we will be aware of the asks from both sides.

    So how about putting the polls in game so EVERYONE can voice their opinion and we wont have this whole "they said on twitter and reddit". No wed have cold hard stats from anyone playing the game (but since i dint trust EA, the poll needs to be public). These also are not things weve been asking for since just last year.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting too much, so I am kinda positively surprised they have even these new features for CHEL (especially from club point of view).

    I mean team practice, it's huge for me- ok it's just reintroducing it really - but still. Those season and rating thing I am not sure about, they sound interesting though. There's little more variables and apparently new ones are introduced during seasons?

    Having you goalie play the 6th guy when you take the goalie out is nice to have, the AI player just stood in the way anyways...

    EDIT: oh right, you can't practice defence as such..... :s

    Unless you play against AI and let it attack all the time. That's not very useful for EASHL clubs...I was hoping we could divide the team to offence & defence and then practice among ourselves...

    Not having defensemen control in Open practice was a tough decision we had to make unfortunately. Our dressing room wasn’t quite setup to handle multiple teams being formed from the single team dressing room. We moved goalies to always be on the opposing team for example but some clubs may want defensemen in the offensive side to practice one timers or cycle plays while others may want them on the defensive side. It’s something we were quite aware of when building practice so we hope to address that sometime in the future when we get more time to build upon the practice mode types.

    Defensemen are an integral part of a hockey team. Not having them be included in a "Practice mode" where you're supposed to practice with your "team" kinda negates the entire purpose of having said "TEAM Practice" mode.

    On the flip side, this makes EA look extremely bad. People have been saying for YEARS that you guys only care about Offense. By doing this you're practically proving it. If it was that difficult to put in the defense into the mode, then why not have just NOT included it? Just have FREE skate, let everyone from the team (up to 6 players) load into an empty arena and let them just do what they want. When you guys figure out how to properly include d-men into a practice mode (most likely next gen sometime), put it into the game.

    This just makes NO sense...

    It’s not quite as simple as just putting them in and letting people do what they want. Gameplay rules somewhat dictate what you can and cannot do vs your teammates or opponents. For example, you cannot stick lift your teammate currently.

    Also I never said defensemen aren’t include. I just said we had to choose one case over the other. You can still lock to a defenseman and participate on shooting on the goalie.
    Again this is for open practice, you can play in a full game against the AI as well in Scrimmage.

    No no he's saying you care very little about the defensive side of the game. Offense got more tools and defense doesn't seem to have anything. I'm personally fine with it, but seems the other 10 forum people here aren't.

    What does that tell you? If only one out of "10" as you put it are happy with it, then that should say something. I personally think they should just remove defenseman, defensive tools, and goalies altogether though. Thats the hockey i watch on tv.

    These forums are probably the smallest voice in all of the communities. 1 out of 10 tells me this community voice is small compared to Youtube followings, esports scene, organized league voices. Thus not a great representation.

    Lol reddit, fb, twitter....i see all the same stuff there. Ea always uses that excuse that were not the only place they get feedback but ive checked those other places too and its MOSTLY negative feedback. Either way 1 out of 10 is terrible.

    We live in a world where complaining is always shown over praising. So when sifting thru things you look for the honest well thought out discussion and how they want changes instead of.... "your game is bad" *shows video but doesn't explain what they feel should be the result*

    There has been a couple of times where they explained videos back to people and they didn't like the answers. You gotta accept it soon or later.

    Just like in the US we have representatives that help speak for the communities. Whether you like it or not.

    Oh btw let's go with the running gag.

    Hey @NHL_ONL_Producer did you know people want GM Connected to return? I just heard about it apparently.

    Lol for years discussions and videos have been on here to explain whats bad. Instead of saying oh well look into it, instead they tell us its OUR FAULT for not playing right. Im sorry but when im using the fundamentals that hockey players learn at age 7, and told that IM the one not playing the game right....theres a problem. Also these "discussions and videos" go nowhere except to remind us that they hear us, but flat out ignore it so they can listen to the guys with a big fan following praise the game and drive pack sales.

    Honestly HUT is a cancer to this game. As soon as HUT came it became the primary focus and all other areas of the game suffer. Cant get into games for 4 days cus servers are messed up? Ehh theyll fix it when they get to it but ONE person on reddit says the hut store is down and i see ea employees all over it like flies on crap. They couldnt be more obvious about their priorities and they literally lie and throw it in our faces.
  • D19Box
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    D19Box wrote: »
    @NHLDev quick question; it says players ranks reset after each "season" then you try to work your way back up. Do club ranks do the same? That way you may end up in a different Club Finals each time, depending on which division you get to?

    That’s correct, when the season isn’t in the Club Finals state, you will progress in the regular season divisions which you can go up and down. It’s possible to go up or down in the qualified cup you will play in during the next Club Finals.

    Thank you for the response. That somewhat answers my question. I guess I shoulda worded my question better. At the end of a Club Finals/season it says individual player ranks reset to zero and you then try to rank back up all over again the next season.

    So, on a team level, let's say your club is in the All-Star level Club Finals. Once that seasons club finals is over does your club then reset to Rookie Cup level and you try to rank back up again like it does on the individual level? Or, does your club remain at the same level it attained in the previous season?

    Hope that clarifies and hope I didn't interpret your initial response incorrectly. Again, appreciate the response.

    Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com
  • D19Box wrote: »
    D19Box wrote: »
    @NHLDev quick question; it says players ranks reset after each "season" then you try to work your way back up. Do club ranks do the same? That way you may end up in a different Club Finals each time, depending on which division you get to?

    That’s correct, when the season isn’t in the Club Finals state, you will progress in the regular season divisions which you can go up and down. It’s possible to go up or down in the qualified cup you will play in during the next Club Finals.

    Thank you for the response. That somewhat answers my question. I guess I shoulda worded my question better. At the end of a Club Finals/season it says individual player ranks reset to zero and you then try to rank back up all over again the next season.

    So, on a team level, let's say your club is in the All-Star level Club Finals. Once that seasons club finals is over does your club then reset to Rookie Cup level and you try to rank back up again like it does on the individual level? Or, does your club remain at the same level it attained in the previous season?

    Hope that clarifies and hope I didn't interpret your initial response incorrectly. Again, appreciate the response.

    Ah I see what you mean, no your club’s regular season division doesn’t reset, so no need to work your way back up to Division 1 for example
  • I only ever saw 3 posts related to pulling your goalie on here and AHQ (1 of those was mine showing you could actually pull the opposing G lol), so I find it weird how fast this flies up the priority ladder -- is there any point to me posting feedback if they are just gonna pick and choose whatever is easiest for them to work on?

    Do I need to just spam Clappy on Twitter or sift through the toxic reddit swamp instead if I wanna be heard?

  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I only ever saw 3 posts related to pulling your goalie on here and AHQ (1 of those was mine showing you could actually pull the opposing G lol), so I find it weird how fast this flies up the priority ladder -- is there any point to me posting feedback if they are just gonna pick and choose whatever is easiest for them to work on?

    Do I need to just spam Clappy on Twitter or sift through the toxic reddit swamp instead if I wanna be heard?

    This. Some of these things they do (ahem outdoor arenas for chel) are never asked for and often asked to be removed anyways, so why not ACTUALLY work on what the community begs for every year. I get it theres only so much that can be done in a year but thats their problem. Not ours. And when they cherry pick stuff like this it feels like bigger issues just get ignored on purpose.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I only ever saw 3 posts related to pulling your goalie on here and AHQ (1 of those was mine showing you could actually pull the opposing G lol), so I find it weird how fast this flies up the priority ladder -- is there any point to me posting feedback if they are just gonna pick and choose whatever is easiest for them to work on?

    Do I need to just spam Clappy on Twitter or sift through the toxic reddit swamp instead if I wanna be heard?

    The 6's community wanted it fixed and they are a big important part of the game. Esports for them is a thing and organized leagues that help promote the game. You can message him if you want. Don't worry though they already know so many of the things because they do read the various areas.... it's just not that high of a priority in many cases.
  • NHL_ONL_Producer
    125 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited August 2020
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    I only ever saw 3 posts related to pulling your goalie on here and AHQ (1 of those was mine showing you could actually pull the opposing G lol), so I find it weird how fast this flies up the priority ladder -- is there any point to me posting feedback if they are just gonna pick and choose whatever is easiest for them to work on?

    Do I need to just spam Clappy on Twitter or sift through the toxic reddit swamp instead if I wanna be heard?
    I won’t go into how we decide to work on a feature and when, but in the goalie pull case most of the functionality was done a few years back when we tried to implement it but there was a bug where goalie stats weren’t being logged after they were switched to skater so we had to revert at that time. For this year it was just a bug fix to bring it back. Sometimes there are low hanging fruit and we can quickly do small things like this to improve the game.

  • > @NHL_ONL_Producer said:
    > (Quote)
    > I won’t go into how we decide to work on a feature and when, but in the goalie pull case most of the functionality was done a few years back when we tried to implement it but there was a bug where goalie stats weren’t being logged after they were switched to skater so we had to revert at that time. For this year it was just a bug fix to bring it back. Sometimes there are low hanging fruit and we can quickly do small things like this to improve the game.




    Im glad that you guys added a form of a practice mode, but I would think adding human defenders would be some of the lowest hanging fruit around with that high of a payoff. Can you confirm this is something that will be added back in for NHL 21? I just want to get my friends in the game and I dont know if I'm supposed to wait another 6 years for the rest of it :(
  • > @NHL_ONL_Producer said:
    > (Quote)
    > I won’t go into how we decide to work on a feature and when, but in the goalie pull case most of the functionality was done a few years back when we tried to implement it but there was a bug where goalie stats weren’t being logged after they were switched to skater so we had to revert at that time. For this year it was just a bug fix to bring it back. Sometimes there are low hanging fruit and we can quickly do small things like this to improve the game.




    Im glad that you guys added a form of a practice mode, but I would think adding human defenders would be some of the lowest hanging fruit around with that high of a payoff. Can you confirm this is something that will be added back in for NHL 21? I just want to get my friends in the game and I dont know if I'm supposed to wait another 6 years for the rest of it :(

    Unfortunately I can’t discuss what’s to come but I personally want to make practice more robust and intuitive longer term. What we accomplished for club practice I would consider foundational framework which we can build on.

  • > @NHL_ONL_Producer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Unfortunately I can’t discuss what’s to come but I personally want to make practice more robust and intuitive longer term. What we accomplished for club practice I would consider foundational framework which we can build on.

    Well I'm happy to hear that it's a priority over there, I'm sure it will get implemented sooner rather than later in the series then

    Thank you ONL
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    518 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Follisimo wrote: »

    The 6's community wanted it fixed and they are a big important part of the game. Esports for them is a thing and organized leagues that help promote the game. You can message him if you want. Don't worry though they already know so many of the things because they do read the various areas.... it's just not that high of a priority in many cases.

    I still think sitting on the bench should be part of thr punishment/shame but that's just me.

    For every 6 man team there are ten other 2 or 3 man teams so I think we should have somewhat of a say as well.

    I see 6 man teams as too many cooks in the kitchen whose chemistry is laughable at best; never lost a game against them. Thry claim we need to rely on AI (lol cmon) but we all know the cpu forwards and d men are pure garbage and need fixing
  • Follisimo
    1345 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »

    The 6's community wanted it fixed and they are a big important part of the game. Esports for them is a thing and organized leagues that help promote the game. You can message him if you want. Don't worry though they already know so many of the things because they do read the various areas.... it's just not that high of a priority in many cases.

    I still think sitting on the bench should be part of thr punishment/shame but that's just me.

    For every 6 man team there are ten other 2 or 3 man teams so I think we should have somewhat of a say as well.

    I see 6 man teams as too many cooks in the kitchen whose chemistry is laughable at best; never lost a game against them. Thry claim we need to rely on AI (lol cmon) but we all know the cpu forwards and d men are pure garbage and need fixing

    Sorry but imo if you aren't playing 6s there is no way to balance the game around you. 6s is the premiere pinnacle of gameplay. CPU is always questionable. You can say there is more 2s n 3s but it doesn't mean that they matter more. You don't see 2s n 3s esports...Nough said

    GL HF Enjoy the beta
    Post edited by Follisimo on
  • How bout different options for searching for club sizes? ie. Club sizes with +/- 1 player? I think most ppl are tired of searching relaxed with 5 members only to keep matching up with a team of 2.
  • No human defenders in club practice mode. MASSIVE bummer.

    n7FvJJM.jpg
    If this is true that would suck.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Kmahrle83 wrote: »
    Pretty much everything they added this year was stuff they took out before lol. And we get so excited to have OLD features back cus its something new...err...different.

    Yup, even the extra human attacker thing was in the game for a short time before lol
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.