EA Forums - Banner

Transitional skating is broken for NHL 21

Replies

• RSall14 wrote: »
    Easy no buy this year unless they have tuning or fixes in a "beta".

Definitely agree.. just hopped on NHL 20 this morning and it’s so so much more fluent.

They nerfed LT to stop spammers and instead made defense unplayable lol

Definitely agree.. just hopped on NHL 20 this morning and it’s so so much more fluent.

exactly what i said would happens.

happens every time with this game. when they put in a good mechanic that frankly is too good and easy to exploit, they have no ability to just fix the problem and instead make the game worse.

and you know what is funny? LT spam still happens on offense.

exactly what i said would happens.

happens every time with this game. when they put in a good mechanic that frankly is too good and easy to exploit, they have no ability to just fix the problem and instead make the game worse.

and you know what is funny? LT spam still happens on offense.

Lol. It absolutely does! I'm glad someone said it besides me, because I'm sure people are tired of hearing me complain, but LTing is being used a lot!

I can't wait until they allow people to record clips because I can't wait to show some craziness.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1321 posts Member
    edited September 7
    It's funny, I try a simple right stick deke with my two way forward, and the puck is dislodged from my stick. But these spinning heroes seem to be able to LT all day long with no problems?
  • Nxckles
    92 posts Member
    edited September 8
    The changes they made to skating reminds me of the NHL 17 skating engine, and I stopped playing that after a few months (and didn't play 18 either) because it was beyond frustrating how unresponsive and slow it felt playing online with 60+ ping.

I get why they made the changes they did, and I'll miss how smooth NHL 20's skating was, but I think something between the beta and NHL 20's skating could be a happy medium.
  • Being talked about on reddit recently.

https://old.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/ixy9sf/lets_talk_about_eas_decision_to_intentionally/

I'm so tired of this creating a skill gap by gimping the ability of the D-men to play a solid game. I'm glad it's still being discussed though and is just another reinforcement that I'm not touching NHL 21 with a 10-foot pole.

Keep digging your holes, EA. There'll be better games to play this fall/winter.
  • Sega82mega
    1926 posts Member
    edited September 23
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Being talked about on reddit recently.

https://old.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/ixy9sf/lets_talk_about_eas_decision_to_intentionally/

I'm so tired of this creating a skill gap by gimping the ability of the D-men to play a solid game. I'm glad it's still being discussed though and is just another reinforcement that I'm not touching NHL 21 with a 10-foot pole.

Im not gonna fight here, but im one of thoose that like this change, it made my game much more challenging, I could look for way to aggressive defenders and take advantage of that, I hope this change in the end is going to make defenders less aggressive and instead of going for a big hit, stay back abit and try to read the play abit more.

Can’t this be a little like when you bringing forth some new tradition..?
    it always takes some time for the old people to adjust and accept it..? But once they do, they come to realize, "this was not so bad"...

But I know you are a EASHL player Majjam, and I really dont know if this change made it worst for you guys. I just experienced it in 1vs1, and in that mode it really worked out. For me anyway.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »

It's a hopeless cause. The scrubs have won. Here's a conversation I had on Discord with the names of the "innocent" blocked out to protect their... umh... Innocence I guess:

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

I mean, what else is there to say at this point? Skill gap... Oy vey!
  • KidShowtime1867
    1297 posts Member
    edited September 23
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

It's a hopeless cause. The scrubs have won. Here's a conversation I had on Discord with the names of the "innocent" blocked out to protect their... umh... Innocence I guess:

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

FYI - your real-world hockey coaching "experience" does not apply to a videogame.
  • Tried to tell you for months you fight the hopeless fight and it's about the "right" people giving their feedback.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    Tried to tell you for months you fight the hopeless fight and it's about the "right" people giving their feedback.

So is that why you gave up the fight and now walk on the side of Angels? If that's so, then I would rather walk down the more difficult, darker path and keep fighting.

Better the Devil you know... And all that Jazz.

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

FYI - your real-world hockey coaching "experience" does not apply to a videogame.

Correction; my real world hockey experience doesn't work in EA's version of what passes for the sport of hockey. Funny enough my real world experience and knowledge of other sports work in other sports games. So we'll go play them instead and enjoy them, now won't we?

Wish that were possible with this joke of a game. Wouldn't need to spend my time complaining about it and just enjoy it like the other games I play. But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?
  • Stovetop9620
    455 posts Member
    edited September 23
    @VeNOM2099

Yeah dude, just turn to apathy. Give up. It's not cool fighting for what you believe in...

It was just said that your hockey IQ means nothing in a hockey game. I agree. You should incorporate foreign techniques and strategies into a hockey game. Remember, hockey is played by dumb people.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 23
    @VeNOM2099

Yeah dude, just turn to apathy. Give up. It's not cool fighting for what you believe in...

It was just said that your hockey IQ means nothing in a hockey game. I agree. You should incorporate foreign techniques and strategies into a hockey game. Remember, hockey is played by dumb people.

Well I do have over 35 years of experience playing Super Mario Bros and over 40 years of playing Pac-Man.

Hmmmmm... Never thought I'd have to use THOSE skills to play hockey in video game format.

"Thank you Mario! But Wayne Gretzky is in another Castle!"

;)
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Tried to tell you for months you fight the hopeless fight and it's about the "right" people giving their feedback.

So is that why you gave up the fight and now walk on the side of Angels? If that's so, then I would rather walk down the more difficult, darker path and keep fighting.

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

Correction; my real world hockey experience doesn't work in EA's version of what passes for the sport of hockey. Funny enough my real world experience and knowledge of other sports work in other sports games. So we'll go play them instead and enjoy them, now won't we?

Wish that were possible with this joke of a game. Wouldn't need to spend my time complaining about it and just enjoy it like the other games I play. But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

Oh I decided long ago that I'm just gonna enjoy the games and what they deliver. I give my feedback and if it doesn't get used then it doesn't get used. My enjoyment in any online game is playing with friends. As long as I got them playing then I'm a happy camper. You know I don't care for anything but the 6's community. And I'd say that community is overall happy with the changes.

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

Oh I decided long ago that I'm just gonna enjoy the games and what they deliver. I give my feedback and if it doesn't get used then it doesn't get used. My enjoyment in any online game is playing with friends. As long as I got them playing then I'm a happy camper. You know I don't care for anything but the 6's community. And I'd say that community is overall happy with the changes.

I enjoy other games because they deliver what I expect they would deliver. When I play NBA 2K, I expect Basketball and I get Basketball. When I play F1 2020, I expect Formula One Racing and I get Formula One Racing. Even when I buy a game like Final Fantasy or Gears of War or Tomb Raider, if they deliver on the premise of the game series, then I enjoy it.

I used to enjoy NHL 2K because it gave me some hockey to play. But EA's NHL? They haven't deliver on the H part (the Hockey) in... ever. I would've been happy if at least, like in NHL 14, my position was meaningful to play. But not even THAT is possible.

As for friends... They gave up playing this travesty of a game series long ago. And the rest of the "6s community"? They're not our friends... Goalies are nobodies, remember?
  • Stovetop9620
    455 posts Member
    edited September 23

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

A few keys here.

1. There have been hockey games in the past that did a better job applying "hockey" to a hockey game.
    2. Humorous how you can apply, literally, every known strategy and technique to NBA 2k and it works...
    3. EA NHL sales have, consistently, went down for the past 6-7 years.

But yeah, fairytales, rainbows, unicorns, and shut your mouth and comply and stuff. Things are going so well. Sales numbers dipping...the absolute BEST thing for a company...Got my Econ degree in Culinary school...

0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

I tried that. All, yes all, of my friends no longer play this game because it is boring.

I can't see how the community is happy considering "average search time" took 2 minutes to find a 6's game on Friday nights last December...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

Perfect example:

In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

8cHiRwc.gif

So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.
  • Stovetop9620
    455 posts Member
    edited September 23
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

Perfect example:

In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

8cHiRwc.gif

So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

The forward skated into the Dman, put the puck into the Dman, had his stick clip through the Dman, tried to hit the Dman, found a way to maintain clean puck possession, and then gets a scoring chance...this play should have been dead in the water for both sides. A puck battle would be fun.

As we have pointed out countless times there is a balance issue between Offense and Defense. Defenders are required to be absolutely perfect. Forwards can be absolute mush, skate into traffic, and somehow get rewarded with the puck.

But yeah, that is "negative" because the mechanics here are not correct.

At no point here was the forwards mistakes scrutinized. Just the defenders because GOALS, GOALS, GOALS. The only fun part of hockey is scoring and then celebrating standing on your head, right?

What is going to happen is the community will dwindle to 7-800,000. There will be fewer defensemen, fewer goalies, the game will become even more boring, sales will continue to slip.

There is a huge difference between negativity and the truth.

I just want to run actual strategies and plays, that's all. Sorry. I guess asking for such a small thing is too much and out of line.
  • I do bealive why they implant this thing to the game is probebly beacuse they wanna do something about players that just go after the puck regardless if they forececk in o-zone or in the defensive zone, yeah more or less, every zone. What we use to call, 'straight forward' guys. Not so much finesse, just pedal to the metal.

I thought people where sick and tired of that overused tactic, that makes the game in general really repetitive and boring to play.

This will defenetly change things up, and force people to think more before they go after the puck.