EA Forums - Banner

Transitional skating is broken for NHL 21

Replies

  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Im not gonna fight here, but im one of thoose that like this change, it made my game much more challenging, I could look for way to aggressive defenders and take advantage of that, I hope this change in the end is going to make defenders less aggressive and instead of going for a big hit, stay back abit and try to read the play abit more.

    Can’t this be a little like when you bringing forth some new tradition..?
    it always takes some time for the old people to adjust and accept it..? But once they do, they come to realize, "this was not so bad"...

    But I know you are a EASHL player Majjam, and I really dont know if this change made it worst for you guys. I just experienced it in 1vs1, and in that mode it really worked out. For me anyway.
    I am not sure what happens in 1v1 but by and large aggressive defenders get burned BIG time in EASHL. It's not a thing. Not for the AI. Not for human players.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    829 posts Member
    edited September 23
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Being talked about on reddit recently.

    https://old.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/ixy9sf/lets_talk_about_eas_decision_to_intentionally/

    I'm so tired of this creating a skill gap by gimping the ability of the D-men to play a solid game. I'm glad it's still being discussed though and is just another reinforcement that I'm not touching NHL 21 with a 10-foot pole.

    Keep digging your holes, EA. There'll be better games to play this fall/winter.

    It's a hopeless cause. The scrubs have won. Here's a conversation I had on Discord with the names of the "innocent" blocked out to protect their... umh... Innocence I guess:

    0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

    I mean, what else is there to say at this point? Skill gap... Oy vey!

    "U just have to actually do something on defense rather then[sic] just stand there"
    OMG

    I can't even...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    829 posts Member
    edited September 23
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Being talked about on reddit recently.

    https://old.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/ixy9sf/lets_talk_about_eas_decision_to_intentionally/

    I'm so tired of this creating a skill gap by gimping the ability of the D-men to play a solid game. I'm glad it's still being discussed though and is just another reinforcement that I'm not touching NHL 21 with a 10-foot pole.

    Keep digging your holes, EA. There'll be better games to play this fall/winter.

    It's a hopeless cause. The scrubs have won. Here's a conversation I had on Discord with the names of the "innocent" blocked out to protect their... umh... Innocence I guess:

    0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

    I mean, what else is there to say at this point? Skill gap... Oy vey!

    FYI - your real-world hockey coaching "experience" does not apply to a videogame.

    Aside from the fact that while this may be true (as he points out)... it shouldn't be true... it should actually be relevant - can we talk about what a "dork" move it is to put "experience" in quotes here. I mean, it's actual experience. What is your issue man?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Being talked about on reddit recently.

    https://old.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/ixy9sf/lets_talk_about_eas_decision_to_intentionally/

    I'm so tired of this creating a skill gap by gimping the ability of the D-men to play a solid game. I'm glad it's still being discussed though and is just another reinforcement that I'm not touching NHL 21 with a 10-foot pole.

    Keep digging your holes, EA. There'll be better games to play this fall/winter.

    It's a hopeless cause. The scrubs have won. Here's a conversation I had on Discord with the names of the "innocent" blocked out to protect their... umh... Innocence I guess:

    0f4ourbaxidd.jpg

    I mean, what else is there to say at this point? Skill gap... Oy vey!

    FYI - your real-world hockey coaching "experience" does not apply to a videogame.

    Aside from the fact that while this may be true (as he points out)... it shouldn't be true... it should actually be relevant - can we talk about what a "dork" move it is to put "experience" in quotes here. I mean, it's actual experience. What is your issue man?

    Imagine playing NBA 2k and not being able to run a pick and roll.

    Or Madden without having defensive formations.

    Or Fifa without running overlaps.

    Or racing without a gas pedal.

    Or a flight sim without flaps.

    Or cooking without a heat source.

    Or building without a level.

    Or a FPS without a gun.

    Or poker without cards.

    Or hockey without any idea on how to play it...oh wait, this game facilitates that.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1297 posts Member
    edited September 23
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    can we talk about what a "dork" move it is to put "experience" in quotes here. I mean, it's actual experience. What is your issue man?

    Edit - nevermind. I like having real discussions here, don't wanna get banned again by hurting feelings.

    Message removed.



  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I do bealive why they implant this thing to the game is probebly beacuse they wanna do something about players that just go after the puck regardless if they forececk in o-zone or in the defensive zone, yeah more or less, every zone. What we use to call, 'straight forward' guys. Not so much finesse, just pedal to the metal.

    I thought people where sick and tired of that overused tactic, that makes the game in general really repetitive and boring to play.

    This will defenetly change things up, and force people to think more before they go after the puck.

    No. Because people didn't go after the puck by skating BACKWARDS or PIVOTING. They skated forward towards the puck. So that won't change with NHL 21. If anything, because they will KNOW that back skating and pivoting is nerfed, the ONLY thing they will do is run around skating forward instead of doing the hockey thing and FACE THE PLAY.

    Now forwards are even more OP because the defense won't be allowed to keep a proper gap while facing them. They'll be forced to run around the defensive area chasing the puck, while their AI teammates, which are horrible beyond belief, are going to wind up chasing the SAME puck carrier the human is and allow the opponents to score at will. Fun!

    Just as an example, in the first day that the Tech demo dropped, I was keeping my opponents to under 10 shots a game and I was scoring 5 goals a game with the Ottawa Sens. The FREAKING Senators of all teams! LOL!

    On the 2nd day, people were already familiar with the nerf to defense, and games where I was able to defend properly, now degenerated into scoring fests like 8-5 or 6-3 in one period alone. Because the focus of the game now shifted and you had to be all about Offense and forget the defense.

    Is this fun? To a very limited but vocal few, yeah, this is where the fun is. Just Goals, goals, goals! No substance, no flavor. Whatever works, works. For the rest of us who aren't as vocal, the "NOT" Fortnite types, well we're left wanting yet again.
  • Sega82mega
    1927 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Sence 15' it's been more or less the same way to move around on the ice, so for about 5 years and over 5k games, for many of us, comes a technical test where something we never really been use to before, and we got about, 50-100 games to feel this out, where probebly the first 20 games just was like 'always'.

    I dont wanna judge out this already, I hope, when people startin to be use to this, they find a whole nother level to play this game.

    Maybe it felt weird and ackward for defenders in the beginning beacuse they played the exact same way as they always do,(and why shouldnt they? Don't blame them..) and forwards could take advantage of it, but after a month or two, they have learned how to use this to their own advantage, and once they do, perhaps the old way for forward to burn defenders down, is now a piece of cake for the defenders to take care of.

    impossible to say how this turns out, but I have a feeling that some of thoose that hate this from the beginning will change their opinion once it settled in. I really hope so, cause I do cheer for the defenders!

    *And nothing bad about Sens, venom, some top picks in the draft and changing back to that old 2D logo, and we got something whole new on the ice 😏
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sence 15' it's been more or less the same way to move around on the ice, so for about 5 years and over 5k games, for many of us, comes a technical test where something we never really been use to before, and we got about, 50-100 games to feel this out, where probebly the first 20 games just was like 'always'.

    I dont wanna judge out this already, I hope, when people startin to be use to this, they find a whole nother level to play this game.

    Maybe it felt weird and ackward for defenders in the beginning beacuse they played the exact same way as they always do,(and why shouldnt they? Don't blame them..) and forwards could take advantage of it, but after a month or two, they have learned how to use this to their own advantage, and once they do, perhaps the old way for forward to burn defenders down, is now a piece of cake for the defenders to take care of.

    impossible to say how this turns out, but I have a feeling that some of thoose that hate this from the beginning will change their opinion once it settled in. I really hope so, cause I do cheer for the defenders!

    I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, I think it might be nice and create some separation this game desperately needs. Everyone knows this game is a cluster fest already. On the other hand, defenders are so gimped with tools to begin with it may make playing proper gap impossible. Maybe not impossible. Let's say it will force defenders to be more perfect than they are already need to be while, as usual, not holding forwards accountable for anything. Forwards can come down, skate as fast as they can, make a stupid play, perhaps lose possession, and then, with the help of "hustle", find themselves able to backcheck and get back into a play they should have been out of. Complete contradiction.

    Funny thing is, though, it was said "defenders need to learn how and when to pivot"...how in the heck is that the standard they are using to create a skill gap? Pivoting?? Not positioning, not stick work, not how to play a 2 on 1. Pivoting. It is identical to the initial "skill gap" with the new shooting..."Make sure you set your feet"...really? Set my feet? This, right here, is the kind of realism nobody wants. I want realism in terms of plays and strategies NOT these micro-movements that aren't even possible considering we use controllers.

    From the test, especially on day 2-3, I saw forwards skating in straight lines as fast as possible knowing they were going to have an easy take to the net if I played them tight. They took the meta I (we both agree on this) hate and made it worse. My "skill gap" learning and improvement came down to "alright then, I will make sure I am back further and abandon any thoughts of gap. Hockey 101 says, "If you keep backing up into your goalie you are probably going to screen him and/or give up way too much space in the middle of the ice".

    On the positive side, it was way easier to dislodge a puck from a forward who I effectively managed to rub out. My question worth a million dollars is: how long until the goofballs they listen to start to cry they lose the puck and EA, much like the last 2 games, changes their initial balancing to favor those who cry Niagra Falls tears?
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sence 15' it's been more or less the same way to move around on the ice, so for about 5 years and over 5k games, for many of us, comes a technical test where something we never really been use to before, and we got about, 50-100 games to feel this out, where probebly the first 20 games just was like 'always'.

    I dont wanna judge out this already, I hope, when people startin to be use to this, they find a whole nother level to play this game.

    Maybe it felt weird and ackward for defenders in the beginning beacuse they played the exact same way as they always do,(and why shouldnt they? Don't blame them..) and forwards could take advantage of it, but after a month or two, they have learned how to use this to their own advantage, and once they do, perhaps the old way for forward to burn defenders down, is now a piece of cake for the defenders to take care of.

    impossible to say how this turns out, but I have a feeling that some of thoose that hate this from the beginning will change their opinion once it settled in. I really hope so, cause I do cheer for the defenders!

    *And nothing bad about Sens, venom, some top picks in the draft and changing back to that old 2D logo, and we got something whole new on the ice 😏

    Sorry, but as a Sens fan, the only time we'll be good is when Eugene sells us. Or he leaves or something. He sucks and this team sucks with him.

    As for the game, it used to be tough playing "defense" before, but now it's almost a joke to try to play defensively. It's like the Devs purposely destroyed any semblance of it to cater to those that play "the Meta".

    Good players don't take "weeks" or "months" to find the tricks to play, they find what works within hours. Like by the 2nd or 3rd game, if you don't pick up on the Meta, you should probably just play something else. I picked it up during the 1st game I played.

    And I hated it. Even more than previous years.

    My issue isn't really with the fact that this game is best played within the META, it's that it actively discourages anything and any type of play that isn't. So if you wanted to play your style, you can't. Winning or losing is irrelevant. But I don't wanna play this way.

    Why is EA forcing me to?

  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

    bro.... you can literally see the d-man do the shoving animation.

    I didn't call you a liar either.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

    bro.... you can literally see the d-man do the shoving animation.

    I didn't call you a liar either.

    It.
    Is.
    A.
    Stick.
    Lift.

    Lol. Trust me here. I AM THE ONE PLAYING.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1297 posts Member
    edited September 23
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

    bro.... you can literally see the d-man do the shoving animation.

    I didn't call you a liar either.

    It.
    Is.
    A.
    Stick.
    Lift.

    Lol. Trust me here. I AM THE ONE PLAYING.

    sBGhdrD.gif

    It's a pretty distinct shove

    Here you can see the chicken wing - showing that you're hitting body chec:

    fV9jM2M.gif
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

    bro.... you can literally see the d-man do the shoving animation.

    I didn't call you a liar either.

    It.
    Is.
    A.
    Stick.
    Lift.

    Lol. Trust me here. I AM THE ONE PLAYING.

    sBGhdrD.gif

    It's a pretty distinct shove

    You and Aljo are saying yellow is doing the shoving. You mean the forward that lost the puck is doing the shoving???
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

    bro.... you can literally see the d-man do the shoving animation.

    I didn't call you a liar either.

    It.
    Is.
    A.
    Stick.
    Lift.

    Lol. Trust me here. I AM THE ONE PLAYING.

    sBGhdrD.gif

    It's a pretty distinct shove

    You and Aljo are saying yellow is doing the shoving. You mean the forward that lost the puck is doing the shoving???

    my bad, the yellow uniform confused me.

    It's the dude in the yellow doing the shoving
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sence 15' it's been more or less the same way to move around on the ice, so for about 5 years and over 5k games, for many of us, comes a technical test where something we never really been use to before, and we got about, 50-100 games to feel this out, where probebly the first 20 games just was like 'always'.

    I dont wanna judge out this already, I hope, when people startin to be use to this, they find a whole nother level to play this game.

    Maybe it felt weird and ackward for defenders in the beginning beacuse they played the exact same way as they always do,(and why shouldnt they? Don't blame them..) and forwards could take advantage of it, but after a month or two, they have learned how to use this to their own advantage, and once they do, perhaps the old way for forward to burn defenders down, is now a piece of cake for the defenders to take care of.

    impossible to say how this turns out, but I have a feeling that some of thoose that hate this from the beginning will change their opinion once it settled in. I really hope so, cause I do cheer for the defenders!

    I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, I think it might be nice and create some separation this game desperately needs. Everyone knows this game is a cluster fest already. On the other hand, defenders are so gimped with tools to begin with it may make playing proper gap impossible. Maybe not impossible. Let's say it will force defenders to be more perfect than they are already need to be while, as usual, not holding forwards accountable for anything. Forwards can come down, skate as fast as they can, make a stupid play, perhaps lose possession, and then, with the help of "hustle", find themselves able to backcheck and get back into a play they should have been out of. Complete contradiction.

    Funny thing is, though, it was said "defenders need to learn how and when to pivot"...how in the heck is that the standard they are using to create a skill gap? Pivoting?? Not positioning, not stick work, not how to play a 2 on 1. Pivoting. It is identical to the initial "skill gap" with the new shooting..."Make sure you set your feet"...really? Set my feet? This, right here, is the kind of realism nobody wants. I want realism in terms of plays and strategies NOT these micro-movements that aren't even possible considering we use controllers.

    From the test, especially on day 2-3, I saw forwards skating in straight lines as fast as possible knowing they were going to have an easy take to the net if I played them tight. They took the meta I (we both agree on this) hate and made it worse. My "skill gap" learning and improvement came down to "alright then, I will make sure I am back further and abandon any thoughts of gap. Hockey 101 says, "If you keep backing up into your goalie you are probably going to screen him and/or give up way too much space in the middle of the ice".

    On the positive side, it was way easier to dislodge a puck from a forward who I effectively managed to rub out. My question worth a million dollars is: how long until the goofballs they listen to start to cry they lose the puck and EA, much like the last 2 games, changes their initial balancing to favor those who cry Niagra Falls tears?

    I always hated how speed could/can be used in the wrong way but yet to a big advantage. This by, turning away from the play, without stoping down, they turn and twist and deke themself away from the play, and then when the speed is right and all my players abit of position, they play that winger to burn down the ice.

    I would be fine with this, if they challenge me, not by turning away from me. Thats not how you suppose to gain speed.

    I really hope 21 will put an end on this, but we will see...
  • @TheMajjam

    Am I seeing your player skate between the puck and the forward while stick lifting here? A stick lift animation being confused for a shove? Am I also seeing the FORWARD as being the one who went for the shove?

    I am confused. It looks to me like the outcome should have been the goofball forward losing the puck?

    With further investigation here was the response:

    "I'm just noticing now that it looks like you tried to shove them at the last moment. That's not going to let you pick up the puck."

    But yet the forward gets instantaneous possession after he did, without a shadow of doubt, shove. Sooooo, shove doesn't let you pick up the puck...unless you are a forward. Then you can have it back with no questions asked. This play should have been dead after the dumb toe drag. It could have been dead further with the play in the circle and went for a stretch up the strong side. Nope.

    Recap of this play:

    Forward enters zone. Tries a useless toe drag. Gets stick lifted by a Defender with proper gap and positioning. A puck battle ensues. The defender stick lifts again. Gets himself in between the puck and the carrier. Attempts a final stick lift. The forward attempts to shove synchronously. We are told you cannot acquire possession on a shove. The forward apparently defies the information we were provided and gets the puck back. This is then debated. We are told you are wrong.

    Hmm.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sence 15' it's been more or less the same way to move around on the ice, so for about 5 years and over 5k games, for many of us, comes a technical test where something we never really been use to before, and we got about, 50-100 games to feel this out, where probebly the first 20 games just was like 'always'.

    I dont wanna judge out this already, I hope, when people startin to be use to this, they find a whole nother level to play this game.

    Maybe it felt weird and ackward for defenders in the beginning beacuse they played the exact same way as they always do,(and why shouldnt they? Don't blame them..) and forwards could take advantage of it, but after a month or two, they have learned how to use this to their own advantage, and once they do, perhaps the old way for forward to burn defenders down, is now a piece of cake for the defenders to take care of.

    impossible to say how this turns out, but I have a feeling that some of thoose that hate this from the beginning will change their opinion once it settled in. I really hope so, cause I do cheer for the defenders!

    *And nothing bad about Sens, venom, some top picks in the draft and changing back to that old 2D logo, and we got something whole new on the ice 😏

    Sorry, but as a Sens fan, the only time we'll be good is when Eugene sells us. Or he leaves or something. He sucks and this team sucks with him.

    As for the game, it used to be tough playing "defense" before, but now it's almost a joke to try to play defensively. It's like the Devs purposely destroyed any semblance of it to cater to those that play "the Meta".

    Good players don't take "weeks" or "months" to find the tricks to play, they find what works within hours. Like by the 2nd or 3rd game, if you don't pick up on the Meta, you should probably just play something else. I picked it up during the 1st game I played.

    And I hated it. Even more than previous years.

    My issue isn't really with the fact that this game is best played within the META, it's that it actively discourages anything and any type of play that isn't. So if you wanted to play your style, you can't. Winning or losing is irrelevant. But I don't wanna play this way.

    Why is EA forcing me to?

    I have started to like sens, but yeah, that Eugene seems dangerous for your team. Maybe a new keeper and some of the young guns could step up, would make a difference.

    Yeah unfortunately does the META encourage to a certain type of play, that I dont like either, no one should.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    But I guess EA loves to get negative views rather than praise. What matters is that they make money off you people, right?

    Actually - it's just so easy for people with huge hockey IQ egos to bash the game.

    Not calling you out. Not trying to offend you. Please don't report me.

    But the reality is that the negative people here get confirmation of their 'rightness' by seeing the 'agrees' and 'likes' add up on extremely negative posts about the game. Not to mention there's a lot of times a mod or admin will jump in and provide evidence some of the feedback is misguided, and a lot of users here just deny, deny, deny.

    Perfect example:

    In this thread, Tired of all these rigged games - a user posts this clip to which Aljo correctly pointed out that yellow was actively trying to shove the puck carrier.

    The users in that thread begin to flat out deny that any shove took place.

    Meanwhile, those of us who took the time to closely inspect the video - we see the shove clear as day:

    8cHiRwc.gif

    So there is just one example of how many of the users on this forum continue to confirm their bias despite the evidence being right there in front of them.

    Again.. like I've said before - the game has issues, I don't think it's perfect.. etc etc..

    However, I feel there's an enticement to be negative against EA and some forum users capitalize on that while simultaneously refuting anything EA has to say, regardless of it's truth.

    LMAO. Why would I lie about trying a shove here? I hate how shoves do nothing at close range, and if I did, and nothing happened here, trust me, I would've mentioned it. There's nothing but animations and stick lifts here and you're hearing it from the horse's mouth, but please.. continue your inspections!

    bro.... you can literally see the d-man do the shoving animation.

    I didn't call you a liar either.

    It.
    Is.
    A.
    Stick.
    Lift.

    Lol. Trust me here. I AM THE ONE PLAYING.

    sBGhdrD.gif

    It's a pretty distinct shove

    You and Aljo are saying yellow is doing the shoving. You mean the forward that lost the puck is doing the shoving???

    my bad, the yellow uniform confused me.

    It's the dude in the yellow doing the shoving

    Aljo knew exactly who he was referencing. Yellow as my D-color and the forward that I'm challenging. He says that yellow (as in me) is trying for a last minute hit here, but it's actually a stick lift when I'm in front of him. He also states that shoving does not let you pick up the puck here, but the guy that did TRY to shove me picks up the puck a half-second later. The problem here is the sticks through sticks/bodies where there's an auto-animation that causes these weird puck battles you have no control of. What you do have control of is position, and my position right there the entire clip was as perfect as it needed to be.

    This falls right along the lines of poke checking the puck away and this super fast auto-animation has the player reach for it at an impossible angle/speed. Compound this with players going straight through sticks (because that's how the game was programmed), and easily recovering the puck as the player that went through the stick flies helplessly by, you get forwards that just continue to maintain the puck when they should never have any business doing so.

    That's the forward skill gap for you.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited September 23
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Being talked about on reddit recently.

    https://old.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/ixy9sf/lets_talk_about_eas_decision_to_intentionally/

    I'm so tired of this creating a skill gap by gimping the ability of the D-men to play a solid game. I'm glad it's still being discussed though and is just another reinforcement that I'm not touching NHL 21 with a 10-foot pole.

    Keep digging your holes, EA. There'll be better games to play this fall/winter.

    Im not gonna fight here, but im one of thoose that like this change, it made my game much more challenging, I could look for way to aggressive defenders and take advantage of that, I hope this change in the end is going to make defenders less aggressive and instead of going for a big hit, stay back abit and try to read the play abit more.

    Can’t this be a little like when you bringing forth some new tradition..?
    it always takes some time for the old people to adjust and accept it..? But once they do, they come to realize, "this was not so bad"...

    But I know you are a EASHL player Majjam, and I really dont know if this change made it worst for you guys. I just experienced it in 1vs1, and in that mode it really worked out. For me anyway.

    I'm always talking about EASHL. HUT and everything else that deals with having any AI bots on the ice behinds the goalies never applies to any of my gripes, because I don't play that mode.

    However, when you've got 5 human players and at least the 3 forwards are using playmaker, sniper, and dangler (which is the majority of what we see), you're going to get a speed game. Gimping the ability to transition from forward to back in stride is the dumbest thing ever. You're killing gap control. This is why D-men and D-men AI were getting burned so bad in the beta. Because now you need this gap and when you give the forwards space in this game, it's just easy shooting. Even the same cheese shots from 20 works.

    It is harder to maintain speed without the puck as a D-man hitting LT than it is to do so as a forward with the puck. Let that sink in.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!