EA Forums - Banner

how do i beat superstar hut level,explanation

ai is so fast sometime,they attack like crazy, 5 pass in 1 minute in my zone, 3 shots on 3 goals,etc. are my stategy bad?

Replies

• You don't say what strategies you're using, so I couldn't say. The general advice is don't chase. Just contain them to the outside, and cover the quality shooting lanes and one-timer passing lanes. The AI will eventually make a mistake and turn it over. Also try to pressure the AI as it first enters the zone so it can't get set up to begin with.
  • i used some of the strategies in youtubers video so i doubt its the problem.i noticed when i am chasing them they always score. ok thx i think you point me to the good direction. any other tips for me for the hut in game?
  • EA_Aljo
    1704 posts EA Community Manager
    i used some of the strategies in youtubers video so i doubt its the problem.i noticed when i am chasing them they always score. ok thx i think you point me to the good direction. any other tips for me for the hut in game?

@MikeyAU630 gave good advice. The AI on Superstar are always looking for open lanes for shots/passes so don't chase. The only time I'll suggest skillzoning is against the AI if they get set up in your zone. Control a defender and park them in front of the net. Eventually, they'll take a bad shot or pass that results in an easy turnover. Chasing opens lanes the AI will take advantage of.
  • > @EA_Aljo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @MikeyAU630 gave good advice. The AI on Superstar are always looking for open lanes for shots/passes so don't chase. The only time I'll suggest skillzoning is against the AI if they get set up in your zone. Control a defender and park them in front of the net. Eventually, they'll take a bad shot or pass that results in an easy turnover. Chasing opens lanes the AI will take advantage of.

what do you mean by skillzoning? its a strategy to use in game or you mean to play passive in my def zone?
  • EA_Aljo
    > @EA_Aljo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @MikeyAU630 gave good advice. The AI on Superstar are always looking for open lanes for shots/passes so don't chase. The only time I'll suggest skillzoning is against the AI if they get set up in your zone. Control a defender and park them in front of the net. Eventually, they'll take a bad shot or pass that results in an easy turnover. Chasing opens lanes the AI will take advantage of.

what do you mean by skillzoning? its a strategy to use in game or you mean to play passive in my def zone?

Skillzoning is when you let the AI play defense for you. It's never something I would suggest against human opponents, but against AI on Superstar, it's a good way to defend.
  • > @EA_Aljo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Skillzoning is when you let the AI play defense for you. It's never something I would suggest against human opponents, but against AI on Superstar, it's a good way to defend.

thank's you made my day. very useful since i'm back this years from 10 to 15 years hiatus
  • help please help. its getting wort. i lost my first game vs 96 ovr 5-2 42 shots againt and only 8 for me. On the rematch i lost 4-1 with. something is wrong with the Ai. i can't understand why sometimes i won my 4 squad match and somethimes lost two games on same opponent.
  • EA_Blueberry
    3142 posts EA Community Manager
    @Stephlefan6AX

First, welcome back! I don't know how someone can go that long without playing Hockey. :p

Bumping this post for you. Still need some help?
  • EA_Aljo
    help please help. its getting wort. i lost my first game vs 96 ovr 5-2 42 shots againt and only 8 for me. On the rematch i lost 4-1 with. something is wrong with the Ai. i can't understand why sometimes i won my 4 squad match and somethimes lost two games on same opponent.

Hockey is a very dynamic sport. No 2 games are exactly the same. I too have lost to a team many times and then replayed them and won. Sometimes I'd lose both attempts against the same team. When I win on the second attempt, I'm a little more composed after playing them once. Many times I adjust how I play and maybe I get some lucky bounces as well. See my previous post for some help with playing against Superstar difficulty teams.
  • Is this your idea of defense lol
    (97ov[code]https://youtu.be/4Y1CKrzos8g[/code]erall team - 99off / 99def /91goaltending)

Seemed like a normal play to me, especially those Jedi force passes
  • EA_Aljo
    CombatEX wrote: »
    Is this your idea of defense lol
    (97ov
    https://youtu.be/4Y1CKrzos8g

erall team - 99off / 99def /91goaltending)

Seemed like a normal play to me, especially those Jedi force passes

That video is from CoD. Do you have a link to the NHL video you were concerned with?

• You need a sniper to deal with Superstar AI sometimes
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > @Stephlefan6AX
    >
    > First, welcome back! I don't know how someone can go that long without playing Hockey. :p
    >
    > Bumping this post for you. Still need some help?

yes it look like my biggest problem in game is when IA pass like crazy in my zone.... when i do get the puck i can keep it for half second(hybrid controller) cause cpy bump me and i lose puck.

is it possible i need to play season online more to get up on division cause i'm only at division 8 or it have nothing to do