EA Forums - Banner

Can 3s goalies not suck so much?

Seriously what is this garbage? I played my first 3s game ever and both goalies have allowed 9 goals on 14 shots. Might as well pull the goalies and get the extra man.

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Delete this thread all you want mods. I play this game for the first time in months and the last 3 game I got into were trash. Every game the goalie was trolling skating out of the crease or desperation saving out the wazoo cause they couldn't make a save with the tools they have. This game is gross. Fix your trash.
  • When TDR is unhappy with your game, then you've got a bad game. Concur.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Seriously what is this garbage? I played my first 3s game ever and both goalies have allowed 9 goals on 14 shots. Might as well pull the goalies and get the extra man.

Remember the good ol' days? Back in NHL 14 when Goaltenders could... Y'know, do their jobs? When you'd be in position and you'd make a guaranteed save because that's what Goalies are supposed to do? When you'd slide to make a one-timer save attempt and your goalie would sprawl out his limbs to try and block it instead of shriveling up like a prune and allow goals through because "GOALIES GOTTA GET SNIPED SOMETIMES"??

God.. I miss those days. :(
  • Best thing about goalies: slapshots from like five feet away can easily be controlled/gloved cleanly, or even a tip that goes from the farthest right point of the net to the left from a foot away can be gloved/saved, but a backhand roller from the side boards gets kicked out 15-20 feet for a super juicy rebound. It baffles me every time I see that. As a goalie, I get that some bad angle shots with pace can really handcuff you and make you not out a rebound where you want, but anything that slow should easily be gobbled up.

And yeah, goalies need to be a lot faster but have reactions tuned down actually. We need better blocking play from goalies. It’s the modern NHL, shots are insanely fast, shooters are great at hiding where they’re shooting and using screens, so we need a much more lively puck on good scoring chances. People would take more real life high percentage shots in this game if the game encouraged it. Not every shot needs to be a snipe, but if great chances consistently produced saves that weren’t cleanly made which lead to rebounds when they don’t go straight in, the game would be a lot more exciting and enjoyable for everyone. Who likes helplessly watching a glitch goal go in while you’re AI is standing covering the ad in the corner and the player switching system decides that your weakside wing facing the wrong away who is the 3rd closest guy to the puck is “contextually” the best player to make a play? What if those scenarios where you’re fighting the game didn’t always result in a snipe? What if your goalie did temporarily bail you out and buy you enough time to fight back against the game and possibly prevent a goal? I’d say that’d be a lot more enjoyable than watching an NHL goalie get beat from outside the tops of the circles consistently wouldn’t you? Almost like it’d be real hockey in a way!
  • Best thing about goalies: slapshots from like five feet away can easily be controlled/gloved cleanly, or even a tip that goes from the farthest right point of the net to the left from a foot away can be gloved/saved, but a backhand roller from the side boards gets kicked out 15-20 feet for a super juicy rebound. It baffles me every time I see that. As a goalie, I get that some bad angle shots with pace can really handcuff you and make you not out a rebound where you want, but anything that slow should easily be gobbled up.

And yeah, goalies need to be a lot faster but have reactions tuned down actually. We need better blocking play from goalies. It’s the modern NHL, shots are insanely fast, shooters are great at hiding where they’re shooting and using screens, so we need a much more lively puck on good scoring chances. People would take more real life high percentage shots in this game if the game encouraged it. Not every shot needs to be a snipe, but if great chances consistently produced saves that weren’t cleanly made which lead to rebounds when they don’t go straight in, the game would be a lot more exciting and enjoyable for everyone. Who likes helplessly watching a glitch goal go in while you’re AI is standing covering the ad in the corner and the player switching system decides that your weakside wing facing the wrong away who is the 3rd closest guy to the puck is “contextually” the best player to make a play? What if those scenarios where you’re fighting the game didn’t always result in a snipe? What if your goalie did temporarily bail you out and buy you enough time to fight back against the game and possibly prevent a goal? I’d say that’d be a lot more enjoyable than watching an NHL goalie get beat from outside the tops of the circles consistently wouldn’t you? Almost like it’d be real hockey in a way!

I agree, but weve been wanting something like this forever and it seems they just move further and further from it instead of working towards it.
  • j6ll2qylcp1m.gif

Hey look! A goalie reacting to a point blank slap shot from less than 2 feet away. That never happens in real life... Oh wait.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    j6ll2qylcp1m.gif

Hey look! A goalie reacting to a point blank slap shot from less than 2 feet away. That never happens in real life... Oh wait.

My fav is when the goalie is moving left and the puck is deflected to the right, his glove or blocker will magically snap to exactly where the pucks trajectory is in a millisecond.
  • I am not sure if you refer to Threes mode or 3v3 mode in EASHL, but specifically in Threes, the goalies aren't SUPPOSED to be any good. It's completely over the top mode, so they want you to keep scoring and hitting.

AI goalies in 3v3 EASHL aren't much better either, those penalty shots....