EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay Deep Dive coming Sept. 17th

EA_Aljo
2122 posts EA Community Manager
edited September 2020
Hey, everyone. There's going to be a gameplay deep dive video coming tomorrow (9/17) at 8 AM PST. You can catch it here:

Post edited by EA_Aljo on

Replies

• Thanks sir!
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • [quote="EA_Aljo;d-263242"]Hey, everyone. There's going to be a gameplay deep dive video coming tomorrow (9/17) at 8 AM PST. You can catch it here:

We ask for attributes back for years. Instead of attributes we get new trait system
    We ask for fixes to stick lifts spams we get nothing.
    We ask for fixes to hitting we get nothing.
    Ask for better Ai we get same Ai for last 10 years.
    You guys know the one handed Tuck is Op you add the lacrosse goal and between legs one timer.

Instead of fixing the flaws the game has you just add.

Patch the game bring back attributes before the release!!
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Hey, everyone. There's going to be a gameplay deep dive video coming tomorrow (9/17) at 8 AM PST. You can catch it here:

We ask for attributes back for years. Instead of attributes we get new trait system
    We ask for fixes to stick lifts spams we get nothing.
    We ask for fixes to hitting we get nothing.
    Ask for better Ai we get same Ai for last 10 years.
    You guys know the one handed Tuck is Op you add the lacrosse goal and between legs one timer.

Instead of fixing the flaws the game has you just add.

Patch the game bring back attributes before the release!!

Just because you ask doesn't mean you are gonna get it.

They only just took a poll to see what system we wanted and they said the sample size for custom attributes was low.

Stick lift spams been in the game a very long time. Maybe they have no intention of changing it regardless of a small amount of people asking for a change to it.

Nothing wrong with hitting if you do it right. Takes speed and timing into a great consideration. Also gotta see how the puck carrier is positioned they could bounce it.

AI does get better each year, but people find ways to exploit it each year too.

One-handed tuck isn't easy to pull off anymore. The new goals aren't going to be easy to pull off either. Maybe the Kucherov won't be so hard though.

• so no improvements to user defense? just ai defensive logic? Meanwhile offense gets 7 or 8 moves and tools to help every aspect of their game? Wow Ea just WOW. no improvements to poke check logic? That's sad and was the bare minimum i was expecting
  • EA_Aljo
    2122 posts EA Community Manager
    so no improvements to user defense? just ai defensive logic? Meanwhile offense gets 7 or 8 moves and tools to help every aspect of their game? Wow Ea just WOW. no improvements to poke check logic? That's sad and was the bare minimum i was expecting

Poke checking was improved and this was noticeable during the beta. Here are some details from Ben's post on the Reddit AMA:
    We have continued to make improvements to the core pokecheck mechanics and tripping penalty logic as well. The pokechecks themselves have an increased min and max range and are much more reliable. Player attributes and context still weigh in so you are at your best in control and poking directly in front of your player with a skilled defender than you are poking against your momentum behind you with a lower skilled defender where you would be more inaccurate. It is also important to time your poke so that the future position of the puck is consistent.

For the tripping logic, we added to the concept of tolerance of your stick blade hitting the skates from the front of the puck carrier. This now isn't just the front of that player but the front of where they are moving so if they pivot to a backskate a poke into their skates with just your stick blade (showing you are in good position and have a good gap and aren't making contact that would easily cause a trip) they won't fall.

We have also done a lot of work to identify the forceful frames of the poke itself to more reliably know when you are blending into the action or blending out with the intention being that you will only see a player trip if you make contact with them during the forceful frames of the pokecheck.

For interference, we have made improvements to both player and goalie interference. These rules in real life can be subjective at times but we feel our overall logic is much tighter and we are always listening to the community to understand edge cases.
  • I got idea for next year. Give us three different game modes to play. For example, (NHL HITZ style), (Realistic) and (Competition). I wanna play hockey like 90`s, lot of hits, lot of noise and feeling and very simple gameplay. Then there were Realistic, with almost real hockey. Competition with these world top 10 players, that play game "competition style" if you understand what I mean.. Every game mode has sliders, that don`t change. You play game your gamestyle and everyone is happy. That is my suggestion and I wish that someone has some improvements this idea:)
  • I got idea for next year. Give us three different game modes to play. For example, (NHL HITZ style), (Realistic) and (Competition). I wanna play hockey like 90`s, lot of hits, lot of noise and feeling and very simple gameplay. Then there were Realistic, with almost real hockey. Competition with these world top 10 players, that play game "competition style" if you understand what I mean.. Every game mode has sliders, that don`t change. You play game your gamestyle and everyone is happy. That is my suggestion and I wish that someone has some improvements this idea:)

They can't. There are so many modes at this point you would take a watered-down community and convolute it even worse.