EA Forums - Banner

Early access

Do you need ea access this year to buy the play 3 days early?

Replies

• What I meant to say is do you need EA play in order to play the game 3 days early?
  • EA_Aljo
    1747 posts EA Community Manager
    Hello! You will get early access with the Champions and Ultimate editions. You also have early access with an EA Play subscription.
  • Great so either way you get the Early Access from one of those two options
  • Also is the exact date and time that the Early Access will be available posted somewhere?
  • SakicRod wrote: »
    Also is the exact date and time that the Early Access will be available posted somewhere?

The 8th if you have EA access (it's a 10 hour trial)

The 13th if you get an upgraded version of the game.
  • EA_Aljo
    SakicRod wrote: »
    Also is the exact date and time that the Early Access will be available posted somewhere?

October 13th is when the game releases for everyone. Those with the upgraded versions get 3 days early access.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

October 13th is when the game releases for everyone. Those with the upgraded versions get 3 days early access.

Wrong, October 16th would have been the date if players do not order one of the premium editions of NHL 21.
  • Sega82mega
    1594 posts Member
    edited October 1
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Wrong, October 16th would have been the date if players do not order one of the premium editions of NHL 21.

Thought I read that too but today I saw the officially date is set to 13th, maybe they moved it closer. Either way, I dont complain. More hockey for me! 😁✌️
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

Thought I read that too but today I saw the officially date is set to 13th, maybe they moved it closer. Either way, I dont complain. More hockey for me! 😁✌️

Strange. Does that mean we get it on the 10th then or did I but one of the special editions for nothing? I would've gotten the standard edition if i knew that
  • Yes you will sitt in your armchair and enjoy NHL hockey at the time of the 10th oct! 😃👌
  • EA_Aljo
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Strange. Does that mean we get it on the 10th then or did I but one of the special editions for nothing? I would've gotten the standard edition if i knew that

Apologies for the confusion. The EA Play trial starts the 8th. The special editions will launch on the 13th and the standard edition will launch on the 16th.
  • Hehe oops... Sorry here too...
  • The EA 10hr should start 12am wednesday to Thursday or am I wrong
  • EA_Blueberry
    3211 posts EA Community Manager
    The EA 10hr should start 12am wednesday to Thursday or am I wrong

Unable to confirm yet, stay tuned. The Play First Trial will be available Thursday though.
  • Probably midnight tonight
  • EA_Blueberry
    3211 posts EA Community Manager
    It's tomorrow morning. Get some good sleep, you have a big day tomorrow!

• Is it EA PLAY to download yet?
  • EA_Aljo
    Is it EA PLAY to download yet?

Yes. The EA Play trial is available for download.