EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: Official NHL 21 Be A Pro Trailer Discussion

2Next

Replies

• Ahh crap, posted to the wrong thread
  • It's a mistake if there isn't an option to play proper full junior seasons, or play a full season in Europe or Junior after your draft year depending on your draft year growth.
  • cszjd
    2 posts New member
    First off: Been watching early gameplay and this does look awesome. Very excited.

That being said, I’m honestly massively disappointed there’s not an option to pick the team you want to be drafted by. 😳 The previous games had you shoehorned into the exact same teams EVERY TIME if you did well in the minors, and then the trade/free agency thing was incredibly limited.

I respect you can play career mode straight up ‘realistic’ and let the chips fall where they may on draft day, but the point of Be A Pro is to live out the legacy YOU want to have. The game could’ve very easily had a reporter ask you who your dream team was with an option after the first game to either pick a favorite or just say ‘anywhere.’ If you do chose a team, then that team matches your excitement and trades up the draft to pick you 1st. Being drafted 1st by your favorite team seems like a great way to start a dream career, and a truly unique narrative choice. Apparently, if I want to get drafted by a team like Edmonton, I’m expected to completely tank my Memorial Cup / CHL run and hope my draft stock falls.

That’s not fun. What if I want to be a lifer and play my entire career with my favorite team..?

I’m SO very thankful EA has FINALLY given the NHL career mode a drastically needed overhaul, and I am excited to play it as I want to show support as to where this game mode is heading. Again, I respect that there’s a level of realism in the game - yet there’s also the very real world realization I’m forking over $70 (during a period of time where circumstances make generating consistent income sometimes hard to come by) to play a video game advertised as having the ability to shape my career, but am initially saddled on a team I have absolutely zero interest in playing for over multiple seasons.

...Kinda like ALWAYS being drafted to the Sabres in NHL 19, then penalized for having the gall to sim a few games. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Attributes are better than traits. Once again disappointing.

Give us the attributes on day one and then let us Unlock the boost over rank ups.

Fix hockey bags as well
  • So is BAP just going to be broken indefinitely? Why was it even released in this state lol
  • Я отыграл три сезона BE A PRO в Rangers и не могу запросить перевод не в одну другую команду,нету вкладки запросить трансфер,как в предыдущих сериях NHL.Может быть я слепой?Хочу обсуждать цену своего игрока для контракта,разные бонусы,но этого тоже нету.Верните деньги за игру.
  • bandy30001 wrote: »
    Я отыграл три сезона BE A PRO в Rangers и не могу запросить перевод не в одну другую команду,нету вкладки запросить трансфер,как в предыдущих сериях NHL.Может быть я слепой?Хочу обсуждать цену своего игрока для контракта,разные бонусы,но этого тоже нету.Верните деньги за игру.

For those who don't speak Russian, He said:
    "I've played three seasons of BE A PRO at Rangers and can't request a transfer to one other team, there's no tab to request a transfer, like in previous NHL series."
  • Nylander88TOR
    75 posts Member
    edited October 22
    @bandy30001 Я использовал переводчика, чтобы рассказать англоговорящим, что вы сказали, большинство из них не говорят по-русски здесь. Хорошего дня!
    Post edited by Nylander88TOR on
  • @bandy30001 Я использовал трансалатер, чтобы рассказать англоговорящим, что вы сказали, большинство из них не говорят по-русски здесь. Хорошего дня!

Do you mind translating your reply?
  • @bandy30001 Я использовал трансалатер, чтобы рассказать англоговорящим, что вы сказали, большинство из них не говорят по-русски здесь. Хорошего дня!

Do you mind translating your reply?

Sure! I said
    "I used a translator to tell English speakers what you said, most of them don't speak Russian here. Have a good day!"
  • Thanks for that
  • Thanks for that

No prob! I feel like I'm doing service to fellow humans who don't speak the same language, though hockey is a language we all speak!
  • Yup, they removed that feature as well. For every 1 half decent feature they added, they removed two vital elements to the game