EA Forums - Banner

Initial thoughts

rsandersr47
186 posts Member
edited October 2020
Menus are pretty meh being able to choose Club/ drop-in from main menu of WoC is cool. Music was actually better than expected (not suggesting it's good, one song in particular is AWFUL) it won't be muted immediately at least..

So I started out a WoC character the custom skating seems pretty extensive, I've not played around with it much.

Next I changed my settings and camera and stuff AND I NOTICED SOMETHING!! I don't spend much time in the penalty box however, I get really irritated watching the play from the box trying to see what's happening, well they have an option to change the camera while in the box! It's a small change but it's awesome! I haven't decided if I want a regular camera or something different like broadcast or something..

Skating seems a little more realistic if I gain speed turning seems harder? Anyone else agree? I'm not at all suggesting this is a bad thing, it's good. I also felt L2 might have been nerfed at least a little?
EDIT: I see a lot of people saying it feels like they cant turn, if you're skating at 30 mph I don't feel you should turn as easy as the game sometimes allows. Just my 2 cents..

Hitting feels a little better, the animation when you stumble feels more fluid and less unresponsive I think.

Next I tried HUT, it's my first year trying this mode..

HUT rush was awesome.. however, my buddy got online and we couldn't find any way to play together kind of a letdown. The only option is couch play, I suppose that's good if you're a little kid.. my buddy lives over 1,000 miles away, he's someone I deployed with.

The private matches seemed cool (might have been in the last game) but deciding on a salary cap and stuff seemed like a good way to keep things fair between all of my friends no matter how much or little we play.

I've only played a couple hours so I will update this a few times as I play more. I'd love to hear if anyone else is having similar experiences.
Post edited by rsandersr47 on

Replies

• Fun to hear! I appreciate your thoughts about the game. Sounds like their may been some improvements. I have to wait until 13th.
  • rsandersr47
    186 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Fun to hear! I appreciate your thoughts about the game. Sounds like their may been some improvements. I have to wait until 13th.

I should point out that I played threes and HUT rush so both arcade modes and also Pro Am which is very easy. I plan to try EASHL later tonight/ tomorrow and we will see how that goes. The skating could be and probably is much different.