EA Forums - Banner

Human goalie mode is probably the worst its ever been

goalielivesmatte
106 posts Member
edited October 2020
Goalies don't even rotate properly and face the play even on basic one timers when you read it correctly. Reaction time to shots up close is awful. Every year forwards gets buffed while D and goalies remain the same or get worse and wondering why the game is so unbalanced. Patch it back and make goalies same as NHL 20 or 19 or 18 and dmen to intercept force passes they in passing lanes. The new RS desperation saves are dumb anyway, those are desperation saves that leaves you vulnerable. Try to fix goalies normal saves which goalies use 90%+ of the time.
Post edited by goalielivesmatte on

Replies

• goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @NHLDev Why does it over ride user input on some of the easiest read one timers and make the goalie go into auto butterfly animation early? Especially when you try to butterfly slide across to stop a one timer you read, but it overrides your input and just goes striaght down in butterfly instead of rotating body to the play and getting across. Not on all one timers, but it does that on some basic easy read ones sometimes. Don't tell me this was done on purpose to force us to use the awful desperation RS slides. SMH
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The average sv% for goalies in 6s club that have played at least 15 games or more is an awful 73% Congrats EA you accomplished ur mission. 73% sv percentage! It was like this in beta too. It used to be if your top goalie you can get sv% in ~88-90%.....then went down to ~85 sv% being good goalies......then 80 sv% was considered good last year. now if you have a sv% of 75% you considered good. pathetic. fix your game and make it balanced or stop making this game altogether please, so some other company can come in and fill the void since there will always be a market for hockey games even if its small.
  • The average sv% for goalies in 6s club that have played at least 15 games or more is an awful 73% Congrats EA you accomplished ur mission. 73% sv percentage! It was like this in beta too. It used to be if your top goalie you can get sv% in ~88-90%.....then went down to ~85 sv% being good goalies......then 80 sv% was considered good last year. now if you have a sv% of 75% you considered good. pathetic. fix your game and make it balanced or stop making this game altogether please, so some other company can come in and fill the void since there will always be a market for hockey games even if its small.

i don't play goalie but in my limited time with this new game in 6s with human goalies it seems a combination of things. More difficult to play defense (especially bad intercepts) with goalies that seem worse than ever have lead very easy scoring.

the few videos I've seen of good EASHL teams the shooting % was very high, like 40-60%. I'm surprised the average in club is 73%. I would think the best goalies would be looking at more like 75-80% themselves and the majority down in the 60s or worse. I actually take it as a positive that this early in the game the average is that high. Any idea what the average was in nhl 20?
  • The average sv% for goalies in 6s club that have played at least 15 games or more is an awful 73% Congrats EA you accomplished ur mission. 73% sv percentage! It was like this in beta too. It used to be if your top goalie you can get sv% in ~88-90%.....then went down to ~85 sv% being good goalies......then 80 sv% was considered good last year. now if you have a sv% of 75% you considered good. pathetic. fix your game and make it balanced or stop making this game altogether please, so some other company can come in and fill the void since there will always be a market for hockey games even if its small.

i don't play goalie but in my limited time with this new game in 6s with human goalies it seems a combination of things. More difficult to play defense (especially bad intercepts) with goalies that seem worse than ever have lead very easy scoring.

the few videos I've seen of good EASHL teams the shooting % was very high, like 40-60%. I'm surprised the average in club is 73%. I would think the best goalies would be looking at more like 75-80% themselves and the majority down in the 60s or worse. I actually take it as a positive that this early in the game the average is that high. Any idea what the average was in nhl 20?

you think 73sv% is high? lol. nhl 20 it you are good you can put up~80sv%....few years ago that number was in the high 80s...its been dipping every year since offence gets more tools while defense and goalies remain the same. its worse than its ever been bc like you said pass interceptions is terrible now so people just force cross crease all game since it works even when its covered. thats the only reason why goalies sv% took a major dip tho...the shot animation off one timers is now way faster than it was before so is shot power and accuracy where goalies dont even react to some onetimers even if you read it correct. just an unbalanced game.
  • I played a few games in net and I didn't find goalies weak. I actually found them the best since current gen. The one big issue is that passes go through defenders at an astronomical rate so stopping one timers is tough because passes move like lightning. But finally you have to challenge the shooter. Thank goodness.
  • I played a few games in net and I didn't find goalies weak. I actually found them the best since current gen. The one big issue is that passes go through defenders at an astronomical rate so stopping one timers is tough because passes move like lightning. But finally you have to challenge the shooter. Thank goodness.

I noticed the same thing. Even in drop-in human goalies were decent.
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I played a few games in net and I didn't find goalies weak. I actually found them the best since current gen. The one big issue is that passes go through defenders at an astronomical rate so stopping one timers is tough because passes move like lightning. But finally you have to challenge the shooter. Thank goodness.

The massive drop in sv% shows otherwise..but ok. You can have games here and there where you will have really good, but high enough sample size will show how much worse it is than previous years. Its not goalie getting worse but fowards shots animations getting better, force passes going through defense is what makes it worse since goalies pretty much have to rely on defense to be effective.

you think 73sv% is high? lol. nhl 20 it you are good you can put up~80sv%....few years ago that number was in the high 80s...its been dipping every year since offence gets more tools while defense and goalies remain the same. its worse than its ever been bc like you said pass interceptions is terrible now so people just force cross crease all game since it works even when its covered. thats the only reason why goalies sv% took a major dip tho...the shot animation off one timers is now way faster than it was before so is shot power and accuracy where goalies dont even react to some onetimers even if you read it correct. just an unbalanced game.

you said 73% wasn't a high "average" yet if you were good you can put up 80s. That would tell me 70s is average and bad is 60s or worse.

So if 80% was good last year and 73% is the "average" this year... I would bet good players are still getting in the 80s.

Thats why I asked if you knew what the "average" is for nhl 20.

It seems like scoring is higher, and for good reason, I'm just wondering how much higher it will be.
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The average sv% for goalies in 6s club that have played at least 15 games or more is an awful 73% Congrats EA you accomplished ur mission. 73% sv percentage! It was like this in beta too. It used to be if your top goalie you can get sv% in ~88-90%.....then went down to ~85 sv% being good goalies......then 80 sv% was considered good last year. now if you have a sv% of 75% you considered good. pathetic. fix your game and make it balanced or stop making this game altogether please, so some other company can come in and fill the void since there will always be a market for hockey games even if its small.

you said 73% wasn't a high "average" yet if you were good you can put up 80s. That would tell me 70s is average and bad is 60s or worse.

So if 80% was good last year and 73% is the "average" this year... I would bet good players are still getting in the 80s.

Thats why I asked if you knew what the "average" is for nhl 20.

It seems like scoring is higher, and for good reason, I'm just wondering how much higher it will be.

Goto the leaderboards sort by games played/6s club and you wont see a single goalie with over 79sv% with 15 or more games played. Most are in mid 70s% range. Last year there were a bunch in low 80s%...litreally 0 rn even at 80sv%

I noticed the same thing. Even in drop-in human goalies were decent.

I don't play goalie EVER. So I'll never comment. It just seemed like human goalies weren't that strong. Maybe its just because scoring is so easy that I felt this way.

I think maybe I was able to find about 15 drop in games in 2 nights of trial play. Almost half of which were 3s... even thought I hate 3s there was just no option.

I would say in games where "average" players were in the game we scored at least 8-10 goals. probably 1/3 of the games every single team mate was so mentally challenged they might as well have laid on the ice in our own end (better then what did happen which was to never even be there) or shoot it over the glass every time they touched it (at least that wouldn't have been a turnover in transition). So scoring can be a challenge then. But as long as you have 5 guys that basically just go stand around in the right areas, pass it around and shoot you will score a lot of goals.

I'm really interested to see some videos of top 6s teams playing each other. I'm expecting conservative defense from a gap perspective until the offense is setup and maybe more aggressive/active defense rather than just sit in the lanes, clogging everything up.