EA Forums - Banner

Is this game (HUT and gameplay) the same as NHL 20?

I am a HUT player and everything looks exactly the same as NHL 20 in the menus save for slight font and colour changes.

Is the gameplay the same? I haven't played a game yet, because I was surprised, although only mildly, that it looks the same.

Do people still puck protect against air and fire 100-foot tape to tape backhand passes?

I find online play is fun against 50% of the people out there, but that number is decreasing as people learn the exploits.

I want Sim hockey, not NHL 20.

Replies

• in the menu you xan change colour to nhl20...
    at the nhl20 menu you can change colour to nhl21....

if you want a sim hockey.... at first minutes of play i founded the same bugs... the players are inactive at third period.... it is still the same as before nhl19/nhl20. It is still the same bug which ruin the game.

gameplay looks little bit better until this moment is happen. I am done after 3hours of offline mode play. I will not play hockey this year. I will not play madden this year the same. I will not play fifa this year.

I will not play EA sports sports game until EA will not do a holy new team of development. This team is not understand how hockey/soccer/fotbal must do transfer to "sim" videogame.

I found only one different between nhl20/nhl21 which has any effect on gameplay-> nhl21 features the elbowing foul! yes, it is in the game finally....

I am now playing star wars from EA. it is solid game because it is not a sport game.

• I am a HUT player and everything looks exactly the same as NHL 20 in the menus save for slight font and colour changes.

Is the gameplay the same? I haven't played a game yet, because I was surprised, although only mildly, that it looks the same.

Do people still puck protect against air and fire 100-foot tape to tape backhand passes?

I find online play is fun against 50% of the people out there, but that number is decreasing as people learn the exploits.

I want Sim hockey, not NHL 20.

You have to try it for yourself and then compare it to 20 ,and as for the rest exploits are still there, the backhand it's still there and as for a sim ,like I said try it and compare 21 to 20
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Tried it for an hour. It's the same. I played two games against the same team and same difficulty level and in one game the opponent chased me and threw bodychecks and in the other they didn't.

Cancelling my preorder.

I've bought every NHL game for Xbox since they stopped making it for PC, but not 21.

Not complaining, just tellin' my story.
    Post edited by WealthyFriends on
  • opposite of "sim" hockey. if watching youtube goal highlights and making a game based on that is "sim" hockey then ya this is sim hockey where defence and goalies are just pylons to make the fowards look good.
  • WealthyFriends
    893 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Four last comments to make

1 They should be listening to people who have bought this game every single year but have made a decision to not buy it this year, but want to help make it better, not handpicked Gamechangers.

2 It's time to get out of that vicious circle of playing 35 Squad Battles games per week just to get more rewards to play 35 more Squad Battles games next week, because the gameplay is tedious and just not fun. It only takes 20 or so games per week to separate skill levels.

3 THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE THE MENUS LOOK DIFFERENT SO THAT IT FEELS LIKE A NEW GAME. It's a matter of principle to me.

4 As stated by a developer in another thread, they purposely dumbed-down your AI defenders to force you to take control of them. As long as this is the case, the easiest way to score will be onetimers, since it's not possible to control two players at a time. Before the Next Gen version of the game in which they "BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP!", there was an almost perfect balance of this wasn't there?

Addendum: Is that stupid hooting noise still coming from the crowd?
  • They decreased the rate of intercepted passes, added a few lines of commentary, and shipped out last year's game with a new title. Were you expecting something else??
  • 32Doak wrote: »
    They decreased the rate of intercepted passes, added a few lines of commentary, and shipped out last year's game with a new title. Were you expecting something else??

My expectations were met, sadly
  • Almost forgot to ask:

Can people still rag the puck in their own zone to kill the time when up a goal, without penalty?

(Not like a delay of game penalty or something like that, I mean like losing control of the puck or something, that type of penalty.)