EA Forums - Banner

I love it.

Prev134567
Okey, let's get it over with, I know it's never a popular opinion (god forbid) to say anything good about the game, so im gonna try to keep it short.

If you going to play this game like 20 you gonna be in alot of trouble. You do have to be alot more easy on the gas, (mark my word: just a tip) and push when you get the chance. If you forececk all the time, people gonna have alot of fun with you.

I played 4 games, not one singel cross crease was put behind my goalie, I did a couple thou, when my opponent's was way of in the defensive play.

Thats my next point, why people think defense have been nerfed can only mean you didn't play your own defense, if you let your AI play defense, that too, gonna mean trouble for you.

I could actually play hockey, move around the puck, and if no one bealive me when I say I played real hockey and it work, im happy to show you in a game.

When people startin to adapt to this years game, it's gonna be 70% more close to hockey then 20 was.

Easy with patch the game now, let this sink in for a while, then make a move.

Good work Dev team, it felt better then the test too! 👍

There you have it!

Replies

• Are you playing ai on semi pro ?
  • I do not understand what hockey do you mean? online versus or offline mode?
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Okey, let's get it over with, I know it's never a popular opinion (god forbid) to say anything good about the game, so im gonna try to keep it short.

If you going to play this game like 20 you gonna be in alot of trouble. You do have to be alot more easy on the gas, (mark my word: just a tip) and push when you get the chance. If you forececk all the time, people gonna have alot of fun with you.

I played 4 games, not one singel cross crease was put behind my goalie, I did a couple thou, when my opponent's was way of in the defensive play.

Thats my next point, why people think defense have been nerfed can only mean you didn't play your own defense, if you let your AI play defense, that too, gonna mean trouble for you.

I could actually play hockey, move around the puck, and if no one bealive me when I say I played real hockey and it work, im happy to show you in a game.

When people startin to adapt to this years game, it's gonna be 70% more close to hockey then 20 was.

There you have it!

Yea, the game is great, tbh.

People complaining about being burned by their opponents' speed are simply not playing proper defense. I'll get yelled at by the hockey IQ people but playing defense in this game is far more realistic than it was in '20.

Yes, it can be frustrating to get overtaken by a forward that seemingly has ungodly speed - but the reality is that skilled players know how to generate enough unimpeded movements from the breakout, through the neutral zone to gather speed and momentum.

NOT recognizing this build-up of speed from the other team's breakout will result in you being burned.

So, thankfully, defense has not only become more about 'gap control' and 'spacing' and all the things the hockey IQ gods preach about - it's also about something the hockey IQ gods always fail to mention while writing their thesis on their personal views of how to play; you now have to READ the play developing in front of you while simultaneously keeping gap control plus being precise with your Defensive Skill Stick
    - which EA has nailed this year.... please don't cave to the kids who cry about it being "OP"
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

There you have it!

Yea, the game is great, tbh.

People complaining about being burned by their opponents' speed are simply not playing proper defense. I'll get yelled at by the hockey IQ people but playing defense in this game is far more realistic than it was in '20.

Yes, it can be frustrating to get overtaken by a forward that seemingly has ungodly speed - but the reality is that skilled players know how to generate enough unimpeded movements from the breakout, through the neutral zone to gather speed and momentum.

NOT recognizing this build-up of speed from the other team's breakout will result in you being burned.

So, thankfully, defense has not only become more about 'gap control' and 'spacing' and all the things the hockey IQ gods preach about - it's also about something the hockey IQ gods always fail to mention while writing their thesis on their personal views of how to play; you now have to READ the play developing in front of you while simultaneously keeping gap control plus being precise with your Defensive Skill Stick
    - which EA has nailed this year.... please don't cave to the kids who cry about it being "OP"

Very nicely put. Can’t say it better.

Its a relief people that only step on the gas and play no defense finaly have to pay for it.

Only thing thats bother me is the once that glide and deke, but I dont really know if it's for something good, but it mess up the flow sometimes.

To play hockey, straight up, startin to be the best tactic, halleluja, praise the lord of hockey.
  • This game is 'dirty!' You can hold your head up high, Ben, and the rest that put together this masterpiece.

The things you can do is just amazing, to never know if your shot will be a goal or a save. Thats the 'rush' I need to have!

How are you even gonna 'patch' this game..?.

• [quote="Sega82mega;c-2161903"]This game is 'dirty!' You can hold your head up high, Ben, and the rest that put together this masterpiece.

The things you can do is just amazing, to never know if your shot will be a goal or a save. Thats the 'rush' I need to have!

How are you even gonna 'patch' this game..?.

[/quote]

While i think the game's not bad, a 'masterpiece' it's definitely not.
  • Put it like this.. Never been this close the ice without being on the ice.
  • So far I agree with you! I've been enjoying it. Improvements can happen of course but so far I haven't had anything but fun playing
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Whats most importantly for me is to be able to play 'my hockey' without getting too much affected if my opponent's choose not to play hockey, and yes, so far, I don't seen any direct advantage of trying the old ways to 'glitch, cheese, being generally toxic' and get away with it, I can manage it without having to do too much and still be able to keep to my game plan.

Why cross creases happen so alot right now, is beacuse it's so much easier to find that gap on the ice that we havent had in previous game, and if you don't just try to use that gap to score cross creases, and instead use it to try other goals, it's amazing goals you can do. Almost like it's only your imagination that sets the limits.

Hehe yeah improvements on this can be really good.. yes indeed.

* having a hard time to stop playing... 'just another one...'..A voice in my head... Never ending.. 😄
  • And not a single person is surprised.
  • Ya I agree. Way more fun on both sides of the ice.
  • So when an online opponent chooses to rag the puck, playing keepaway until the game ends, do you still feel the same way?
  • Sega82mega
    3765 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    So when an online opponent chooses to rag the puck, playing keepaway until the game ends, do you still feel the same way?

Im close to advance to div 3, I have come together with people that I know had been a really pain in the back to face if it wasen't for this game, they can try to rag how much they want, I forececk them down. I honestly don't see much of rag. And thats the beauty of this game, much easier to 'force' people to play hockey.

I dont know what they should focus on to improve, as I see it, the A.I might be the most importantly to improve, if something. So that the A.I proceed to give as much support as it can, to everyone thats here to play. (whatever they do to get this gap, is a good thing, is there even more to improve on that, go for that).

*But so you know, I understand it can be hard to play against rag hockey and all that. I hate that so much so I have train really hard to learn how I best can do to put pressure on them.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • This game needs a tuner ASAP. Your ai teammates are so stupid it's insane. It doesn't matter how much you concentrate on positioning in online vs or HUT, you just need to rag the puck, go down to boards and backhand pass cross crease to a open guy. I have spent whole games just focusing on trying to stop that but the puck goes through legs, body's and sticks so it's impossible for 3 periods.

Every game is like 8-4 or 10- 3 or whatever.

Saying learn to play defensive hockey I ****. It's impossible because it's broken.
  • shuckandjive
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm going to admit that I was wrong. The technical test was horrible and I was not going to buy the game. Someone talked me in to the EA play trial and final game plays so much better. I ended up buying a copy and I'm liking it so far.

The pass interceptions are in a much better place than they were. The skating transitions are much better than they were. You have to play smart D but it's not completely crippling like it was.

Playing aggressive defense is actually the way to go, and this year will separate the good defenders from the pilons.

I was completely ready to make my stand and skip the year but I'm pretty happy that I don't actually have to.

(Note:. This is all in reference to playing club games)
  • I'm going to admit that I was wrong. The technical test was horrible and I was not going to buy the game. Someone talked me in to the EA play trial and final game plays so much better. I ended up buying a copy and I'm liking it so far.

The pass interceptions are in a much better place than they were. The skating transitions are much better than they were. You have to play smart D but it's not completely crippling like it was.

Playing aggressive defense is actually the way to go, and this year will separate the good defenders from the pilons.

I was completely ready to make my stand and skip the year but I'm pretty happy that I don't actually have to.

Fun to hear, enjoy your hockey! 👍
  • I'm going to admit that I was wrong. The technical test was horrible and I was not going to buy the game. Someone talked me in to the EA play trial and final game plays so much better. I ended up buying a copy and I'm liking it so far.

(Note:. This is all in reference to playing club games)

What this guy said. There's a bunch that is much better than the tech test. It took a few games to realize it and I had to adjust some things. Overall the game may be better than 20, thats hard to say.

There's still a lot about this game that bothers me. In 25 or so games of drop in I think I've had about 8 that just glitched at the end and didn't count? Stuff like that I could go on and on about. I just don't bother any more because EA doesn't seem to care about drop in... which should be the most popular mode but they are slowly just letting it die.

But the concerns about defense are not nearly as high as they seemed "IF" playing with competent humans. If playing with AI? Good luck... you will need it.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I dunno, it seems pass interceptions are real bad, all you need to do is throw the puck towards the goal, and it's more likely your guy will one time the puck in the net, regardless of how many opponents are in the way?

Maybe using DSS would help in deflecting the puck away, I am not sure. Haven't had enought time to try it. Maybe play some training matches against AI to see. This is why it would have been vital to have training mode with opposing human players. To try things out in peace.

Second thing, defenders getting burned by speeding opponents. Yes, it's a thing. Very easy to do too, unless the dman is standing/skating directly in the path of the opponent. If you're placed a little diagonally in relation to the opponent's path of movement, you simply don't have the time to get in the way by skating. And turning and chasing takes so much time that you're already lost. The only thing you can try is DSS your stick to keep him besides you.

Poking and DSS seem a little more useful, but you still get penalties if you're not careful. I think it's otherwise ok, but the puck seems to be either A) very hard to dislodge, or B) very easy to dislodge but returns back to the stick of the opponent, so there's lots of micro posession changes in a very short time. Maybe something to do with puck control stats? Playing against high AVR CPU opponents, you notice they pick the puck very easily from you.

I guess this could use a little tweaking and/or getting used to?
  • Just beacuse you happen to be in the passing lane it dosent have to mean you are in the right position to impact the play. Its like a dance, you need to follow he's move and attack when you meet at the exact middle.

If you havent read the play and moved your control player in right direactions compare to your opponent, the opponent will have the advantage.

Thats why you can swing your DSS to swipe out your opponent's skates (tripp him) without anything happen. That means your way behind.

Can call it diffrent dimensions on the ice or something.
  • I dont' know much better place to intercept the pass than being in the passing lane? Especially if you're facing the puck? Then seeing it pass under you stick or between your legs is rather depressing.

Of course it depends on your distance to the passer and receiver. But tell me how is it that the receiver can get the pass without problems, but you who are standing right in front of him and facing the same direction as him, just stand there helplessly and watch? It happens way more often than in 20 for example.