EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Skating Styles Help (Dev?)

GramerProfesur
549 posts Member
edited October 2020
Anyone have a description of how the skating styles work?

For example, Stride Height seems like its how low your skater stays but can’t tell if 0 or 99 is low or high. Changes aren’t noticeable to determine which is which. If someone has a guide that would be great @NHLDev
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• I was doing the same thing. I’d love to get an explanation of what each one actually does. I was changing stuff from 0-99 but I assume some stuff would be even more pronounced if a certain one wasn’t at 0 you know?

Stride height - how high knees come up?
    Stride gait - how far your legs push out?

The skating styles really are enticing me to get 21 and create guys I know, played with, family, friends in the game as they’ll feel that much more unique.
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I was doing the same thing. I’d love to get an explanation of what each one actually does. I was changing stuff from 0-99 but I assume some stuff would be even more pronounced if a certain one wasn’t at 0 you know?

Stride height - how high knees come up?
    Stride gait - how far your legs push out?

The skating styles really are enticing me to get 21 and create guys I know, played with, family, friends in the game as they’ll feel that much more unique.

Yeah it’s definitely a cool feature although pretty disappointing that only some players use them. MacKinnon has a unique style as does Eichel, that’s all I’ve seen so far. No McDavid, Barzal which are some of the most distinct skaters out there

I’m gonna have to sit down and edit them but I have no idea which way is which. It’s a guessing game at this point.
  • Soooooo no one knows. Cool
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    463 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I just keep changing sliders until it looks like I flap my arms like a bird - For normal pepple, I doubt any of this would be overly noticible