EA Forums - Banner

Fix pass interceptions

Force fest now and so many passes gets through even when dman in perfect position taking away the lane but goes between his legs to open guy on other side. Everyone just forces passes non stop in 6s now because it works. Fix it. Idk why you guys love offence so much, make a balanced game instead. Offence already have 10x more tools than defense and goalies, they don't need force passes getting through to help them even more.

Replies

• I agree. This makes the game feel broken and unplayable. Hopefully this is fixed very soon.
  • It’s literally all or nothing with EA, no balance at all. In NHL 20 the interceptions were so ridiculously OP to start the year that they had to nerf them big time. This year it’s the complete opposite, you can force passes through 2-3 players no problem. Fix your game EA!
  • yes interception is not working! tuner 1.00 test positive. tuner 1.01 test posititive! fix this issue!!!!
  • > @HabsCowboysOwn said:
    > It’s literally all or nothing with EA, no balance at all. In NHL 20 the interceptions were so ridiculously OP to start the year that they had to nerf them big time. This year it’s the complete opposite, you can force passes through 2-3 players no problem. Fix your game EA!

Exactly this^
  • It definitely needs balance, especially for 6s. One-timers that get through should require high skill and anticipation from a goalie to stop and getting those passes through should take high skill and anticipation to complete. I think 1 on 1 shots with the goaltender are in a respectable place at the moment.
  • goalielivesmatte
    106 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Holding down LT/L2 and Up while waiting for a pass to get forced through. So much skill required!!!! Make playing forward easier please.
  • It would be nice if there was a timing based one timer system. The fact you can press up well before the puck arrives makes it really easy. Sure, they did add things like balance and stuff but timing is the most critical thing when it comes to controller one timers, Should be at least.
  • Sega82mega
    3796 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    It would be nice if there was a timing based one timer system. The fact you can press up well before the puck arrives makes it really easy. Sure, they did add things like balance and stuff but timing is the most critical thing when it comes to controller one timers, Should be at least.

Would be soooo cool, and good for the game. Only thing - connection/delay might screw this up. But I dont know how much.

Manual sauce D to D is more about timing, I had some really crooked shots and some heavy bombs by doing that.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was a timing based one timer system. The fact you can press up well before the puck arrives makes it really easy. Sure, they did add things like balance and stuff but timing is the most critical thing when it comes to controller one timers, Should be at least.

Would be soooo cool, and good for the game. Only thing - connection/delay might screw this up. But I dont know how much.

Manual sauce D to D is more about timing, I had some really crooked shots and some heavy bombs by doing that.

This is a solid point. Some of us do have lag issues/input delay. That would screw people over a lot. If interceptions are improved though that may be good enough to make this work better.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1732 posts Member
    edited October 2020

I could be mistaken here - but I have a theory that there's an accuracy buff if you time your one-timers just like you've described.

Because the game doesn't require the timing and we've all spent years holding shoot right after we pass - it might not be noticeable to everyone.

But give it a shot while you're playing next time - put my theory to task.

Alternatively - I wouldn't mind @NHLDev popping in here to shut that theory down if it's not the case.

That being said - executing one-timers how you've described is another good way to ensure the player receiving the puck is choosing the correct contextual animation at the time of reception rather than deciding what shot to use the moment the pass leaves the stick.

The change in decision could be the difference between a good shot and a bad shot - all based on when you instructed the 'shoot' mechanic.
  • Sega82mega
    3796 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Sega82mega wrote: »

This is a solid point. Some of us do have lag issues/input delay. That would screw people over a lot. If interceptions are improved though that may be good enough to make this work better.

I would be ready to sacrifice alot just by EA trying this concept. I think its worth a shot! 😃✊

People will ask for EA to bring back thoose easy cross creases we had in 21..😬😄
  • It would be nice if there was a timing based one timer system. The fact you can press up well before the puck arrives makes it really easy. Sure, they did add things like balance and stuff but timing is the most critical thing when it comes to controller one timers, Should be at least.

I could be mistaken here - but I have a theory that there's an accuracy buff if you time your one-timers just like you've described.

Because the game doesn't require the timing and we've all spent years holding shoot right after we pass - it might not be noticeable to everyone.

But give it a shot while you're playing next time - put my theory to task.

That I do not know. I do know that balance plays into the accuracy. It is one of those grey areas that is hard to navigate. We have all seen the backdoor cross crease where the player just holds out his stick and deflects it in. I would add that a cross body one timer (a lefty on the left side, for instance) is the hardest one to pull off accurately with pace. If you are on your off wing (the great 8's powerplay shot) have at it but a cross body should be a nerf by default.

We know that shooting has a few areas of "difficulty" to it, in general. Balance, feet set, etc. Perhaps that is something that will come in the future as they have dedicated time into shooting as a whole.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »

I would be ready to sacrifice alot just by EA trying this concept. I think its worth a shot! 😃✊

People will ask for EA to bring back thoose easy cross creases we had in 21..😬😄

The problem lies with who tests this stuff and who gets to have the final say based off of what. It would be cool if console games (like several PC mil-sim games I play) had open test servers and stuff where new ideas/experiments could be tested and you can provide real-time feedback. However, that probably is not practical to begin with. I think we can agree that when they do the first patch we hope for it to be set in stone but that too isn't a practical assumption.

We shall see, sir

They will never do this, it will make forwards have a skill gap. Should at least have something like the throw meter on MLB the show, its really easy to master but still requires some sort of skill instead of just holding up and waiting. Same for deflections, should be manual as well instead of RNG rewarding automatically for standing in front of the net.
  • Should interceptions be manual?
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Davanial wrote: »
    Should interceptions be manual?

Sure, if pulling off dekes were harder than a button press.
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    yes interception is not working! tuner 1.00 test positive. tuner 1.01 test posititive! fix this issue!!!!

still not working. online / offline mode does not matter. this game is unplayble still. I am a customer I do want repair this dement bug