EA Forums - Banner

NHL 21 Face scans

Who doesn't have em? Are they still punishing Frederik Andersen? He's been in the nhl and a top 7 or top 10 goalie.

Replies

• I have noticed in other forum (see Operation Sports the thread of TravolterJohn) there are just very, very few new face scans. It seems to be a real poor effort of EA for NHL 21 when it comes to more player likeness. I deeply hope that they will add more face scans in upcoming roster updates. Please, EA, come on...make your customers smile🙂👍
  • EA_Aljo
    3042 posts EA Community Manager
    darkryd3r wrote: »
    I have noticed in other forum (see Operation Sports the thread of TravolterJohn) there are just very, very few new face scans. It seems to be a real poor effort of EA for NHL 21 when it comes to more player likeness. I deeply hope that they will add more face scans in upcoming roster updates. Please, EA, come on...make your customers smile🙂👍

I'm pretty sure face scans didn't happen this year due to the pandemic. I know this is really frustrating for many of you that are really passionate about player likeness, but it would be difficult to add them if we can't have players come in to perform the scans.
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    I have noticed in other forum (see Operation Sports the thread of TravolterJohn) there are just very, very few new face scans. It seems to be a real poor effort of EA for NHL 21 when it comes to more player likeness. I deeply hope that they will add more face scans in upcoming roster updates. Please, EA, come on...make your customers smile🙂👍

I'm pretty sure face scans didn't happen this year due to the pandemic. I know this is really frustrating for many of you that are really passionate about player likeness, but it would be difficult to add them if we can't have players come in to perform the scans.

FIFA and virtually every other sports game uses images to “scan” a players face when they can’t sit them down and scan them. That’s why virtually every player In major leagues have a scanned face.

No excuse for this team to not be able to do that. Technology is there.
  • darkryd3r
    131 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Thanks EA_Aljo for your reply👍

First I like to say that I am happy that EA releases NHL 21 despite Covid and despite not being ready for next gen consoles. My appreciation🥰

However, we know that EA did a lot of face scans during the last few years without having released them by now. See last years' face scan thread.

Therefore I hoped and I am still hoping that EA could release some more of the so far unreleased face scans that (probably) are in stock. Also because of the pandemic situation which makes it difficult to scan now further players, why not releasing some more scans which actually are available from stock?

I know maybe it is difficult to get the licences from NHLPA. But anyway, it would be nice if EA can make some more efforts for likenesses.

Still hoping....🙂
  • Not sure about face scans yet but Kinkaid has Joel Lundqvists (Henriks brother) picture.
  • Not sure about face scans yet but Kinkaid has Joel Lundqvists (Henriks brother) picture.

lol
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Thank you for your answer but then again...

Yeah, that might the reason but I really doubt that EA built a time machine to scan young Gordie Howe and
    Guy Lafleur for example yet somehow they do have face scans in the game. If you could scan a 10 players/year and get their likeness 100% correct or just create them by scanning photos and add every teams starting line ups where the player’s likeness is 90% I’d choose the latter ten times out of ten.

Also a proper Create a player -feature would be spot on. Not like the current one which has been the same like 10 years where you can choose between 200 different faces the closest but 90% of the faces don’t even look like humans. Something where you can have multiple sliders to change the facial features like the distance between the eyes, length and width of the nose and so on. Then I (and I bet several other people who are passionate about the player likeness) wouldn’t rant about this every year. It would be also a fun game mode to us offline players and I would use several hours creating players to replace those with the awful generic faces.

It would be nice for EA to show some love for us offline players too. I do realise that the money comes from the online game modes but still. I bet I’m not the only one who hates to see every team consisting of couple of star players and the rest are Joe NHL’s with a different name and jersey number.

Haha, really.. Lucky for him, he's a cutie.. 😁
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLHUT/comments/kr53ao/eye_on_the_puck_jake/

A little something I found on reddit and felt I wanna share my laugh...

Perfect face for the situation, great work EA! 😄👍
  • Even the face scans they do have look crap compared too other games.