EA Forums - Banner

Stopping cross-creasing tip

2Next

Replies

• This is how you not going to defend cross creases, or anything really.. Just by standing still..
  • johnny2fingaz
    253 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    In EASHL, stopping cross crease is far easier thanversus. Because well ... the AI is NOT very good at it. What I’ve tried multiple different ways to stop cross crease in versus. Rushing the puck carrier, limiting time and space actually kinda worked!!! Until you play a tight game with a jabroni and he scores another CC to make it a 3-2 with 20 seconds left. So moral killing

I looked for some videos - and ol sleeveless gamer had a tip of basically pressure the puck carrier and get close... THEN switch off to the guys he’s probably gonna pass to. So yeah- this versus game has turned into a skill zone fest which kinda makes me sad... cuz it actually works far better than any other method. Besides the really weak weakside defenders, this game is so much better ..... but the crappy AI is killing me here in this particular scenario !

• And @KidShowtime1867 thanks so much for the gifs and your input. Nice to see some constructive feedback
  • Sega82mega
    2572 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I play cross creases defense the total opposite.. I give the puck carrier how much time he wants, as long as he don't try a short side or cross crease. Im really close to he's 'cross crease player' infront of the net. But in that way, yeah it's a sort of skill zoning, but you can just control one player at the time, and if my opponent don't want to play another style of hockey, there's not much to do.

But how I defend in 21 is so much more relaxing/fun then how boring and sweaty it was in 20.

The A.I is good on slowing down puck carrier that just want to dangel, meanwhile I try to match the exact same pace he's other's AI player have.. That way I dont have to slow the puck carrier down myself and give up position infront of the net.

If I do this 100% right, then they can try to cross crease all game long with no luck.. You can really see the frustration sometimes..
  • Great thread guys! Following with interest (even though I don't yet own the game LOL)
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • When I try and hold R2 for a cross crease pass it automatically passes and doesn't let me hold it on my stick, does anyone know why its doing this?
  • EA_Aljo
    2350 posts EA Community Manager
    When I try and hold R2 for a cross crease pass it automatically passes and doesn't let me hold it on my stick, does anyone know why its doing this?

Hi there. It's possible this is controller related. Do you have another you can try?
  • you probably got your trigger stops acclimated if you are using a controller that has trigger stops