EA Forums - Banner

wow!!

i have never played a game in my life that made me mad the entirety of the experience. this is coming from an actual hockey player.

the controls are absolutely atrocious. throw the whole engine away and start over. unresponsive sloppy garbage.

why is pass speed correlated to time held rather than pressure?

why cant i move my feet? you guys spent all this time on the skill stick modifier putting in special moves that youve seen on tv that are almost useless 98% of the game and completely created a lackluster stick handling experience. the responsiveness and practicality of just being able to move the puck left and right while only being able to glide is sooooooooo bad. there is no explosiveness in agility, or shiftyness in the skating. the contact engine is weaaaaaaak bro.

you have literally created the most dreadful hockey experience you could have possibly done. stop focussing on adding textures to the same weak **** game and work on the physics, lace up a pair of skates, jesus.

the offense and defensive battles are so basic. the cheesey exploit game play is unbearable.

please fine tune puck handling with more precise controls and get rid of the skill stick modifier moves, and make skating more explosive. i would much rather manually cut somebody up than watch a stupid slow unreliable coded animation.

i could write a book on how ridiculously bad this game is, and id love a refund. i wouldnt recommend this game to literally anyone, i could go to three pick up ice games with the money i spent on this.

ea please hire me, i will make you game actually fun. put me in the suit with all the balls on it. your game caters to fans, and not players. i cant stand it.

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4769 posts EA Community Manager
    Thank you for taking time out to post your honest feedback on the game, @SpittinFiar

Can you describe a little more on what you mean by this though?

"why is pass speed correlated to time held rather than pressure?"

If you're genuinely interested in joining the EA NHL Team, our career page is linked below to explore.

https://www.ea.com/careers
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > Thank you for taking time out to post your honest feedback on the game, @SpittinFiar
    >
    > Can you describe a little more on what you mean by this though?
    >
    > "why is pass speed correlated to time held rather than pressure?"
    >
    > If you're genuinely interested in joining the EA NHL Team, our career page is linked below to explore.
    >
    > https://www.ea.com/careers

I believe back in the xbox 360 days, in NHL the power of your pass was determined by how much pressure you would put on your pass button on the moment of release. Nowadays the power of your pass is determined on how long you hold the button down before releasing.

I also have hated this change and I couldn't understand why they removed the ability to easily control how hard or soft your pass was
  • Thank you for taking time out to post your honest feedback on the game, @SpittinFiar

Can you describe a little more on what you mean by this though?

"why is pass speed correlated to time held rather than pressure?"

If you're genuinely interested in joining the EA NHL Team, our career page is linked below to explore.

https://www.ea.com/careers

"if you don't like it make it yourself" is a great company slogan!
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Travisty093

Thank you for the explanation. I believe the change was done that way to make it more consistent when you passed. When it was by sensitivity you might pass it faster than intended or when hardware breaks down (controller trigger) that can pose an issue.
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > @Travisty093
    >
    > Thank you for the explanation. I believe the change was done that way to make it more consistent when you passed. When it was by sensitivity you might pass it faster than intended or when hardware breaks down (controller trigger) that can pose an issue.

Is there any way to have that option brought back as an optional setting? Like the ones for auto back skate and auto puck cover?
  • EA_Blueberry
    @Travisty093

I suppose it could be possible. Do you think a lot of players would opt to use that style instead?
  • > @EA_Blueberry said:
    > @Travisty093
    >
    > I suppose it could be possible. Do you think a lot of players would opt to use that style instead?

Majority of people I have talked to really wish that option was available. I personally would use it. I would much rather have the ability to hold the passing button at a strength and adjust as the situation presented itself and then cancel if need be then needing to constantly cancel passes.

Another frustrating thing I've noticed over the years is the logic that determines which player the user is switching to. I believe when you want to switch players it brings you to the nearest players that are near the puck. I wish we were able to aim with the joystick in the direction of which player we would want to switch to as there are situations where I don't want to switch to the closest players but maybe I want to control the winger back checking or something
  • I suppose there is a certain skill in knowing how long to hold/how hard to pass but I wouldn't mind being given the option.

Actually, if I'm being honest, I would much rather have minimum/maximum thresholds to choose from so we wouldn't really need to worry - An added ability to never ever touch pass would also be amazing since the computer seems to take a great pleasure in messing up all your plays