EA Forums - Banner

Stop lying to yourselves, cross crease is trash

Replies

  • Another post from reddit:

    Quote;


    This game gets really funny when you can defend the cross creases.

    Thanks captain obvious. But seriously, I started off this year getting torched by one timers. Recently I've found a way to not entirely stop them, but at least stop some of them. I kinda discuss it in my post before this one, it's not skillzoning but it's toeing that line. Not an overly fun way to play d but at least now instead of 6 one timers against, it's only 3 😂.

    The other thing I've noticed is how reliant most players are on the one t. It's like it's the only way they know how to score and if you take it away, they just keep trying. I love when someone is defending the one t against me, they give me the shot and usually the short side cheese will work. I still go for one timers but only when it's open. Otherwise I'll bait him into thinking I'm about to pass and get an open lane for a shot. I'm sure in the higher tiers it's a totally different story, this is my tier 5 story!

    End quote

    And this is after one week with the game, so hang in there people, it's not impossible.

    And as he said, just that everyone know that cross creases is dangerous, you can use that weapon to do something else.

    Try other shots.. Might fool your opponent.
  • He anticipates it but failed to position himself very well imo. If he LT’ed and put his back to the receiver and backed up slightly quickly then stopped his inputs for a split-second, he would’ve picked the pass off.

    100% he could've played it better but my point is in regards to the comment

    we don't need those so-called 'easy goals' when we understand the passing mechanic well and can easily pull an opponent out of their defensive stance

    This gif includes good passing but dont kid yourself. The passing didnt put this guy in a tizzy, he's just flat out bad at D. But even though he could have tucked it in or even fed the trailer, Kid goes to the OP cross crease.

    I mean, as a goalie, if you pass across rather than shooting or dropping on a 3-on-1, that’s going to have an “OP” success rate IRL. Goalie is playing the scenario like his defender isn’t completely incompetent and therefore the cross-crease should go in.

    Long story short, we should just disregard the clip when it comes to the state of pass interceptions. It’s not showing someone who is truly good at defense or knows what they’re doing getting beat by the state of pass interceptions.
  • Its not just the cross crease getting through...main problem is that they uped the shot power and accuracy on shots up close. Before they had that one overpowered shovel one timer animation on cross creaes...now litreally every shot there is no delay to stop the puck for a split second before shooting. Fowards can shoot the puck INSTANTLY off those passes.

    Game is broken and so unbalanced because of this.
  • I could not disagree more. If you let guys get behind you then you deserve to pay for it.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1385 posts Member
    edited October 2020

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    I just want defence to work with some consistency. I never rely on the ai and play active defense utilizing the dss, or stick lift, or checks. I don't just sit waiting for the puck like a pylon.

    So you're wrong.

    It's undeniable that cross crease is op and borderline broken. You guys just want to keep your easy goals. I do to lol, but defence isn't working as well as it should.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1055 posts Member
    edited October 2020

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    I just want defence to work with some consistency. I never rely on the ai and play active defense utilizing the dss, or stick lift, or checks. I don't just sit waiting for the puck like a pylon.

    So you're wrong.

    It's undeniable that cross crease is op and borderline broken. You guys just want to keep your easy goals. I do to lol, but defence isn't working as well as it should.

    I’m a full-time defenseman who has never done anything but advocate for better defensive balance all-around. When I was a competitive online gamer in LG, I had multiple seasons with 0 goals and a crazy high +/-. I never score goals. I don’t find them terribly rewarding. I don’t like taking on guys with the puck, it’s not my strong-suit. I don’t read cutting lanes and openings very well as a forward, I’m the first to admit it. But I do see the game well when I play defense. I have good vision and can catalyst a breakout very well. My strong-suit has always been my defensive play though. I’d say I play like a Brodin. So it baffles me to read that my experiences and opinions are coming from a perspective centered around scoring goals.

    I’m the first to admit it needs buffing in 1v1 modes, but I will never agree that the state of pass interceptions is broken or even close to awful in its current state for player locked modes. Again, I’ve been using the same techniques I learned in NHL 13 when we first had to learn the whole feather LS and face the play technique to reliably pick off passes. I’m using a PMD with no traits to buff my DA. Why am I not having issues and you think it’s broken? Have you changed your approach at all? Have you tried to drive play defensively earlier than in previous games to lower the chances of forced cross creases even happening? Is your partner taking away time and space? Are your forwards back checking and back pressuring? Are you giving up a ton of odd-man rushes as a team?

    There’s so many factors that go into an eventual forced pass being missed by the defender, so it seems silly to only focus on the actual interception. Especially when again, I am not having any difficulty adjusting to the new state of pass interceptions. They definitely cut down the leeway you had with providing inputs, but they also allowed people to play a much more active brand of defense to deny those chances before they’re even happening.

    I’ll agree to disagree with you about the state of interceptions, I’ll respect your opinion, but don’t assume my perspective or intentions of why I think the pass interceptions are fine. Should I assume you were someone who lived and died by the crutch the last three years and were a primary beneficiary of an OP mechanic that requires little to no skill? Should I assume you have no precision with your skating or stick which is why you’re getting burned by the interceptions this year? I don’t think that’d be too fair considering I don’t know the modes you play nor your style of play nor your skill level. We can have differing opinions that stem from something more than skill deficiencies.

  • Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    Sure. When they do that they can also make forwards manually time one timers instead of just holding up. And pass assist can be locked at zero for everyone. And all the countless advantages offense has that just require you to be there holding a button but for some reason you think defense should require way more than that. Yet youre preaching balance, its honestly laughable.

    Automation sucks. We can all agree on that, except maybe EA.

    But standing still in a passing lane facing the pass is the correct way to defend a pass right at you, any argument otherwise is completely stupid. This crying about passive/active defense is idiotic. The type of defense that needs to be punished in this game is the stupid over aggressive nonsense where people just charge at the puck trying to check someone but get lucky and block a shot with their skates which even more incredibly leads to them on a rush down the ice. Sitting back and doing nothing should also be punished but you seem to have this strange hatred to people playing sound positional defense. Sorry you cant do your sweet sweet dangles because Im standing where you need to go. If someone standing still can completely baffle your offense, you need to get better offense.

  • Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    @KidShowtime1867

    I think this is a fantastic idea. Here, here!
  • mikeq67 wrote: »

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    Sure. When they do that they can also make forwards manually time one timers instead of just holding up. And pass assist can be locked at zero for everyone. And all the countless advantages offense has that just require you to be there holding a button but for some reason you think defense should require way more than that. Yet youre preaching balance, its honestly laughable.

    Automation sucks. We can all agree on that, except maybe EA.

    But standing still in a passing lane facing the pass is the correct way to defend a pass right at you, any argument otherwise is completely stupid. This crying about passive/active defense is idiotic. The type of defense that needs to be punished in this game is the stupid over aggressive nonsense where people just charge at the puck trying to check someone but get lucky and block a shot with their skates which even more incredibly leads to them on a rush down the ice. Sitting back and doing nothing should also be punished but you seem to have this strange hatred to people playing sound positional defense. Sorry you cant do your sweet sweet dangles because Im standing where you need to go. If someone standing still can completely baffle your offense, you need to get better offense.

    Wanting defensive and offensive accountability aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. Showtime is primarily a D in EASHL lol. He’s not a “xX NasherrrrDanggZzz Xx” guy lol. Stop acting like he’s not wanting offensive accountability added to the game.

    Making defensive reads in this game could be done by a mite. You literally see the entire play at all times. It’s not impressive nor skilled to stand still at any given segment of the intended passing lane holding LT then having an auto animation pick a pass off for you. That being said, you can still pick off passes just fine. Feather LT + LS, get to where you think the lane is going to be, stop providing control inputs for literally .2 seconds and you’ll get the puck. Why can I do this consistently and you can’t if the mechanic is truly broken?

    As I’ve stated earlier, if your main justification for pass interception buffs is that offensive is crazy OP, you should start demanding and requesting offensive accountability to make the game require more skill as a whole. Buffing a rather unskilled mechanic as a bandaid doesn’t progress the state of the game.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    Sure. When they do that they can also make forwards manually time one timers instead of just holding up. And pass assist can be locked at zero for everyone. And all the countless advantages offense has that just require you to be there holding a button but for some reason you think defense should require way more than that. Yet youre preaching balance, its honestly laughable.

    Automation sucks. We can all agree on that, except maybe EA.

    But standing still in a passing lane facing the pass is the correct way to defend a pass right at you, any argument otherwise is completely stupid. This crying about passive/active defense is idiotic. The type of defense that needs to be punished in this game is the stupid over aggressive nonsense where people just charge at the puck trying to check someone but get lucky and block a shot with their skates which even more incredibly leads to them on a rush down the ice. Sitting back and doing nothing should also be punished but you seem to have this strange hatred to people playing sound positional defense. Sorry you cant do your sweet sweet dangles because Im standing where you need to go. If someone standing still can completely baffle your offense, you need to get better offense.

    Wanting defensive and offensive accountability aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. Showtime is primarily a D in EASHL lol. He’s not a “xX NasherrrrDanggZzz Xx” guy lol. Stop acting like he’s not wanting offensive accountability added to the game.

    Making defensive reads in this game could be done by a mite. You literally see the entire play at all times. It’s not impressive nor skilled to stand still at any given segment of the intended passing lane holding LT then having an auto animation pick a pass off for you. That being said, you can still pick off passes just fine. Feather LT + LS, get to where you think the lane is going to be, stop providing control inputs for literally .2 seconds and you’ll get the puck. Why can I do this consistently and you can’t if the mechanic is truly broken?

    As I’ve stated earlier, if your main justification for pass interception buffs is that offensive is crazy OP, you should start demanding and requesting offensive accountability to make the game require more skill as a whole. Buffing a rather unskilled mechanic as a bandaid doesn’t progress the state of the game.

    For as many times as any of us have argued with Showtime, in this topic specifically, he is nowhere near wrong. In 20 the meta was trap, contain, do as little as possible = the most boring game ever made. In 21, that is NOT the meta and the games in EASHL are way more fun...even in 6's when last years 6's was so cluttered and boring.

    They made positive strides this year and the only reason people are flipping is because they refuse to adapt and learn new techniques. If you stand still and do nothing in hockey you deserve to get wrecked.

  • Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    I just want defence to work with some consistency. I never rely on the ai and play active defense utilizing the dss, or stick lift, or checks. I don't just sit waiting for the puck like a pylon.

    So you're wrong.

    It's undeniable that cross crease is op and borderline broken. You guys just want to keep your easy goals. I do to lol, but defence isn't working as well as it should.

    I’m a full-time defenseman who has never done anything but advocate for better defensive balance all-around. When I was a competitive online gamer in LG, I had multiple seasons with 0 goals and a crazy high +/-. I never score goals. I don’t find them terribly rewarding. I don’t like taking on guys with the puck, it’s not my strong-suit. I don’t read cutting lanes and openings very well as a forward, I’m the first to admit it. But I do see the game well when I play defense. I have good vision and can catalyst a breakout very well. My strong-suit has always been my defensive play though. I’d say I play like a Brodin. So it baffles me to read that my experiences and opinions are coming from a perspective centered around scoring goals.

    I’m the first to admit it needs buffing in 1v1 modes, but I will never agree that the state of pass interceptions is broken or even close to awful in its current state for player locked modes. Again, I’ve been using the same techniques I learned in NHL 13 when we first had to learn the whole feather LS and face the play technique to reliably pick off passes. I’m using a PMD with no traits to buff my DA. Why am I not having issues and you think it’s broken? Have you changed your approach at all? Have you tried to drive play defensively earlier than in previous games to lower the chances of forced cross creases even happening? Is your partner taking away time and space? Are your forwards back checking and back pressuring? Are you giving up a ton of odd-man rushes as a team?

    There’s so many factors that go into an eventual forced pass being missed by the defender, so it seems silly to only focus on the actual interception. Especially when again, I am not having any difficulty adjusting to the new state of pass interceptions. They definitely cut down the leeway you had with providing inputs, but they also allowed people to play a much more active brand of defense to deny those chances before they’re even happening.

    I’ll agree to disagree with you about the state of interceptions, I’ll respect your opinion, but don’t assume my perspective or intentions of why I think the pass interceptions are fine. Should I assume you were someone who lived and died by the crutch the last three years and were a primary beneficiary of an OP mechanic that requires little to no skill? Should I assume you have no precision with your skating or stick which is why you’re getting burned by the interceptions this year? I don’t think that’d be too fair considering I don’t know the modes you play nor your style of play nor your skill level. We can have differing opinions that stem from something more than skill deficiencies.

    You shouldn't assume anything. I'm speaking purely of 1v1 modes. 6s is fine.
  • [/quote]

    Wanting defensive and offensive accountability aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. Showtime is primarily a D in EASHL lol. He’s not a “xX NasherrrrDanggZzz Xx” guy lol. Stop acting like he’s not wanting offensive accountability added to the game.

    Making defensive reads in this game could be done by a mite. You literally see the entire play at all times. It’s not impressive nor skilled to stand still at any given segment of the intended passing lane holding LT then having an auto animation pick a pass off for you. That being said, you can still pick off passes just fine. Feather LT + LS, get to where you think the lane is going to be, stop providing control inputs for literally .2 seconds and you’ll get the puck. Why can I do this consistently and you can’t if the mechanic is truly broken?

    As I’ve stated earlier, if your main justification for pass interception buffs is that offensive is crazy OP, you should start demanding and requesting offensive accountability to make the game require more skill as a whole. Buffing a rather unskilled mechanic as a bandaid doesn’t progress the state of the game.[/quote]

    Sorry I dont know "kidshowtime's" life story, I can only read what hes written in this thread.

    The rest of this response is great though. Where to start.

    Where did I say it was impressive to stand still in a passing lane? Nowhere? Youre just being patronizing for no damn reason? Cool. If anything I downplayed the crap out of it to the point where I said if someone standing still can disrupt your offense enough, you suck at offense. But apparently that means Im super great at defense because I can not move. Even though I dont actually even play defense and my comments come from watching some of the ridiculous goals Ive scored that I had zero business even receiving, or watching my defenseman stand perfectly in a passing lane using vision control to face the passer and still having the puck go through him.

    Again where did I say offensive is crazy OP? Like really man, if youre going to just make up a random argument for me, why the hell are you even quoting me? Some of you are just full of yourselves that anytime someone complains about a certain aspect of the game, you literally cant help but jump at the opportunity to tell them how wrong they are and talk about how you good you are because you can do the thing they are complaining about. Ignoring the actual issue which is the consistency of it. When dorks force 25 one timer passes through the defenseman, way too many of them are still going to get through which can sometimes lead to 4-5 goals on passes you should have intercepted or at least have had hit you. I dont really give a crap if I dont pick it off cleanly, but you shouldnt be able to force the same pass 30 times through me and just based off the sheer mechanics of the game and the pass algorithms have that pass get through 25% of the time or whatever it is. That stuff doesnt happen in any other aspect of the game. I can take 30 slappers from the blue line and 99% of them will hit the dude skating at me trying to check me from 7 feet away. That is incredibly dumb. There is next to zero consistency/common sense in a lot of this game which makes it so damn frustrating to play on a nightly basis.
  • untouchable_BF1
    1055 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    mikeq67 wrote: »

    Wanting defensive and offensive accountability aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. Showtime is primarily a D in EASHL lol. He’s not a “xX NasherrrrDanggZzz Xx” guy lol. Stop acting like he’s not wanting offensive accountability added to the game.

    Making defensive reads in this game could be done by a mite. You literally see the entire play at all times. It’s not impressive nor skilled to stand still at any given segment of the intended passing lane holding LT then having an auto animation pick a pass off for you. That being said, you can still pick off passes just fine. Feather LT + LS, get to where you think the lane is going to be, stop providing control inputs for literally .2 seconds and you’ll get the puck. Why can I do this consistently and you can’t if the mechanic is truly broken?

    As I’ve stated earlier, if your main justification for pass interception buffs is that offensive is crazy OP, you should start demanding and requesting offensive accountability to make the game require more skill as a whole. Buffing a rather unskilled mechanic as a bandaid doesn’t progress the state of the game.

    Sorry I dont know "kidshowtime's" life story, I can only read what hes written in this thread.

    The rest of this response is great though. Where to start.

    Where did I say it was impressive to stand still in a passing lane? Nowhere? Youre just being patronizing for no damn reason? Cool. If anything I downplayed the crap out of it to the point where I said if someone standing still can disrupt your offense enough, you suck at offense. But apparently that means Im super great at defense because I can not move. Even though I dont actually even play defense and my comments come from watching some of the ridiculous goals Ive scored that I had zero business even receiving, or watching my defenseman stand perfectly in a passing lane using vision control to face the passer and still having the puck go through him.

    Again where did I say offensive is crazy OP? Like really man, if youre going to just make up a random argument for me, why the hell are you even quoting me? Some of you are just full of yourselves that anytime someone complains about a certain aspect of the game, you literally cant help but jump at the opportunity to tell them how wrong they are and talk about how you good you are because you can do the thing they are complaining about. Ignoring the actual issue which is the consistency of it. When dorks force 25 one timer passes through the defenseman, way too many of them are still going to get through which can sometimes lead to 4-5 goals on passes you should have intercepted or at least have had hit you. I dont really give a crap if I dont pick it off cleanly, but you shouldnt be able to force the same pass 30 times through me and just based off the sheer mechanics of the game and the pass algorithms have that pass get through 25% of the time or whatever it is. That stuff doesnt happen in any other aspect of the game. I can take 30 slappers from the blue line and 99% of them will hit the dude skating at me trying to check me from 7 feet away. That is incredibly dumb. There is next to zero consistency/common sense in a lot of this game which makes it so damn frustrating to play on a nightly basis.

    Oh, I guess your quoted post didn’t call my stance “idiotic” and “completely stupid” then. Must’ve been another “mikeq67” honest mistake.

    I never said you said it was impressive (lol) I was simply reiterating why I don’t believe pass interceptions need to be buffed. I don’t find this stance to be idiotic, or completely stupid, or coming from a perspective that lacks common sense. I think this is a very rational position for someone who wants to see the skill gap expand when it comes to 6s hockey.

    And again I’m not seeing “the same pass forced through me 30 times” nor am I seeing forced passes working “25% of the time or whatever it is” when playing 6’s. If you’re referring to 1v1 modes, there’s already been plenty of discussions and agreement on pass interceptions being upped in those modes. If you’re scoring “ridiculous” goals consistently, would you mind sharing the mode and possibly videos? Every pass that’s went through me I’ve been caught making my adjustment a split second late, or I missed my DSS placement when anticipating the pass reception location.

    Lastly, if you don’t even play defense, why are you calling actual full-time defensemen stupid/idiotic for having a differing opinion? Shouldn’t we be the most primarily affected party if they’re for sure broke as you suggest? This has been the best 6’s hockey this entire generation imo. I get to be active with DSS, body play works fairly well even when using a small PMD, and pass interceptions have worked for me I execute the technique properly.

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    I just want defence to work with some consistency. I never rely on the ai and play active defense utilizing the dss, or stick lift, or checks. I don't just sit waiting for the puck like a pylon.

    So you're wrong.

    It's undeniable that cross crease is op and borderline broken. You guys just want to keep your easy goals. I do to lol, but defence isn't working as well as it should.

    I’m a full-time defenseman who has never done anything but advocate for better defensive balance all-around. When I was a competitive online gamer in LG, I had multiple seasons with 0 goals and a crazy high +/-. I never score goals. I don’t find them terribly rewarding. I don’t like taking on guys with the puck, it’s not my strong-suit. I don’t read cutting lanes and openings very well as a forward, I’m the first to admit it. But I do see the game well when I play defense. I have good vision and can catalyst a breakout very well. My strong-suit has always been my defensive play though. I’d say I play like a Brodin. So it baffles me to read that my experiences and opinions are coming from a perspective centered around scoring goals.

    I’m the first to admit it needs buffing in 1v1 modes, but I will never agree that the state of pass interceptions is broken or even close to awful in its current state for player locked modes. Again, I’ve been using the same techniques I learned in NHL 13 when we first had to learn the whole feather LS and face the play technique to reliably pick off passes. I’m using a PMD with no traits to buff my DA. Why am I not having issues and you think it’s broken? Have you changed your approach at all? Have you tried to drive play defensively earlier than in previous games to lower the chances of forced cross creases even happening? Is your partner taking away time and space? Are your forwards back checking and back pressuring? Are you giving up a ton of odd-man rushes as a team?

    There’s so many factors that go into an eventual forced pass being missed by the defender, so it seems silly to only focus on the actual interception. Especially when again, I am not having any difficulty adjusting to the new state of pass interceptions. They definitely cut down the leeway you had with providing inputs, but they also allowed people to play a much more active brand of defense to deny those chances before they’re even happening.

    I’ll agree to disagree with you about the state of interceptions, I’ll respect your opinion, but don’t assume my perspective or intentions of why I think the pass interceptions are fine. Should I assume you were someone who lived and died by the crutch the last three years and were a primary beneficiary of an OP mechanic that requires little to no skill? Should I assume you have no precision with your skating or stick which is why you’re getting burned by the interceptions this year? I don’t think that’d be too fair considering I don’t know the modes you play nor your style of play nor your skill level. We can have differing opinions that stem from something more than skill deficiencies.

    You shouldn't assume anything. I'm speaking purely of 1v1 modes. 6s is fine.

    I didn’t assume, I said “that wouldn’t be too fair” (of me) when making my point that assumptions don’t lead to constructive discussions. 1v1 modes need a buff to pass interceptions if the off puck AI is still going to get confused by almost nothing. I 100% agree with you.
    Post edited by untouchable_BF1 on
  • mikeq67 wrote: »

    Wanting defensive and offensive accountability aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. Showtime is primarily a D in EASHL lol. He’s not a “xX NasherrrrDanggZzz Xx” guy lol. Stop acting like he’s not wanting offensive accountability added to the game.

    Making defensive reads in this game could be done by a mite. You literally see the entire play at all times. It’s not impressive nor skilled to stand still at any given segment of the intended passing lane holding LT then having an auto animation pick a pass off for you. That being said, you can still pick off passes just fine. Feather LT + LS, get to where you think the lane is going to be, stop providing control inputs for literally .2 seconds and you’ll get the puck. Why can I do this consistently and you can’t if the mechanic is truly broken?

    As I’ve stated earlier, if your main justification for pass interception buffs is that offensive is crazy OP, you should start demanding and requesting offensive accountability to make the game require more skill as a whole. Buffing a rather unskilled mechanic as a bandaid doesn’t progress the state of the game.

    Sorry I dont know "kidshowtime's" life story, I can only read what hes written in this thread.

    The rest of this response is great though. Where to start.

    Where did I say it was impressive to stand still in a passing lane? Nowhere? Youre just being patronizing for no damn reason? Cool. If anything I downplayed the crap out of it to the point where I said if someone standing still can disrupt your offense enough, you suck at offense. But apparently that means Im super great at defense because I can not move. Even though I dont actually even play defense and my comments come from watching some of the ridiculous goals Ive scored that I had zero business even receiving, or watching my defenseman stand perfectly in a passing lane using vision control to face the passer and still having the puck go through him.

    Again where did I say offensive is crazy OP? Like really man, if youre going to just make up a random argument for me, why the hell are you even quoting me? Some of you are just full of yourselves that anytime someone complains about a certain aspect of the game, you literally cant help but jump at the opportunity to tell them how wrong they are and talk about how you good you are because you can do the thing they are complaining about. Ignoring the actual issue which is the consistency of it. When dorks force 25 one timer passes through the defenseman, way too many of them are still going to get through which can sometimes lead to 4-5 goals on passes you should have intercepted or at least have had hit you. I dont really give a crap if I dont pick it off cleanly, but you shouldnt be able to force the same pass 30 times through me and just based off the sheer mechanics of the game and the pass algorithms have that pass get through 25% of the time or whatever it is. That stuff doesnt happen in any other aspect of the game. I can take 30 slappers from the blue line and 99% of them will hit the dude skating at me trying to check me from 7 feet away. That is incredibly dumb. There is next to zero consistency/common sense in a lot of this game which makes it so damn frustrating to play on a nightly basis. [/quote]

    Oh, I guess your quoted post didn’t call my stance “idiotic” and “completely stupid” then. Must’ve been another “mikeq67” honest mistake.

    I never said you said it was impressive (lol) I was simply reiterating why I don’t believe pass interceptions need to be buffed. I don’t find this stance to be idiotic, or completely stupid, or coming from a perspective that lacks common sense. I think this is a very rational position for someone who wants to see the skill gap expand when it comes to 6s hockey.

    And again I’m not seeing “the same pass forced through me 30 times” nor am I seeing forced passes working “25% of the time or whatever it is” when playing 6’s. If you’re referring to 1v1 modes, there’s already been plenty of discussions and agreement on pass interceptions being upped in those modes. If you’re scoring “ridiculous” goals consistently, would you mind sharing the mode and possibly videos? Every pass that’s went through me I’ve been caught making my adjustment a split second late, or I missed my DSS placement when anticipating the pass reception location.

    Lastly, if you don’t even play defense, why are you calling actual full-time defensemen stupid/idiotic for having a differing opinion? Shouldn’t we be the most primarily affected party if they’re for sure broke as you suggest? This has been the best 6’s hockey this entire generation imo. I get to be active with DSS, body play works fairly well even when using a small PMD, and pass interceptions have worked for me I execute the technique properly.

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    I just want defence to work with some consistency. I never rely on the ai and play active defense utilizing the dss, or stick lift, or checks. I don't just sit waiting for the puck like a pylon.

    So you're wrong.

    It's undeniable that cross crease is op and borderline broken. You guys just want to keep your easy goals. I do to lol, but defence isn't working as well as it should.

    I’m a full-time defenseman who has never done anything but advocate for better defensive balance all-around. When I was a competitive online gamer in LG, I had multiple seasons with 0 goals and a crazy high +/-. I never score goals. I don’t find them terribly rewarding. I don’t like taking on guys with the puck, it’s not my strong-suit. I don’t read cutting lanes and openings very well as a forward, I’m the first to admit it. But I do see the game well when I play defense. I have good vision and can catalyst a breakout very well. My strong-suit has always been my defensive play though. I’d say I play like a Brodin. So it baffles me to read that my experiences and opinions are coming from a perspective centered around scoring goals.

    I’m the first to admit it needs buffing in 1v1 modes, but I will never agree that the state of pass interceptions is broken or even close to awful in its current state for player locked modes. Again, I’ve been using the same techniques I learned in NHL 13 when we first had to learn the whole feather LS and face the play technique to reliably pick off passes. I’m using a PMD with no traits to buff my DA. Why am I not having issues and you think it’s broken? Have you changed your approach at all? Have you tried to drive play defensively earlier than in previous games to lower the chances of forced cross creases even happening? Is your partner taking away time and space? Are your forwards back checking and back pressuring? Are you giving up a ton of odd-man rushes as a team?

    There’s so many factors that go into an eventual forced pass being missed by the defender, so it seems silly to only focus on the actual interception. Especially when again, I am not having any difficulty adjusting to the new state of pass interceptions. They definitely cut down the leeway you had with providing inputs, but they also allowed people to play a much more active brand of defense to deny those chances before they’re even happening.

    I’ll agree to disagree with you about the state of interceptions, I’ll respect your opinion, but don’t assume my perspective or intentions of why I think the pass interceptions are fine. Should I assume you were someone who lived and died by the crutch the last three years and were a primary beneficiary of an OP mechanic that requires little to no skill? Should I assume you have no precision with your skating or stick which is why you’re getting burned by the interceptions this year? I don’t think that’d be too fair considering I don’t know the modes you play nor your style of play nor your skill level. We can have differing opinions that stem from something more than skill deficiencies.

    You shouldn't assume anything. I'm speaking purely of 1v1 modes. 6s is fine.

    I didn’t assume, I said “that wouldn’t be too fair” (of me) when making my point that assumptions don’t lead to constructive discussions. 1v1 modes need a buff to pass interceptions if the off puck AI is still going to get confused by almost nothing. I 100% agree with you.[/quote]

    In fairness, if you're speaking about woc, then I also agree cross crease isn't op.

    Opposite problems depending on the mode.
  • I'm so confused about who is quoting who in that last post. *squint*
  • mikeq67 wrote: »

    Naw, you guys just want the easy goals to stay easy.

    Naw, you guys just want easy defense to stay easy.

    See how silly you and I both look in saying those things?

    Balance is the goal - it's not about one particular perspective of how the game should be played versus another - it's about finding a balance on both sides of the puck.

    In my opinion - defenders need to be responsible for more than just sitting in a passing lane.

    One idea I had was to make vision control a pass interceptor when timed properly.

    So a quick tap of LT - if pressed at the right time - intercepts the puck.

    A full press of LT would activate vision control.

    Is that a realistic possibility?

    Sure. When they do that they can also make forwards manually time one timers instead of just holding up. And pass assist can be locked at zero for everyone. And all the countless advantages offense has that just require you to be there holding a button but for some reason you think defense should require way more than that. Yet youre preaching balance, its honestly laughable.

    Automation sucks. We can all agree on that, except maybe EA.

    But standing still in a passing lane facing the pass is the correct way to defend a pass right at you, any argument otherwise is completely stupid. This crying about passive/active defense is idiotic. The type of defense that needs to be punished in this game is the stupid over aggressive nonsense where people just charge at the puck trying to check someone but get lucky and block a shot with their skates which even more incredibly leads to them on a rush down the ice. Sitting back and doing nothing should also be punished but you seem to have this strange hatred to people playing sound positional defense. Sorry you cant do your sweet sweet dangles because Im standing where you need to go. If someone standing still can completely baffle your offense, you need to get better offense.

    Wanting defensive and offensive accountability aren’t mutually exclusive ideas. Showtime is primarily a D in EASHL lol. He’s not a “xX NasherrrrDanggZzz Xx” guy lol. Stop acting like he’s not wanting offensive accountability added to the game.

    Making defensive reads in this game could be done by a mite. You literally see the entire play at all times. It’s not impressive nor skilled to stand still at any given segment of the intended passing lane holding LT then having an auto animation pick a pass off for you. That being said, you can still pick off passes just fine. Feather LT + LS, get to where you think the lane is going to be, stop providing control inputs for literally .2 seconds and you’ll get the puck. Why can I do this consistently and you can’t if the mechanic is truly broken?

    As I’ve stated earlier, if your main justification for pass interception buffs is that offensive is crazy OP, you should start demanding and requesting offensive accountability to make the game require more skill as a whole. Buffing a rather unskilled mechanic as a bandaid doesn’t progress the state of the game.



    If you stand still and do nothing in hockey you deserve to get wrecked.

    Best thing that could happen to this game serie. You should be wrecked in any video game if you just standing still.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    I'm so confused about who is quoting who in that last post. *squint*

    Lol should be fixed now. Idk what happened.
  • One of the best known rules is that the pass is faster than the players themselves. The pass is very important to overcome the opponent and to keep the game flowing. In general, perpendicular passes speed up the game, and keep the action parallel to back passes. Short we help each other with events during events in a small space. They travel to the goal area shot passes yes shot passes! it is impossible use this tactic with slow pass.

    cross crease from EA is absolutely unreal. there is 0 sense how EA present cross-crease pass.

    1. look how any hockey team is training this situation. one two short passes and shot. passes are not shoted. EA is using this situation.

    2.now look how the same team use this situation on real! there is a huge different between training and real. passes are shoted it is a different.

    nhl20 cross crease is right made. nhl21 cross crease is nonsense.
  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    One of the best known rules is that the pass is faster than the players themselves. The pass is very important to overcome the opponent and to keep the game flowing. In general, perpendicular passes speed up the game, and keep the action parallel to back passes. Short we help each other with events during events in a small space. They travel to the goal area shot passes yes shot passes! it is impossible use this tactic with slow pass.

    cross crease from EA is absolutely unreal. there is 0 sense how EA present cross-crease pass.

    1. look how any hockey team is training this situation. one two short passes and shot. passes are not shoted. EA is using this situation.

    2.now look how the same team use this situation on real! there is a huge different between training and real. passes are shoted it is a different.

    nhl20 cross crease is right made. nhl21 cross crease is nonsense.

    I put this clip up from reddit in another post this happens a lot with cross crease passes click to watch




  • Oslik1000 wrote: »
    One of the best known rules is that the pass is faster than the players themselves. The pass is very important to overcome the opponent and to keep the game flowing. In general, perpendicular passes speed up the game, and keep the action parallel to back passes. Short we help each other with events during events in a small space. They travel to the goal area shot passes yes shot passes! it is impossible use this tactic with slow pass.

    cross crease from EA is absolutely unreal. there is 0 sense how EA present cross-crease pass.

    1. look how any hockey team is training this situation. one two short passes and shot. passes are not shoted. EA is using this situation.

    2.now look how the same team use this situation on real! there is a huge different between training and real. passes are shoted it is a different.

    nhl20 cross crease is right made. nhl21 cross crease is nonsense.

    I put this clip up from reddit in another post this happens a lot with cross crease passes click to watch




    at this clip it look how in the crease is any bubble again. empty place where is no exists an contact engine. yes this clip show how this situation is 100% different from nhl20 (nhl20 without patch without tuner)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!