EA Forums - Banner

Team building!

Replies

• After the news in the other thread I went back and looked at my notes from previous years because of an item I pulled when I tried to hold pack opening for later. In 19 I pulled a Suban TOW card that I noted was not part of that Team of the Week, I didn't note if it was when EA makes previous TOWs available for packs so that might have been it.

I'll trust was was said in the other thread but I won't wait because the value of the items will still diminish the longer you go. I get Mega packs most the time and it only gurantees a few over 80s. There might be a 85+ but it is still rare to land such a card. The next event might bring us 92OVRs and the difference will only get larger the longer you wait.

I like getting packs but only to roll in sets. The Weekly event pack is the only one I buy because EA makes a decent gurantee with the collectable and event item but even that pack is about have little value because they'll release 80ovr cards with the event.
  • After the news in the other thread I went back and looked at my notes from previous years because of an item I pulled when I tried to hold pack opening for later. In 19 I pulled a Suban TOW card that I noted was not part of that Team of the Week, I didn't note if it was when EA makes previous TOWs available for packs so that might have been it.

I'll trust was was said in the other thread but I won't wait because the value of the items will still diminish the longer you go. I get Mega packs most the time and it only gurantees a few over 80s. There might be a 85+ but it is still rare to land such a card. The next event might bring us 92OVRs and the difference will only get larger the longer you wait.

I like getting packs but only to roll in sets. The Weekly event pack is the only one I buy because EA makes a decent gurantee with the collectable and event item but even that pack is about have little value because they'll release 80ovr cards with the event.

Are you excited at fridays next event? Who do you wish for..?

Heard some reddit talking about Hughes or/and Larkin, young Guns, but I dont know..
  • Yes! I'm always excited for the new Event to drop.

December usually brings us an International event leading up to the U21 tourney and last year it lasted the full month. I'm anticipating something similar but with the late start to the game and most of the sport I can see EA doing anything.

I'm thinking of rolling for a Master item this event and hope we get an option for a good TWF or 2. I almost rolled for a couple Frosted Flake players but held off hoping for a bigger TWF. I see a few Master Icons could be upgraded this week and the prices in the house have dropped enough I might take a stab at a few to hold for future upgrades. I pulled the Gilmour Master Icon in Diamond packs and thought I could sell him but the price was too low so I'm using him at the moment.
  • Yes! I'm always excited for the new Event to drop.

December usually brings us an International event leading up to the U21 tourney and last year it lasted the full month. I'm anticipating something similar but with the late start to the game and most of the sport I can see EA doing anything.

I'm thinking of rolling for a Master item this event and hope we get an option for a good TWF or 2. I almost rolled for a couple Frosted Flake players but held off hoping for a bigger TWF. I see a few Master Icons could be upgraded this week and the prices in the house have dropped enough I might take a stab at a few to hold for future upgrades. I pulled the Gilmour Master Icon in Diamond packs and thought I could sell him but the price was too low so I'm using him at the moment.

Hehe you get some good pack pulls.. How do you do that, any special technique? 😉

Big day today.. And friday.. This Gretzky/lemieux offer they came up with seem to be to good to refuse. But I have only 14 GC... So im gonna wait and see what comes up tonight and then make a decision.
  • its recommended to wait friday 5pm ET with release of new cards and events

So the content of the pack is not set when u get them, but when they are opened?
  • chli76 wrote: »
    its recommended to wait friday 5pm ET with release of new cards and events

So the content of the pack is not set when u get them, but when they are opened?

If I may..

Yes exactly, when they are opened.
  • Sega82mega
    3113 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I went for my boy #66, when I felt this week's MSP was not what I was hoping.

But now I have to pile up GC's again.. Im running low..
  • Yeah, I'm not too interested in this event but I do like the Couturier card. I think it might be too expensive to upgrade it every month. I'd be more interested if it adjusted based on real life game play and think this event should have been on hold until the NHL started up. I'll guess they'll have another 'fantasy' type event when play starts since we won't have an All-star game this year.

Since this Fantasy event is only lasting a week I'm guessing the National team event is next. The U21 teams should be arriving in Edmonton the next couple weeks for the world tourney.

I'm curious what the Holiday gift will be this year. I think it was 91OVR last year but that might be too high with the late start this year and guessing we'll get an 88 this time around.
  • I did Stone up to 87...but as you said, in the long run it will get to expensive.. I have zero GC's now....

I hope for some sort of Evo cards to U21 champ. I miss to see real hockey in combination with cards that can upgrade, almost same feeling like when you bet on a game, more thrilling.

Yeah I hope we get something at least. 10 packs of GC's, maybe... 😬😏
  • Latest team building news is my way to build up Stone and Sean Couturier to monsters.. But how in the freaking frk, will I be able to get the jersey's, is the 'jersey set' going to be available for ever or is there a end time there? The 'cooldown' is so long.
  • I pulled the 89 Leon Draisaitl in the week 1 Winternational pack and was able to drop one of my 84s. Huge boost to my lineup and dominated Squads with the change.

I'm not sure which sweaters you'll need to keep upgrading the Fantasy players but I'm sure they'll be for sale in the house. I notice that being the case for the other sets that use them. I thought about saving all the customizing items I get in packs but the prices for sweaters, helmets and numbers have been decent enough that I will just buy what I need. I'm still going to quick sell any tradeable number or celebration I pull in packs and buy what I need.

Since we get 3 weeks with this event I'll see what else drops but I'm planning on rolling for 1 or 2 of these Master items. There was only 1 80OVR in week 1 and if that remains the case, I'll buy the weekly each week too. Odds are good I'll be getting players I can use, I still have 10 players 84 or less.
  • I pulled the 89 Leon Draisaitl in the week 1 Winternational pack and was able to drop one of my 84s. Huge boost to my lineup and dominated Squads with the change.

I'm not sure which sweaters you'll need to keep upgrading the Fantasy players but I'm sure they'll be for sale in the house. I notice that being the case for the other sets that use them. I thought about saving all the customizing items I get in packs but the prices for sweaters, helmets and numbers have been decent enough that I will just buy what I need. I'm still going to quick sell any tradeable number or celebration I pull in packs and buy what I need.

Since we get 3 weeks with this event I'll see what else drops but I'm planning on rolling for 1 or 2 of these Master items. There was only 1 80OVR in week 1 and if that remains the case, I'll buy the weekly each week too. Odds are good I'll be getting players I can use, I still have 10 players 84 or less.

Haha of course you did.. Seems like the odds never let you down.

Big Congratulations to Drai... So you not gonna cash in?

The synergy wasen't that good for any of the Winternational players, but Laine is Laine, probably a beast on the ice!
  • I won't start rolling any Master Sets until the last week of the event to see what players are available. The week 1 sets are available for 3 more weeks so I'll see if I get anything in packs between now and then.

I need some help on D and I'm planning on adding whatever Winternational Master blueliner they release.

The prices are also dropping on the earlier Master items in the house and it is almost time to start buying.
  • How much cash have saved up?

Maybe santa will bring you something good to choose from, so you can build your defense stronger.
  • I won't start rolling any Master Sets until the last week of the event to see what players are available. The week 1 sets are available for 3 more weeks so I'll see if I get anything in packs between now and then.

I need some help on D and I'm planning on adding whatever Winternational Master blueliner they release.

The prices are also dropping on the earlier Master items in the house and it is almost time to start buying.
    I rolled Voracek and Laine both 92. Both r beasts and score at will
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I can imagine!

Hey, I read that thread about Crosby 'smokin', hope that works out for you!
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I can imagine!

Thank you hopefully they resolve it but I’m not holding my breath. Shore puts a dent in buying anything today lol

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I can imagine!

Thank you hopefully they resolve it but I’m not holding my breath. Shore puts a dent in buying anything today lol

I would stress out.. 300k is lots of dough!... But yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much.. Hopefully they solve this out.. Right should be right.

😊✊
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    smokin666 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    I can imagine!

I would stress out.. 300k is lots of dough!... But yeah, I wouldn’t worry too much.. Hopefully they solve this out.. Right should be right.

😊✊
    They claim it should hit my account back in 24 hours let’s see if they will fix it

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have two big puzzle pieces im waiting to implement.

Just gotta get my 8 GC's when I hit 500 wins, im 15 wins away from that.

Then im gonna upgrade both Sean Couturier and Stone to 91. And they will both give me room to finaly get rid of my two bronze players Couturier have to play between in the 4th line.

I can really recommend Couturier, I have him as 87 and he's already dynamite. Faceoff master and good with the puck in many diffrent ways.