EA Forums - Banner

Team building!

Replies

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    No im 500miles away from home.. I will have to forget this years HUT giving, all though it hurt abit.. But as I said, the synergy wasen't exactly perfect for my team.

And I like alot of the winternational cards they realesed lately and some nice from world junior champ. should come too.. I will have to pick up one of thoose when I get back home, as comfort to myself. 😏

Saw someone put up this from reddit:

MR sveeeechnikov

(hehe imagine if it was your first game for 'canes' and you heard that.....)

Nice, lol.

Well not sure if you do your silver reroll sets, but I finally got something good from one. Made the sting of my garbage pulls from spending 100k plus coins on packs a bit less, lol.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/z0mbiebabyjesus/video/120284805

I had 300 silver players I have reroll with no luck at all.. I dont know, maybe everyone feel this way.. But I havent really had any good luck sence nhl15.. This MSP sedin I pulled this year, was such a nice surprise.. I honestly have no expectations now days when I open packs.. Ofc I always hope for something good.. But if not.. No surprise. 😏

Must have been good to see that Crosby smile.. On your reroll.👌
    Im glad I sold my Crosby (89)before my trip.

How is market this days? Big dip..?
    I guess you can buy some pretty good cards for not that much 'money'.

Msp's only slightly dipped outside of a few people who got lucky snipes on the ah, but every non msp (with a few exceptions like 90 mcdavid or even 89 Gaborik who's gone up because he's used in the set to make his 92)seems to be pretty cheap.
    No im 500miles away from home.. I will have to forget this years HUT giving, all though it hurt abit.. But as I said, the synergy wasen't exactly perfect for my team.

And I like alot of the winternational cards they realesed lately and some nice from world junior champ. should come too.. I will have to pick up one of thoose when I get back home, as comfort to myself. 😏

MR sveeeechnikov

Nice, lol.

Well not sure if you do your silver reroll sets, but I finally got something good from one. Made the sting of my garbage pulls from spending 100k plus coins on packs a bit less, lol.

I had 300 silver players I have reroll with no luck at all.. I dont know, maybe everyone feel this way.. But I havent really had any good luck sence nhl15.. This MSP sedin I pulled this year, was such a nice surprise.. I honestly have no expectations now days when I open packs.. Ofc I always hope for something good.. But if not.. No surprise. 😏

Msp's only slightly dipped outside of a few people who got lucky snipes on the ah, but every non msp (with a few exceptions like 90 mcdavid or even 89 Gaborik who's gone up because he's used in the set to make his 92)seems to be pretty cheap.

Ah thanks. Thats what I thought. Sold off so I got 800k waiting for me when I get back home! *rubbing my hands*

I hope swedish Elmer Söderblom gets a card for he's spectacular goal yesterday.. Could be a fun card.. 6 feet 8 inches long and 220 pounds. Some piece of meat! 😏

MR sveeeechnikov

Nice, lol.

Ah thanks. Thats what I thought. Sold off so I got 800k waiting for me when I get back home! *rubbing my hands*

I hope swedish Elmer Söderblom gets a card for he's spectacular goal yesterday.. Could be a fun card.. 6 feet 8 inches long and 220 pounds. Some piece of meat! 😏

I stupidly wasted 125k coins on one of those special packs that are out and pulled nothing worth more than a few k. Then I stupidly did it a second time because I wasn't about to get bested by the odds and pulled my 2nd tradeable Lafleur of the year. Sold him for almost 400k. I'm hoping to snag one of those fancy 90 mcdavids , which would then let me throw my 91 Crosby into the lineup and activate wingman on a few other players. Just gotta try and figure out how to reactivate spark. I think I'll be short 1 even if I throw my synergy vet Keith back in. Might be worth it.

MR sveeeechnikov

Nice, lol.

I stupidly wasted 125k coins on one of those special packs that are out and pulled nothing worth more than a few k. Then I stupidly did it a second time because I wasn't about to get bested by the odds and pulled my 2nd tradeable Lafleur of the year. Sold him for almost 400k. I'm hoping to snag one of those fancy 90 mcdavids , which would then let me throw my 91 Crosby into the lineup and activate wingman on a few other players. Just gotta try and figure out how to reactivate spark. I think I'll be short 1 even if I throw my synergy vet Keith back in. Might be worth it.

Hehe bald move with the packs.. You deserved some coins for that. I have only tryed one of thoose '100k' packs once, and then there was a guaranteed GC, Otherwise I always feel so 'empty' when I rip expensive packs with nothing in it, like "why, did I do that, what was I thinking!?"... Hehe.

You probebly already know about:

https://nhlhutbuilder.com/builder.php

Wonderful tool when you need to play around with your team and find the missing piece.

Khudobin winternational card got 2 spark synergy, but maybe you already filled up your goalie synergy plug.

I got Khudobin and one of this bronze, with spark, dis and swarm.
  • I added the Scandinavian trio from the Winternational event and feeling strong.

I had the Laine cover item from my pre-order but felt the 7 point OVR boost was worth it now. It cost me a bit and hope there aren't too many items I want to add in January. I'll need to rely on rewards for a couple weeks to build up more Gold Collectables and only budgeting for 1 Master item this month.
  • Scandinavian power is never a bad idea!

Im on the roads today, driving for 8 hours, but home in 2-3 hours.

I miss HUT, I will have to see if I got the energy to play something tonight. But I have to check my team, see so everyone is feeling good! 😁

And heey.... Happy new year!
  • Does anyone know how the youth fantasy card works? I missed all that.. But I bought one today anyway.. Is it only going to upgrade if the team goes all the way or something? 🙄
    Does anyone know how the youth fantasy card works? I missed all that.. But I bought one today anyway.. Is it only going to upgrade if the team goes all the way or something? 🙄

The fantasy cards for the world juniors work like this.

Players from the gold winning team will get +5 overall, silver +3, bronze +1
    Does anyone know how the youth fantasy card works? I missed all that.. But I bought one today anyway.. Is it only going to upgrade if the team goes all the way or something? 🙄

The fantasy cards for the world juniors work like this.

Players from the gold winning team will get +5 overall, silver +3, bronze +1

Thank you my friend!

Go sweden!

(and a little bit Canada)

😁👍
  • I got myself a Dach today, 175k...all tough I dont know what a 90ovr Dach would go for.. Between 200-270k if I should guess?.. So it's pretty dumb to put too much money on this fantasy cards. But I like to gamble with real life performance to this game, put some flavour to games I watch.

If Canada win, is it just 5+ ovr, nothing more happen to synergies?
    I got myself a Dach today, 175k...all tough I dont know what a 90ovr Dach would go for.. Between 200-270k if I should guess?.. So it's pretty dumb to put too much money on this fantasy cards. But I like to gamble with real life performance to this game, put some flavour to games I watch.

Pretty sure it's just a +5. But you never know.

• monz
    905 posts Member
    I got myself a Dach today, 175k...all tough I dont know what a 90ovr Dach would go for.. Between 200-270k if I should guess?.. So it's pretty dumb to put too much money on this fantasy cards. But I like to gamble with real life performance to this game, put some flavour to games I watch.

Thats quite a gamble, for a slower big bodied player with a low accuracy shot and week on faceoffs.

But there's always been something about WJC players, they always seem to out preform there stats in past years.

I picked up one of the Slovak players there him on my fourth line as had 2 synergies i needed to complete both wingman and workhorse.

I only got a chance to play a single Rivals game with him but he scored twice with limited ice. So it may be the case again this year.
  • monz wrote: »

Thats quite a gamble, for a slower big bodied player with a low accuracy shot and week on faceoffs.

But there's always been something about WJC players, they always seem to out preform there stats in past years.

I picked up one of the Slovak players there him on my fourth line as had 2 synergies i needed to complete both wingman and workhorse.

I only got a chance to play a single Rivals game with him but he scored twice with limited ice. So it may be the case again this year.

I have no problem with slow players, fit my way to play, and great syns too, im running him on LW, I dont got that many right shoting players, so Dach ovr 90 would make a big impact.

And as you said about WJC players, there's something about them.. I already love Dach at 85.

I really like him in real life too, to bad he's injured, feel sorry for him.

Sence sweden lost, (well deserved loss too, congrats soumi) im going to cheer for Canada, I always liked how canadiens players live and die for hockey! 😏❤️
  • I was considering to stay up and watch the final, but it was 3:30 in the morning(night) so I didn't have the strength.

Kirby Dach wasen't a smart invest, he would probebly have he's highest value as a ovr 85 even if he had been a ovr90. But it was a fun-investment. I like evo/fantasy/movember cards.

Sad WJC is over, Congratulations to USA, I really thought Canada would take it.

Zegras had some swag on the ice. I also like Byram, colorado will be really good with Makar and Byram. Perfetti, and ofc Byfield looks good, not to mention, Stützle. Sens might have a bright future!
  • I'm sure there will be a 'Fantasy' type event once the NHL starts up in a couple weeks. My guess is that it will replace the All-star event since we don't get a game at the end of January.

I thought about cashing in for a couple of the current TOTY items but there's no mention of the Synergies increasing as the OVR increases. I remember past years getting an extra Synergy and/or double Synergies when it gets to a certain rating. There's just too much unknown about the TOTY to use collectables so I'll rip rewards on Thursday to see it I can hit one of my target items.

The Silver Icon releases have my attention but I'm still going to wait until the Golds drop before playing the Icon game. I did notice that the Bronze Icons will drop to the Bronze player reroll and I'm really mad that a a Master Icon is not valued as a Gold. An 88 should be a gold regardless! This needs to be corrected at once, EA.

My budgeting has gone as planned and with all the added sweaters and logos from the Challenges rewards I've been rolling sets for packs a couple times a day and landed a bunch of collectables and coin cards to bank.

My HUT is strong!
  • I'm sure there will be a 'Fantasy' type event once the NHL starts up in a couple weeks. My guess is that it will replace the All-star event since we don't get a game at the end of January.

I thought about cashing in for a couple of the current TOTY items but there's no mention of the Synergies increasing as the OVR increases. I remember past years getting an extra Synergy and/or double Synergies when it gets to a certain rating. There's just too much unknown about the TOTY to use collectables so I'll rip rewards on Thursday to see it I can hit one of my target items.

The Silver Icon releases have my attention but I'm still going to wait until the Golds drop before playing the Icon game. I did notice that the Bronze Icons will drop to the Bronze player reroll and I'm really mad that a a Master Icon is not valued as a Gold. An 88 should be a gold regardless! This needs to be corrected at once, EA.

My budgeting has gone as planned and with all the added sweaters and logos from the Challenges rewards I've been rolling sets for packs a couple times a day and landed a bunch of collectables and coin cards to bank.

My HUT is strong!

Hehe Im sure it is, nice to check in with an update!

Yeah I really hope for some kinda fantasy card in time to the start of NHL. Ooh im so hyped, let the battle of Alberta begin!

My HUT is not that strong anymore, I got some good players but my coins is startin to running low. 150k for the moment.. Im in desperate need to pull something worthy to cash in!

Nice to hear from you!
  • Tomarrow this time im watching NHL!

First step against a more normal world - perhaps..

My team is slowly taking place, 3 team synergies and 2 player synergies, but only 2pts away from a 3th...

2 good lines but 3th and 4th line is only decent, still havent been able to ditch my bronze player.

I love all those fantasy cards that comes out.. But the price on them... Oh boy.. Some will probebly dip when the season start to go. All tough I wont see those cards as an investment, I will try to buy players I like and root for them.

Still havent been able to pull something worthy in a long time, so my team building is abit stuck, for the moment..
  • Dear HUT diary! 😏

Just wanna take a moment to give cred to Sean couturier and the power in he's slapshots.

I like the puck physics on that one.
  • I only play offline in HUT, at least this year. I play Squad Battles every week and Daily and Weekly Objectives and Hut Rush to get more coins. Unfortunately I find the game tougher this year so I'm no longer trying higher than Pro level in SB, though I did manage to win 2 at Superstar, but it's so damn hard and I've lost a number so I quit.
    Lately I've been focusing on upgrading the Fantasy guys Boeser and Couturier. I'm a Canucks fan so I worked to get Daniel Sedin early on. It's a bit harder to get gold collectibles this year because the weekly objectives don't give them anymore. I can't believe some guys can collect 20 gold collectibles for one player. That would take me months. I don't buy any cards (well I did buy about $25 worth and did buy the Great Eight preorder). BTW those diamond packs that came with the preorder have turned out to be crap so far. Waste of money. The best store purchases are when they give you something with a gold collectible for about 50-70,000.
    A big change in my approach this year is that I've been using all my reward gold players to get gold collectibles where last year I was just quick selling them.
  • Yeah same here, all rewards, SB, Rival, champ goes to gold collectibles. I also fil up silver re-roll everytime I got 8 players to use for that. At least gives you 2 gold players.

2 weeks in a row that pack luck keep mocking me... Got that Purple color 2 times.

Base Vasilevskij
    And some random "2030" player ovr86.

= 20k in coins...