EA Forums - Banner

Team building!

Replies

• PaulOBrien wrote: »
    A big change in my approach this year is that I've been using all my reward gold players to get gold collectibles where last year I was just quick selling them.

The Gold player to a Gold Collectable set was a huge improvment. I don't remember it before NHL20 and along with Squads, it has increased my enjoyment of HUT a lot. It added value to packs since you can now use any item you pull to improve your team. Even if you don't pull a top rated player you are still getting usable items.

My M.O. is to sell items only in the first month or 2 the game drops. If a base item I can't use isn't going for 10-15K I keep it. I will only 'quick sell' items that don't go in sets like coaches, numbers and celebrations. I use a bunch of helmets and keep those but all sweaters logos go into sets.

I don't roll for many Masters until we see the double synergies but roll those base players for a collectable once I have enough. Between Squads and Challenge packs I roll players for 2 collectables a week plus usually get 1 or 2 in the packs themselves. I'm close to 500 Squads games and after I close that Milestone should have 50+ Gold Collectables.

The last couple weeks have seen the 1st couple Master items fall below 300K and these can be good investments, even if they don't help or fit your lineup. In previous years you could use the early Masters to roll in sets for the later released Masters.
  • PaulOBrien wrote: »
    A big change in my approach this year is that I've been using all my reward gold players to get gold collectibles where last year I was just quick selling them.

The Gold player to a Gold Collectable set was a huge improvment. I don't remember it before NHL20 and along with Squads, it has increased my enjoyment of HUT a lot. It added value to packs since you can now use any item you pull to improve your team. Even if you don't pull a top rated player you are still getting usable items.

My M.O. is to sell items only in the first month or 2 the game drops. If a base item I can't use isn't going for 10-15K I keep it. I will only 'quick sell' items that don't go in sets like coaches, numbers and celebrations. I use a bunch of helmets and keep those but all sweaters logos go into sets.

I don't roll for many Masters until we see the double synergies but roll those base players for a collectable once I have enough. Between Squads and Challenge packs I roll players for 2 collectables a week plus usually get 1 or 2 in the packs themselves. I'm close to 500 Squads games and after I close that Milestone should have 50+ Gold Collectables.

The last couple weeks have seen the 1st couple Master items fall below 300K and these can be good investments, even if they don't help or fit your lineup. In previous years you could use the early Masters to roll in sets for the later released Masters.

Daaang! 50 GC's.

Im close to 7...but I have build Drew Doughty and Stone, Couturier, both 92.

But now I think I will save up to a new MSP, Stone and couturier is already on a decent level, so I dont have to rush with them..

I have alot of synergies going now, but I want to upgrade my team. My 3th and 4th line is at average ~80 in ovr. I live on my first line with Stone - couturier - Gaborik, there all 92ovr, second line Dach - #66 - Krebs, decent, but im startin to need more fire power...
  • I hope for a feasty, good-looking MSP player to add to my squad on friday.

I got no cash no longer, but I do have 12 GC's to 'spend'.

My feeling says it's gonna be some pretty big names, but I havent decided if I gonna hope for a defender or forward...

😊
  • I'm looking for centers now.

I have 4 Masters, 2 on each wing but one is playing the off wing and I want to fix that but my Cs are all base cards and I need a boost up the middle.

My D has 2 Masters plus a 90 Winternational and I have a few 86+ on the bench becuase they don't fit my current synergies.

I need to focus a bit more on activating a Team synergy but all my players have at least 1 of their synergies on.

This would normally be the All-star break and I'm curious what the new event will be without it.
  • Sega82mega
    2602 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Probebly no news for you.. But couturier is amazing, I have him as 92 and I feel no rush to upgrade him yet. Killer on the dot.

Thats why im about to 'waste' my collectibles on this MSP instead of holding on and build further on Stone/couturier.

I got Gaborik (bought him) and Drew Doughty as MSP, and Stone/couturier if they still counts.

Friday will be interesting. I wont be able to play on friday but I will keep an eye on reddit.

😊
  • OEL, is my newest member of my team.

Left handed puck movable defender, exactly what I need, but havent had a chance to try him out yet! 😊
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    OEL, is my newest member of my team.

Left handed puck movable defender, exactly what I need, but havent had a chance to try him out yet! 😊

nice new player. how did you manage to get him?

I did 'cash him out' with my hard earned GC's.

Not the way you will get him.. As a pack pull... 😉😁

Somehow I often ends up with right handed defenders, so im really glad to get a decent left handen, and I always liked to play with OEL in previous games.
  • I'm eyeing Stamkos but really disapointed the only way to get the 94OVR is through packs.

This is the type of stuff that makes me want to give up on this game.

The 94 loaner as been great for the middle of my lineup but they could have highlighted someone that wasn't fired for harrasing a coworker.

I'm guessing we're getting a new set of challenges on Friday after the loaner expires so need to close those out ASAP. I put off Squads this weekend and made Challenges a priority. Rewards look weak again and don't see much help coming from this event. There is just not enough difference to sub out the 88 I have for a 93 Stamer. The 94 would unlock a team synergy without having to sub out others but the 93 leaves me 1 short. If I can't pull some help elsewhere I'll pass and see what the next event is.
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Somehow I often ends up with right handed defenders, so im really glad to get a decent left handen, and I always liked to play with OEL in previous games.

I also got oel with my gc cash in. He's a stud. I snagged 94 Tkachuk and 93 Stamkos through some trades. I'm down 90 wn mcdavid, 92 Parise. 88 niedermayer, 92 Mackinnon, and 90 koivu to get them though. Probably over paid, but saved on the auction house tax, got the players I wanted, and whoever took my trades either got improvements on their teams or some extra coin to work with.
  • I'm eyeing Stamkos but really disapointed the only way to get the 94OVR is through packs.

This is the type of stuff that makes me want to give up on this game.

The 94 loaner as been great for the middle of my lineup but they could have highlighted someone that wasn't fired for harrasing a coworker.

I'm guessing we're getting a new set of challenges on Friday after the loaner expires so need to close those out ASAP. I put off Squads this weekend and made Challenges a priority. Rewards look weak again and don't see much help coming from this event. There is just not enough difference to sub out the 88 I have for a 93 Stamer. The 94 would unlock a team synergy without having to sub out others but the 93 leaves me 1 short. If I can't pull some help elsewhere I'll pass and see what the next event is.

The 93 stammer has been great for me.
    93 Stamkos-92 Couterier-94 Tkachuk has been my favorite line I've used in a while.
  • Sega82mega
    2602 posts Member
    edited February 2

I also got oel with my gc cash in. He's a stud. I snagged 94 Tkachuk and 93 Stamkos through some trades. I'm down 90 wn mcdavid, 92 Parise. 88 niedermayer, 92 Mackinnon, and 90 koivu to get them though. Probably over paid, but saved on the auction house tax, got the players I wanted, and whoever took my trades either got improvements on their teams or some extra coin to work with.

Yeah I haven’t been playing HUT that much sence I've got OEL to my team. But the few games I got with him... Quite a shot that guy got.. He's even surprise me sometimes with shots I barley get the chance to see before its in the net!

Sounds like a pretty decent deal, especially cause you want them to your team.

Your team, that by the way sounds really fun to use.. Im waiting for us to get the chance to upgrade couturier, all though im pretty low on GC's now... 😬
  • i got oel too. i also replace petry 85 by hamilton 93 and koivu 90 by Crosby 93. with the trades i have been move up a rank in division rivals
  • i got oel too. i also replace petry 85 by hamilton 93 and koivu 90 by Crosby 93. with the trades i have been move up a rank in division rivals

How did you get OEL..? Curious to know... Don't say it was from packs? 🙄😄
  • Stephlefan6AX
    214 posts Member
    edited February 2
    with 18 gc's i got Crosby and with coins in hand and selling koivu and petry i bought OEL and Hamilton. no pull this time lol
  • Hehe Im relieved to hear.. 😉

But nice to hear you are taking ground in rivals.

Deep down I wish you luck in both games and packs! 😏
    Hehe Im relieved to hear.. 😉

But nice to hear you are taking ground in rivals.

Deep down I wish you luck in both games and packs! 😏

thank's i do have a stack team, i wish you great pull

Yeah I haven’t been playing HUT that much sence I've got OEL to my team. But the few games I got with him... Quite a shot that guy got.. He's even surprise me sometimes with shots I barley get the chance to see before its in the net!

Your team, that by the way sounds really fun to use.. Im waiting for us to get the chance to upgrade couturier, all though im pretty low on GC's now... 😬

Yeah, I'm up to 2 again. 3 if I do the final tier in rush to get the icon collectible. All the packs on the way gave enough gold players to build a collectible as well. Even pulled the 88 totw (ut) ehlers from the final mega pack thing. He doesn't make the main squad, but he makes the 'all untradeable too good to reroll but not quite good enough to make the main squad' lineup . Almost enough decent ut cards to make it all misfits, but there's still a few main roster guys filling out the empty spots. I'll have to try him out to see how a non meta team plays.

Yeah, I'm up to 2 again. 3 if I do the final tier in rush to get the icon collectible. All the packs on the way gave enough gold players to build a collectible as well. Even pulled the 88 totw (ut) ehlers from the final mega pack thing. He doesn't make the main squad, but he makes the 'all untradeable too good to reroll but not quite good enough to make the main squad' lineup . Almost enough decent ut cards to make it all misfits, but there's still a few main roster guys filling out the empty spots. I'll have to try him out to see how a non meta team plays.

"all untradeable too good to reroll but not quite good enough to make the main squad'

Hehe good describe. I know the feeling.

Usally I give both squad battle and rivals/champs some games. Mainly to get packs to open... So ive decided to go more easy, only play rivals and accept to not open that many packs. It's easy to just play for the packs and forget the fun.. At least for me.. I notice im much more calm today, without that 'stress to play'.

Soo it's gonna take a while to get thoose GC's going....

Watching avs vs wild from yesterday, that kaprizov gets me tempt to get a card of that guy. 🙄😁

"all untradeable too good to reroll but not quite good enough to make the main squad'

Hehe good describe. I know the feeling.

Usally I give both squad battle and rivals/champs some games. Mainly to get packs to open... So ive decided to go more easy, only play rivals and accept to not open that many packs. It's easy to just play for the packs and forget the fun.. At least for me.. I notice im much more calm today, without that 'stress to play'.

Soo it's gonna take a while to get thoose GC's going....

Watching avs vs wild from yesterday, that kaprizov gets me tempt to get a card of that guy. 🙄😁

Spent my last 30k coins on the 30k players pack last night. Pulled Theo Fleury. Spent 47k and bought 89 Monahan, so now I have 3 usable flames on my squad (managed to get Calgary Flames as my team name) now. Just wish there were more competitive flames cards.