EA Forums - Banner

Team building!

Replies

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    OEL, is my newest member of my team.

Left handed puck movable defender, exactly what I need, but havent had a chance to try him out yet! 😊

nice new player. how did you manage to get him?

I did 'cash him out' with my hard earned GC's.

Not the way you will get him.. As a pack pull... 😉😁

Somehow I often ends up with right handed defenders, so im really glad to get a decent left handen, and I always liked to play with OEL in previous games.

I also got oel with my gc cash in. He's a stud. I snagged 94 Tkachuk and 93 Stamkos through some trades. I'm down 90 wn mcdavid, 92 Parise. 88 niedermayer, 92 Mackinnon, and 90 koivu to get them though. Probably over paid, but saved on the auction house tax, got the players I wanted, and whoever took my trades either got improvements on their teams or some extra coin to work with.

Yeah I haven’t been playing HUT that much sence I've got OEL to my team. But the few games I got with him... Quite a shot that guy got.. He's even surprise me sometimes with shots I barley get the chance to see before its in the net!

Sounds like a pretty decent deal, especially cause you want them to your team.

Your team, that by the way sounds really fun to use.. Im waiting for us to get the chance to upgrade couturier, all though im pretty low on GC's now... 😬

Yeah, I'm up to 2 again. 3 if I do the final tier in rush to get the icon collectible. All the packs on the way gave enough gold players to build a collectible as well. Even pulled the 88 totw (ut) ehlers from the final mega pack thing. He doesn't make the main squad, but he makes the 'all untradeable too good to reroll but not quite good enough to make the main squad' lineup . Almost enough decent ut cards to make it all misfits, but there's still a few main roster guys filling out the empty spots. I'll have to try him out to see how a non meta team plays.

"all untradeable too good to reroll but not quite good enough to make the main squad'

Hehe good describe. I know the feeling.

Usally I give both squad battle and rivals/champs some games. Mainly to get packs to open... So ive decided to go more easy, only play rivals and accept to not open that many packs. It's easy to just play for the packs and forget the fun.. At least for me.. I notice im much more calm today, without that 'stress to play'.

Soo it's gonna take a while to get thoose GC's going....

Watching avs vs wild from yesterday, that kaprizov gets me tempt to get a card of that guy. 🙄😁

Spent my last 30k coins on the 30k players pack last night. Pulled Theo Fleury. Spent 47k and bought 89 Monahan, so now I have 3 usable flames on my squad (managed to get Calgary Flames as my team name) now. Just wish there were more competitive flames cards.

I like that style. To gamble abit. It's just a game, so why not!

Oh so flames is your team. I remember growing up, watching Fleury and he"s tinted visor.

Flames will be strong this season, you will get your cards! 😉
  • Sega82mega
    3135 posts Member
    edited February 5
    I'm eyeing Stamkos but really disapointed the only way to get the 94OVR is through packs.

This is the type of stuff that makes me want to give up on this game.

The 94 loaner as been great for the middle of my lineup but they could have highlighted someone that wasn't fired for harrasing a coworker.

I'm guessing we're getting a new set of challenges on Friday after the loaner expires so need to close those out ASAP. I put off Squads this weekend and made Challenges a priority. Rewards look weak again and don't see much help coming from this event. There is just not enough difference to sub out the 88 I have for a 93 Stamer. The 94 would unlock a team synergy without having to sub out others but the 93 leaves me 1 short. If I can't pull some help elsewhere I'll pass and see what the next event is.

Sooo... Did you get your stammer 94?...you ever got that -exactly- you ever 'want' in a pack?

I still got a "worst year".. Nothing in 'every pack'.. One 500k profit Sedin MSP .. But maybe i shouldnt complain.. I never buy packs.. Would hate to feel 'ripped'..
    Hehe Im relieved to hear.. 😉

But nice to hear you are taking ground in rivals.

Deep down I wish you luck in both games and packs! 😏

thank's i do have a stack team, i wish you great pull

How is it going friend.. Are you doing champs this week?
  • I'm looking for centers now.

I have 4 Masters, 2 on each wing but one is playing the off wing and I want to fix that but my Cs are all base cards and I need a boost up the middle.

My D has 2 Masters plus a 90 Winternational and I have a few 86+ on the bench becuase they don't fit my current synergies.

I need to focus a bit more on activating a Team synergy but all my players have at least 1 of their synergies on.

This would normally be the All-star break and I'm curious what the new event will be without it.

Which MSP do you have, favorite?

hey buddy,i'm not doing hut champ this weekend. i don't have enough points but i will in two weeks

hey buddy,i'm not doing hut champ this weekend. i don't have enough points but i will in two weeks

Will it be first time?

Will it be first time?

no i do the hut champ every two week end. sometime i pass cause i'm tired of gaming lol. all games on SB's and at least gold on rivals, its just a lot of games lol
  • Sega82mega
    3135 posts Member
    edited February 6

Will it be first time?

no i do the hut champ every two week end. sometime i pass cause i'm tired of gaming lol. all games on SB's and at least gold on rivals, its just a lot of games lol

Good decision. One game in a time. Or else, too easy to just 'chase the dragon '. It's a life outside too.

HUT champs is serious business! 😊
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 7

Will it be first time?

Good decision. One game in a time. Or else, too easy to just 'chase the dragon '. It's a life outside too.

Hut Champs is even more sweaty than rivals after I got into d2 earlier in the week, lol.

This is my current lineup btw. Has been fun! Laine has been missed, but upgrading my 88 Toews to his 92 has given me an elite center now (98 faceoff). Traded 92 Laine, 88 Toews, 89 Monahan (repurchased afterwards for a reasonable price), and 86 totw Lehner for the 92 Toews. I threw a little more value to sweeten the deal, but I don't think I overpaid too much. Factor in the 5% auction house tax that I would lose selling for coin, plus having to be patient selling or drastically undercut the other postings to sell, I'd rather just offer a trade that works for both parties.

https://nhlhutbuilder.com/builder.php?team=sglk6f1zv9
  • Sega82mega
    3135 posts Member
    edited February 7

Will it be first time?

Hut Champs is even more sweaty than rivals after I got into d2 earlier in the week, lol.

This is my current lineup btw. Has been fun! Laine has been missed, but upgrading my 88 Toews to his 92 has given me an elite center now (98 faceoff). Traded 92 Laine, 88 Toews, 89 Monahan (repurchased afterwards for a reasonable price), and 86 totw Lehner for the 92 Toews. I threw a little more value to sweeten the deal, but I don't think I overpaid too much. Factor in the 5% auction house tax that I would lose selling for coin, plus having to be patient selling or drastically undercut the other postings to sell, I'd rather just offer a trade that works for both parties.

https://nhlhutbuilder.com/builder.php?team=sglk6f1zv9

HUT champs is too much for me at the moment. Usally finish off first 5, and then take it from there.

Always tough to sell one of your big guns. But sometimes you need to let go.. . Toews must be a tank.

Yes you didn't rip him off in that trade, good of you.

I rarely do trades with players but I get what you sayin.. And it's always fun to see what offer you get from thoose that trade with players. Some people can offer you great players for a quick deal.

Edit; some team you got there! Most jealous on, Pasta, Makar and jack hughes.
    I'm looking for centers now.

I have 4 Masters, 2 on each wing but one is playing the off wing and I want to fix that but my Cs are all base cards and I need a boost up the middle.

My D has 2 Masters plus a 90 Winternational and I have a few 86+ on the bench becuase they don't fit my current synergies.

I need to focus a bit more on activating a Team synergy but all my players have at least 1 of their synergies on.

This would normally be the All-star break and I'm curious what the new event will be without it.

Which MSP do you have, favorite?

I have 3 92s from the Winternational; Norway, Sweden & Finland. I have the 90 Beast from Halloween & 90 Grit Wheeler.

The 92 Winternational are my favs.
    I'm eyeing Stamkos but really disapointed the only way to get the 94OVR is through packs.

The 94 loaner as been great for the middle of my lineup but they could have highlighted someone that wasn't fired for harrasing a coworker.

I'm guessing we're getting a new set of challenges on Friday after the loaner expires so need to close those out ASAP. I put off Squads this weekend and made Challenges a priority. Rewards look weak again and don't see much help coming from this event. There is just not enough difference to sub out the 88 I have for a 93 Stamer. The 94 would unlock a team synergy without having to sub out others but the 93 leaves me 1 short. If I can't pull some help elsewhere I'll pass and see what the next event is.

Sooo... Did you get your stammer 94?...you ever got that -exactly- you ever 'want' in a pack?

I still got a "worst year".. Nothing in 'every pack'.. One 500k profit Sedin MSP .. But maybe i shouldnt complain.. I never buy packs.. Would hate to feel 'ripped'..

No luck on the 94 but I don't expect a pull like that. I also didn't get any help to make the 93 worth the cost so I'm sitting out this event.

The challenges don't seem to be worth playing either. I was able to use all 6 of the 1st week's player but only see value in 3 of the Gretzky collectables. There is ZERO value on the event collectable if you're not going for a player so I'm not playing those challenges unless I need a daily objective.

No luck on the 94 but I don't expect a pull like that. I also didn't get any help to make the 93 worth the cost so I'm sitting out this event.

The challenges don't seem to be worth playing either. I was able to use all 6 of the 1st week's player but only see value in 3 of the Gretzky collectables. There is ZERO value on the event collectable if you're not going for a player so I'm not playing those challenges unless I need a daily objective.

Sounds like you got it all figured out! 😊👌

Im having a hard time to find Joy in my HUT journey for the moment. Abit stuck.

And started to think online vs is really fun to play, more NHL in that mode.

But of course, I wont give up on my team, we will get there!
  • Having a 94 at center the last 2 weeks has been nice and think I'll roll the 93 Stamkos set if I can get home in time. Prices in the House went up a bit this week so I didn't buy any help for the team synergy but haven't opened any Mega packs from Squad rewards.

Valentine's Day is a perfect time for a Duos event and EA should look to move that event going forward. Not sure what to expect for an event but hope we see 94s available in sets and not just packs.

• This is so good I just feel to share.... in my own HUT thread.. 😜

Hope you feel 'n it!
  • How is it going my HUT Friends... Zombie, Jeff, steph... You close having 'the perfect team'..?
  • Stephlefan6AX
    264 posts Member
    edited February 26
    How is it going my HUT Friends... Zombie, Jeff, steph... You close having 'the perfect team'..?

a perfect team is not the best team. some players i can't handle them well like hamilton 93 et Hedman totw. i just bought hamilton 93 to give him a 2nd chance. i did add also Murphy 89 and hughes 92 in the last 24 hours. next move will be upgrade for lafleur,lemieux and gretzky when available. how about you sega,why are not you playing hutanymore and just playing vs mode?
  • Sega82mega
    3135 posts Member
    edited February 26
    How is it going my HUT Friends... Zombie, Jeff, steph... You close having 'the perfect team'..?

a perfect team is not the best team. some players i can't handle them well like hamilton 93 et Hedman totw. i just bought hamilton 93 to give him a 2nd chance. i did add also Murphy 89 and hughes 92 in the last 24 hours. next move will be upgrade for lafleur,lemieux and gretzky when available. how about you sega,why are not you playing hutanymore and just playing vs mode?

You need to learn witch type of players you prefer to play with. Small/big/ agility and all that. Even if their sticks are right or left, im usally best with right stick. (but try to have LD as a right and RD as a left...) good for one timers)

Too painful.

I now only play vs to find good games. Were we can learn from each other and have fun. HUT is to much stress for my nerv. I never gets the chance to play hockey.

You need to learn witch type of players you prefer to play with. Small/big/ agility and all that. Even if their sticks are right or left, im usally best with right stick. (but try to have LD as a right and RD as a left...) good for one timers)

Too painful.

I now only play vs to find good games. Were we can learn from each other and have fun. HUT is to much stress for my nerv. I never gets the chance to play hockey.

i know what i prefer but sometimes no players match your synergy needs so i should use a player out of my liking

Too painful.

i know what i prefer but sometimes no players match your synergy needs so i should use a player out of my liking

usally I only look at the synergy. Best of course if I can mix the two of them. Player I like aaaand synergy I need.

But to build your team strictly around synergy is fun, cause you never really know which player thats next to come.

But if you don't have time/patience to wait too long for your team to be good. Then you could choose to only go for 1 or 2 synergy and buy the 'best players' you like.

I would never play with Lafleur for example.. it's more fun to play with players you really like, no mather the ovr on the card.