EA Forums - Banner

Team building!

1234568Next

Replies

• Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 27
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    How is it going my HUT Friends... Zombie, Jeff, steph... You close having 'the perfect team'..?

One step closer every day. Have my 92 Gaborik on sale, but only because I started working on building the 95 Matthews. (only an 89 right now in his second level, but already a stud). So a temporary overall drop that will end up a much better player.

Not sure if you saw the new event, but you can unlock a free 94ovr msp just for playing. Goals, shots, hits, wins, games played, shutouts. Rivals, Champs or squad battles to complete the challenges and the rest of the year to do it. I'll probably have it done with an insane grind by this weekend or earlier is my target. I have way too much free time these days.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    How is it going my HUT Friends... Zombie, Jeff, steph... You close having 'the perfect team'..?

One step closer every day. Have my 92 Gaborik on sale, but only because I started working on building the 95 Matthews. (only an 89 right now in his second level, but already a stud). So a temporary overall drop that will end up a much better player.

Not sure if you saw the new event, but you can unlock a free 94ovr msp just for playing. Goals, shots, hits, wins, games played, shutouts. Rivals, Champs or squad battles to complete the challenges and the rest of the year to do it. I'll probably have it done with an insane grind by this weekend or earlier is my target. I have way too much free time these days.

Hehe sounds good. Is this your best HUT year ever, if you only see to your team, great players?

Oh, didn't know. I saw something when I went for 2 HUT games today, but didn't look any closer. But I will have to do that later on. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

Hehe yeah don't mention it.. Me too.. But we have to do something with our time, why not something you like. 😊
  • I'm still not looking for my perfect team until the Gold Icons come and I then I'll load up.

I landed a nice pull in reward packs (91 Whitney) that I didn't need but was able to move on the House for about 300K. I took that and bought 3 90+, 2 TOW Cs and the 90 Winternational Ovi.

I rolled 2 of the 94 Blockbuster sets to upgrade 2 88OVRs. I had both Big E & Shea Weber at 88 and 6 points was worth it plus getting 2 cards with different synergies adds some future value. I do like Roy but not sure I roll for any of the current event sets.

My line up is below. I don't have any team synergies yet but all players have at least 1 of their player syns active. Gladiator, Workhorse, Passing Playmaker, Wingman, Shutdown.

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G
  • Sega82mega
    3042 posts Member

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

I wouldn’t mind names.. Hehe but I understand... Pretty solid team. Should be proud!

You don't match up your OFD with your DFD? Or do you wanna spread out higher ovr to all 3 defensive pair.

I gotta ask, who is that 84 PLY that drags down your 4th line..? 🤔😃
  • monz
    930 posts Member

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

I wouldn’t mind names.. Hehe but I understand... Pretty solid team. Should be proud!

You don't match up your OFD with your DFD? Or do you wanna spread out higher ovr to all 3 defensive pair.

Willing to bet it's the Litt Matt Duchene
  • Sega82mega
    3042 posts Member
    monz wrote: »

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

Willing to bet it's the Litt Matt Duchene

Now when you mention it.... Might be... You know your HUT! 😉

Hehe sounds good. Is this your best HUT year ever, if you only see to your team, great players?

Oh, didn't know. I saw something when I went for 2 HUT games today, but didn't look any closer. But I will have to do that later on. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal!

Hehe yeah don't mention it.. Me too.. But we have to do something with our time, why not something you like. 😊

Last year was my best team. I had more 99s than I knew what to do with. I still have a team of all 99s after giving away a good 10 plus of them at the end of 20
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1475 posts Member
    edited March 2
    I'm still not looking for my perfect team until the Gold Icons come and I then I'll load up.

I landed a nice pull in reward packs (91 Whitney) that I didn't need but was able to move on the House for about 300K. I took that and bought 3 90+, 2 TOW Cs and the 90 Winternational Ovi.

I rolled 2 of the 94 Blockbuster sets to upgrade 2 88OVRs. I had both Big E & Shea Weber at 88 and 6 points was worth it plus getting 2 cards with different synergies adds some future value. I do like Roy but not sure I roll for any of the current event sets.

My line up is below. I don't have any team synergies yet but all players have at least 1 of their player syns active. Gladiator, Workhorse, Passing Playmaker, Wingman, Shutdown.

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

Heres a site you might find helpful.

https://nhlhutbuilder.com/builder.php?team=sglk6f1zv9

That's actually my squad, but you can use the site to display your team, put in players you might be interested in to see how they fit or would be impacted by synergies, or just try creating a lineup to work towards.
  • Sega82mega
    3042 posts Member
    edited March 2
    I'm still not looking for my perfect team until the Gold Icons come and I then I'll load up.

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

That's actually my squad, but you can use the site to display your team, put in players you might be interested in to see how they fit or would be impacted by synergies, or just try creating a lineup to work towards.

Mama Mia, I want to drive your Ferrari!

I love your bronze goalie... Guess he's just sitting quiet in a corner in the locker room! 😄

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

Base Marner plays on the RW to keep Passing on. I have a few higher rated cards that could go there but are the wrong player type.

Re: the OFD/DFD pairing; in previous years I felt they did follow the Strategies when paired up. I favor 2-way FWDs & Ds and will thin out those SNPs with TWF as higher rated cards come out and build the team.

I was only saving time not listing names.

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

I love your bronze goalie... Guess he's just sitting quiet in a corner in the locker room! 😄

He's sitting there until he can be replaced by a competent back up with 3 syns lol.
  • Sega82mega
    3042 posts Member

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

Base Marner plays on the RW to keep Passing on. I have a few higher rated cards that could go there but are the wrong player type.

Re: the OFD/DFD pairing; in previous years I felt they did follow the Strategies when paired up. I favor 2-way FWDs & Ds and will thin out those SNPs with TWF as higher rated cards come out and build the team.

I was only saving time not listing names.

Sounds like you follow your plan.

But how is it.. You only play SB if I remember right?

But it's a perfect mode for thoose that wanna 'enjoy' the team building mixed up with some games.

I can feel I miss HUT, but then again, it's not good for my health.
  • Sega82mega
    3042 posts Member

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

He's sitting there until he can be replaced by a competent back up with 3 syns lol.

Hehe poor thing... Hope you at least told him that.

And make sure to give him a puck as memory when you let him go.. 😄

92PLY - 94PWF - 92SNP
    90SNP - 91PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 87PLY - 90PWF
    89SNP - 90TWF - 84PLY

94TWD - 90TWD
    92OFD - 86TWD
    87TWD - 90DFD

88 - 86 G

Hehe poor thing... Hope you at least told him that.

And make sure to give him a puck as memory when you let him go.. 😄

I do him one better. I throw him to the superstar ai wolves when my toty vassy acts like he's the bronze backup lol.